Go For Broken (IC)

Ronin cursed as the last guard managed to avoid his killing strike. Even as Knieval swung in and opened fire the table absorbed the rest of the shock from the Captain's attack. Ronin sheathed his swords and reached for his two Steyer auto pistols. Quickly turning his back to the man, Ronin back-flipped across the table firing both guns nearly point blank into the man's chest. He landed lightly over the man's corpse.

He turned to the Captain. "Glad to see the cavalry is here. But the generator is behind the door." Ronin indicated the thick metal door in front of them. "Sounds like some nerds in there, lets remind em why they are scared of jocks."

The dark flames still flickering along the demon's body suddenly flowed into him, and he now glowed with an eerie dark light, as if his bones now glowed with that hellish light. He roared as he dove for the generator, heedless -- at least for the moment -- of the two remaining guards.

Destroy!

GM POST

Ronin makes quick work of the remaining guard, while Belphegor crushes the front of the generator in. Finally, the generator ceases functioning. The guards don't take kindly to being ignored by the demon and open fire. One missing wildly, the other connecting.

At the other bunker, the guard opens fire on Malice and connects. But Malice takes the hit without much fuss.

Finally, the exposed guards take aim at Vesitge with wildly varying levels of accuracy.

Malice for his part, finishes off the lone guard without hesitation. He then takes to the air, heading towards where the air field should be. He talks over their communication link "Bunker 3 is decimated. I need a status report from everyone else. How are we doing out there? Please tell me you're all just about finished."

A hail of bullets rain down on The Vestige but only one manages to pierce his armor and injure him. Even then, the damage is only temporary as the wounds heal up in less than a second.

"The fourth bunker has fallen to the sands of time Malice. I have just a few minor insects to attend to."

Focusing on the here and now, The Vestige confronts his attackers. "I'm sorry, was that supposed to lay me low? Now you know that it takes more than that to harm me." Reaching out to the Vault of Gom'or'rah and draws out the Obsidian Blade. "You will now regret having even laid your weapons to bear upon me." In the blink of an eye, all of the guards and the generator are struck in several places at once from the massive Obsidian Blade.

"You know what? I was actually thinking of being nice for a second." Captain Knievel leveled his gaze on the scientists that were so fond of insulting him. "But after that little comment? ... @#$% IT!" He raised his right arm and aimed at the cluster of scientists, the generator, and the wall behind them. "Adrenaline Cannon! FIRE!"

*FOOM*

"Bunker Two is no more," Bel said over the mystical comm link, "am proceeding to phase two."

As he 'talked' over the link, the dark fire in his bones flowed out and into his taloned hands. He shot at one of the two remaining guards, then flapped his mighty wings and took to the air.

Now, what was phase two for me? Ah, yes -- provide cover for the Merc and the Mouth as they take out the Comm Tower. Then storm the main building, holding off guards while the Red Knight hacks their computer systems.

He carefully surveyed the scene, seeing who was where doing what.

The guards crumpled to the ground, and with that their entire number had been defeated in just a few seconds.

Malice arrived as close as he could to the next target as he could while the shield was still up. "Vestige, please tell me the generator is about to go ka-put."

Moments after receiving the message from Malice, the generator succumbs to the forces of time and erosion and quickly crumbles into dust.

"Everything is done here on my end, Malice. Proceeding to the next checkpoint."

And with that, The Vestige drops out of sight only to appear at his destination in less than a second.

GM Only Post

The sight before you is quite possibly the most awe-inspiring display you have ever seen in your entire life. A massive canyon is carved into the landscape, and the facility is built right into it. To say that the architecture is advanced would be an understatement. Any movies or televison shows you've seen about the city of the future all pale in comparison to this. Everything looks sleek and perfectly designed as if this canyon had been carved for the soul purpose of containing this complex, and a little voice inside of your head tells you it might just have been. Some of the central buildings may very well be a mile in hieght. Massive monorail tracks cover the entire area, moving massive amounts of materials from one section of the complex to the other.

Unfortunately for you, you don't have the luxury of taking in the sights, as most everyone down there is doing their level best to give you a bad case of the very dead; a task which they very well succeed in. The former river basin looks like it's about to be the scene of a major battle. Two battalions of troops have just been deployed by the Comm Tower, and you guess there are even more on the way from the sounds of those alarms going off.

The Comm Tower stands probably a good 350 ft tall and is located about 1000 ft away from Knievel and Ronin's current position. It's probably 40ft in radius. In addition, some of their heavier machinery has already been mobilized. There are 5 tanks and 3 helicopters heading towards your position. The tanks are about 1700 ft out from Knievel and Ronin's position, in a line formation. The are choppers are each going up the center, left flank and right flank respectively. They're about 1200 ft out, putting them near Bel and Vestige.

Over at Malice's end, there appear to be 2 dozen helicopters prepping for take off, he's probably got less than a minute to take them out before they get airborne. Also, 2 War-Mechs have been deployed to the area and are moving to engage him. From over the radios you can tell the base itself is readying its defenses, so Surface to Air missles and the like will probably be coming soon.

• 2 weeks later...

The sights and sounds before him brings The Vestige memories of times long gone. This seems to invigorate the ancient one. Now this is a battle! It does me good to be in another of this magnitude...

He takes a few steps before sending another thought. Now is the time for them to have a taste of a true battle...

Setting his mind on battles during his previous life, The Vestige begins to gather an impossible amount of mana from the surrounding environment. In moments it reaches a critical point and searing hot winds begin to whirl around him. These winds burn and slice through anyone and anything within it as it begins to encompass the entire canyon and several miles surrounding it. Nothing is spared, except for The Vestige and his companions.

• 1 month later...

Ronin watches the massing military and whistles. "I've seen bigger," he lied. "Ok this guys got some top of the line gear. The mooks are wearing Nemean Mk2 Flak vests damn things are week under the arm pits. If you engage in melee thats the sweet spot." He mercenary kept talking as he watched. "Man I thought those babies were still in testing. Ares heavy assault tanks coming up, looks like the didn't armor the generator for the main laser turret, take that out and the thing goes sky high. Ok Artemis attack choppers the chassis is structurally vulnerable on the underside." He leaned back. "Gentlemen start your shooting."

• 2 weeks later...

GM ONLY POST

The choppers broke off from their attack formation to engage their targets. The one on the right veered off course to engage the flying demon. It performed a text book circle strafe maneuver as it unloaded with its Gatling gun. The other two choppers increased their speed to close the distance between them and the assailants on foot. Once they were within range, then let loose with their own Gatling guns, tearing up the ground around Knievel and Ronin.

The demon bobbed and weaved out of the gunfire from the one helicopter, but rather than attack it, he ignored it in favor of one of the two that were going after his associates.

Gotta keep those boys covered; they're my best shot at surviving this!

"Stay on the ground where you belong, mortals!" it roared as it unleashed a bolt of dark hellfire.

GM ONLY POST

The chopper manages to barely avoid the streak of hellfire that blows past its nose. They're more maneuverable than they look. In fact, they're more maneuverable than they should be. A standard helicopter shouldn't have been able to avoid that attack at such a close distance.