• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47 -- Vestige -- Unharmed -- VP x1

29 -- Captain Knievel -- Unharmed -- VP x3

23 -- Ronin -- Unharmed -- VP x1

18 -- Belphegor -- Unharmed -- VP x1

12 -- Troops

1 -- Malice -- Unharmed -- VP x2

WM, unless I missed it, I don't see where you've spent your 20 free points, care to direct me?

The Boost (in his now-pumped Magic 15) gives him 6 ranks in Super-Speed (as he now has Boost 30, and +30pp grants Super-Speed 6). And a Device he's wearing gives him a 7th rank in Super-Speed. Super-Speed 7 = +28 initiative, +5 more (+33 total) from his Dex 20.

(I'll edit his 'regular' char sheet to show how the Boost works a bit better.)

And now I've realized what a combat monster 'regular' Avalon can be, since he can activate 5 ranks in Super-Speed and then (due to the semi-Independent nature in which Boost works) switch his array to something else (like "Aspect of the Wittigo" or "Obsidian Blade") and have the full effects of both.

His No Action Regen from Bruised & Injury can also be a tad problematic, as mentioned in this thread at the ATT. (Yes, it's long; reading is good for you.)

Regeneration: Regeneration runs into pretty much the same issues as Self-Only Reaction Heals. The slower ones are pretty much a non-issue in most games; but even the one round versions can be problematic, and the no-time ones can be counted on to constantly peel off the accumulated bruises and/or injuries are a good bit of what makes characters go down in M&M games. I would recommend strongly to add a virtual Toughness or two for those who regenerate both injuries and bruises in no time; certainly make it two if they can recover Staggered in one round or less. Disabled and most of the others can be ignored, and a judgement call will be needed in the interim cases (injured only in no-time for example, or bruises and injuries but only with one round (few people will take out the time unless they have nothing better to do, or have simply built up a massive number, in which case its too late).

There is one case that is sufficiently problematic I simply suggest not permitting it at all: Recovery from Unconsciousness. At a single point for the full round, this is sufficiently attractive for many people that you could well end up with characters who never stay down short of exotic methods. Villains who buy this will almost certainly not make the GM at all popular, and may well bring out the more bloodthirsty tendencies of players as they get tired of dealing with it.

Watch Traits: Constitution.

(Yes, I'm only noticing this now; as much as I'd like otherwise, I am not wholly familiar with every character here, especially ones I didn't do an approval on :P )

This may be something that you plan on watching from now on which I have no problems with (not my character, not my business.) But for the purposes of this thread, can we just gloss over it and keep moving? It's non-canon anyway, and Geez3r says we are going to need all the help we can get! :shock:

And now I've realized what a combat monster 'regular' Avalon can be, since he can activate 5 ranks in Super-Speed and then (due to the semi-Independent nature in which Boost works) switch his array to something else (like "Aspect of the Wittigo" or "Obsidian Blade") and have the full effects of both.

His No Action Regen from Bruised & Injury can also be a tad problematic, as mentioned in this thread at the ATT. (Yes, it's long; reading is good for you.)

(Yes, I'm only noticing this now; as much as I'd like otherwise, I am not wholly familiar with every character here, especially ones I didn't do an approval on :P )

I'm only really a monster vs large groups though. Rapid attack won't have much effect in a 1 on 1 duel. Plus it's the only AoE I have. The regen is actually useful for me since I forsee The Vestige usually being outnumbered by the heroes and it helps him to last longer for a better fight.

note: Most of the heroes here are a PL or two above me so I need something to at least even the odds.

note: Most of the heroes here are a PL or two above me so I need something to at least even the odds.

Unfortunately it is kind of unfair to say something like that. The heroes are a higher PL because they have earned it. They have put in the time and been rewarded for it. They were in the same position you were when they first started. So giving you an advantage by bending the rules and justifying it by saying that you are a lower PL is IMO unfair to the other guys. Its like when you bring gum into school. You have to bring a piece for everybody.

Regardless. Your character went through two approvals, so you should be okay for the time being. I am sure the judges will look it over as they are wont to do. We will just have to wait and see what the final outcome is.

Issues:

1. Why are we having this discussion where no one is going to see it? Maybe it should be moved to character building or campaign discussion?

2. Can we just gloss over this and continue with the thread at hand?

I didn't mean it in that way. I mean that it would help in making fights a bit longer and not a one-shot snoozefest like what happened to my previous char.

On another note, I'm just writing the updated Magic Array for The Vestige to reflect the 2 additional ranks added to it.

1. Why are we having this discussion where no one is going to see it? Maybe it should be moved to character building or campaign discussion?

2. Can we just gloss over this and continue with the thread at hand?

I agree completely. If the issue needs to be revisited, we can do so in a more appropriate thread.

Need a bit of clarification: are we starting our actions this round at our respective targets, or do we need to spend a Move action to get to our target? (To put it another way, if I want to take a full round action, will I need to use Extra Effort to Surge?)

If we do need to take a Move action to get to our target, then I'm using Extra Effort to stunt:

Strike 11 (Extras: 55-ft. Burst Area) [22pp]

If we do not need to use a Move action to move to the bunker, then I'm using Extra Effort to stunt:

Corrosion 7 (Extras: 35-ft. radius Burst Area; Flaws: Action/Full Round; PFs: Progression 2 for Area [70-ft. radius]) [23pp]

And in either case using a Villain Point to nix the fatigue from the extra effort.