Go For Broken (OOC)

Geez3r

Malice also takes a 10 on his inventing checks creating a 14 points device (56.5 hours). It also takes Bel 60 hours on his device (you forgot to include the time for drawing up the plans).

Malice's Device:

Device 3 (Hard to Lose; 15pp) PF: Indestructible

Regeneration 15

Bruised - No Action

Injured - No Action

Staggered - No Action

Yep. Reflex saves, they're a $%@&.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes and no. We've only got floor plans for the top couple of floors, one of the other reasons we intend to hack into the system is to get a better floor plan.

We do know that there are a wide array of high obstacles in our way; something to nullify electronics would be quite useful.

Sorry, I'd meant "we know what we're doing, what our objective is", not "we know exactly what we're getting in to".

Malice also takes a 10 on his inventing checks creating a 14 points device (56.5 hours). It also takes Bel 60 hours on his device (you forgot to include the time for drawing up the plans).

D'oh!

Are we talking Gygax-level traps here?

No Save Perception range effect? I hope not! ;)

As per the communications thing, I can reach a 26 if I take 10 for the ritual. What modifiers do I need to make the communications power two-way?

Spending some of your new points on bumping his Know/Arcane Lore?

Ask Shaen how to build it, he knows.

Nevermind, I found what he came up with:

OK, here's what I've come up with for the power stunt:

Group Telepathy 4 (Feats: Selective, Subtle)

32PP

If I've built this correctly, every hero within 1 mile of The Scarab and the epicenter of the explosion should be able to converse freely and quietly with anyone else. You can broadcast point-to-point with a single person, or simultaneously to any number of people within the area. Language barriers shouldn't be an issue. And with the Mind Reading effect, "what one sees, all see." Though if for some reason you don't want your allies to benefit from your sensory input, a rank 1 effect is easy to resist.

I'll be going for this: Communication 4 (Mental, 1 mile, Extras: Affects Others, Area) and just adding some perhaps Subtle 2 and Rapid 2 (x100?).

How's that sound to you guys? I think I can go comm. hub ala Martian Manhunter with this with faster response time.

Oh quote, it's so very fun putting the fear of god into you.

Don't think it as a single fight however. It's meant to be much like a video game, as I've said numerous times. There will be periods of extreme action, followed by a period of slower paced action, assuming of course the situation is handled properly.

Once you've got your character all set up, post in IC to "announce" your presence and we can make a tweak or two to the plan. Ultimately however, I aim to end the planning stage quickly so we can get into the action.

I'll just add here how I will spend my 22 pp:

+22 pp (20 +2 pp unspent this month)

-2 pp to increase Knowledge (Arcane Lore) to 12 r and Notice to 8 r

-4 pp to increase Magic Array from 13 to 15

-2 pp to gain +2 recovery bonus

-8 pp to gain Device 2 (Hard to Lose) "Time-walker Pauldrons"

-3 pp to gain Detect Magic (Acute)

-3 pp to gain 3 additional AP's for Magic Array

Time-walker Pauldrons:

Super-speed 1 (Subtle) - 6 pp

--> Rapid Attack

Displacement - 4 pp

Additional AP's for Magic Array:

-AP: Corrosion 10 ("The Grip of Time Wears Away All")

-AP: Strike 10 ("Flay the Blood"; Alt Save - Fortitude [+1], Burst Area [+1])

-AP: Confusion 10 (Burst Area [+1], Touch Range [-1]), Emotion Control 10 (Burst Area [+1], Touch Range [-2]), Mind Reading 10

Modifications w/in the Magic Array:

-AP: Blast 11 (Magical; PFs: Accurate, Affects Insubstantial 2, Homing, Improved Range 2 [550 ft], Variable Descriptor 2)

-AP: Teleport 13 (PFs: Change Direction, Change Velocity, Easy, Turnaround)

-AP: Snare 12 (Chokehold, Reversible, Subtle, Tether)

-AP: Super-Movement 3 (Dimensional Movement - Any Dimension) plus Dimensional Pocket 12 (500,000 lbs)

-AP: Boost Super-Speed 30 (gain 30pp/6 ranks in Super-Speed) ("Incantation of Lightning"; Personal [-1], Total Fade [+1; lasts 30 rounds])

-AP: Strike 5 ("A Borrowed Blade from the Vault"; Extras: Autofire [+1], Penetrating 5; PFs: Affects Insubstantial 2, Extended Reach 2, Improved Critical, Mighty, Variable Descriptor 2)

-AP: Alternate Form 6 ("Aspect of the Wiitigo")

Aspect of the Wiitigo

-Growth 2 (+4 Str, +2 Con; Permanent [+0])

-Enhanced Strength 6

-Morph 1 (Wiitigo) (Permanent [+0])

-Super-Strength 5 (effective Str 60; PFs: Bracing, Groundstrike)

-Regeneration 5 (Staggered - Move Action)

Alright, so we can get the show on the road sooner, here's the revised version of the plan:

Let's see what we got here.

Malice is the fastest while still having an attack, and he has the largest AoE effects, so he'll be the one taking on clumps of tough enemies before they get to the rest of the group

Vestige is second fastest with the teleportation, and his magic array adds lots of utility, so he'll help out anyone who gets into a bit of trouble, so long as he isn't doing anything too important.

Bel, like Vestige, has lots of utility, but is a touch slower, so he'll be given a set task.

Captain is just as fast as Bel, but Bel has 3-D movement, and is more or less a melee fighter, he'll be taking care of any close encounter type of missions.

Ronin is in the same speed pool as Captain, but lots of skills and utility, making him the perfect man for most any job.

Cap and Ronin take out bunker 1, as as soon as their able head to the comm tower and make it go boom.

Malice takes out Bunker 3 before proceeding to the hangars and blowing up anything that looks expensive.

Bel and Vestige take out bunkers 2 and 4 respectively, and then provide cover for Captain and Ronin in the courtyard by neutralizing the ground forces, using their flight powers to get a bird's eye view of the area, so as they get a better idea of how to effectively splinter the opposing forces.

Once those tasks are completed, we storm the building and battle our way to the mainframe, where Malice will hack the system, bringing up the rest of the floor plans so they can figure out where their next objective is, while everyone else holds off the horde.

Sound good to everyone?