As soon as the others arrived and sprung into action Phalanx shot into the air untill he had a clear view of the cultists. With no way of knowing who was in charge it seemed the best option to try and take them all down before they could cause more trouble. Hopefully that would break the spell on the civilians below as well.

Summoning all his strength he slammed his hands together sending a wave od supercompressed air towards the vile cult and their ritual.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The shock-wave slammed down, rocking the platform and sending dust and loose pieces flying but the landing held. As before though, there seemed to be some kind of field that softened the blow around the landing. The cultists, despite that, were not unscathed. The one who'd been previous injured was bounced right off the landing and bounced down several stairs. One figure alone never even moved from his spot on the symbol though the rest were moved, some more than others. Three staggered back a step, forcing themselves to withstand the shock-wave. 5 others were knocked over and skidding a few feet as they tried to stand groggily, obviously disoriented. The others were knocked over but righted themselves with a groan. One figure, cried out in a panicked voice, "Quickly you fools! We're loosing control!"

Erin came down from her flying leap, her shoes landing with a soft thud against the concrete. As soon as she straightened, she saw the horde of possessed parkgoers shambling towards them. Her face went pure white, and for a moment she had to look back to her friends to make sure they were still there. "Alex," she said urgently, "don't let them get close to me. I might do something bad." People were one thing, people she was getting better at, but these particular people looked and acted much too familiar.

Alex floated up to hover in mid air where she had a good eye on Erin as well as the rest of the fight. Fortunately, all she really need to be able to do was see her targets. She smiled reassuringly at Erin and simply nodded. "Don't worry, Erin. I've got you. Everything's going to be okay."

After centering herself, Erin felt the vaguely familiar sensation of emotions flowing off of Alex. Unlike the last time, however, this was a very deliberate sharing of what seemed to be an endless ocean of calming emotions. Alex went a little further this time, as Erin had quite deliberately asked for this help, and she focused the emotion just at Erin, taking over the regulation of her flight or fight responses and dialing them back to something more manageable.

A series of images flashed before Eddie's eyes. "Woh! Ahh! ... Ughh...!" He simply floated in the air for a few seconds dazed by what had just been forced upon his senses. It had felt good... But nasty all at the same time.

"Quit screwin' with my head!" He flew towards the assembled men in robes and hovered about 10 feet above their heads. Just out of arms reach. He prepared what would be a dive-bomb attack.

James shrugged, having been left out of Edge's directions. Just meant he could do as he please, which was fine by him. He could fry the shambling group, they were just people after all. But maybe he could wake them up or something with Mike messing up the cultists like that. He vanished from sight after a frown. A moment later, the various sprays from the waterpark, the slides, wave machines and water jets, all slowly started to activate...

Some of the color came back into Erin's face as Alex passed along her emotional stability. Deliberately turning away from the oncoming crowd, she grabbed the bench and the other trash can that had stood beside it, ripping them from their moorings as she leapt into the sky. At the apex of her leap, she threw first one, then the other at the cluster of figures, each with the precision of a bullet flying from a gun. The fight had to be over before whatever Alex was doing wore off, she knew, but at least for now, the idea didn't bother her. She touched back down near Geckoman, looking up at the tower for changes.

The first object flew through the air like a cannon shot. The cloaked figure never saw it coming and never knew what had happened. In a second, the figure was lying prone, knocked unconscious. The second impromptu missile soared into into the standing figure. But this one was made of much sterner stuff. There was a male gasp of pain but it didn't seem to do much beyond rock the man forward before he returned to his task.

The water park's water games and services began coming on long. But for some unknown reason, the wave machine went to full power instantly. The massive wave slammed into the horde of sleepy/zombie like people, sending most of them sliding away. When they came to a stop, sitting and laying all over, the blinked and looked stun, as if waking from a bizarre dream. The ones in the front barely got wet, and continued their shuffle forward...

Phalanx quickly took the one shouting at the others to be a leader and flew straight at him fist extended. As he grew cloaser he felt the overwhelming sensations flodd over him and briefly lost focus as he slammed into the leader at full speed. His focus was broken enough that he wasn't able to correct of slow and he continued to plow right through the odd sigil in the center of the landing obliterating it as he shattered the fiberglass flooring it was inscribed upon. He felt the sensations ebb but still struggled to clear his head as he floated just below the hole he had made.

• 2 weeks later...

"It's already starting to fade. I felt it go." Psyche replied to Chris. "I'm going to see if I can keep them all from panicking and get them moving outta here so no one gets hurt."

With that, she focused on firing off rapid mental directions to the humans that had been all zombiefied by whatever magic the cultists had been doing. To each, she projected directions on how to file out of the park orderly and safely, her mental voice a calm and solid feeling in their minds. Hopefully, words would be enough to get them moving as she really didn't want to end up having to steal control of their brains away again. That seemed wrong.

Breakdown continued to hover above the shattered platform and some of the KO'ed cult members. "Um...Guys?" He said uneasily. "We have a problem. The ritual has been pretty well disrupted. But it only looks like the power in this glyph is getting stronger. I don't think I can stop it! We have to do something fast, or we're about to find out first hand what these guys were up to!"

James appeared back at the entrance to the water park after having restarted the water pumps. He looked around and focused on the emminations coming from the ruined levels. He blinked as he actually recognized what it was. He quickly velled out to the others. "Psyche! It's all the pleasure and joy...It's like concetrated ecstasy! Do the opposite and make everyone depressed or angry; otherwise we're gonna have a damn odd fight. And DON'T TOUCH!"

As James yelled, there was a ripple from the ruined platform. The symbols vanished and the most beautiful of figures appeared. The briefest glance sent ripples of pleasure through anyone. Bespite the pleasure and the beauty, it was cold and heartless. Empty. But captivating nonetheless... "Oh, my little lovelies. Just bubbling with feelings, come here for a moment..."

No sooner had Erin felt the effects of Psyche's calming presence start to fade from her mind than she was attacked by another psychic force! This one had a very different feel to it, pleasant and entirely unfriendly at the same time. She mustered the adrenaline that had gathered when she saw the zombiefied people, and put it and everything she had into resisting the force trying to invade her mind. It receded, at least for the moment, but it didn't seem like all her teammates might have been so lucky.

Looking up at the glowy thing that had just appeared from the ruins of the slide landing, Erin grabbed the only thing left from the little relaxation island she'd just denuded, the tall fake palm tree that had shaded the bench. Real palm trees probably didn't do so well in Freedom City weather, but this one came up and out of the ground relatively easily. Leaping straight into the air once more, she hurled the tree, trunk first, right towards the torso of the creature that had just appeared.

Edge felt foul, loathsome impulses pulling at his mind, pushing them aside only through sheer force of will. I'm better than that. I'm a SUPERHERO! He concentrated on the monster Erin had just hit, focusing his gaze directly on where the tree had struck it. Come on! he thought, Surely it hit harder than that!. At the same time, he fired a shot right at the face of the...thing up there. "Here's my friend the laser blaster!" he called

The demons rocked back a little as the 'tree' slammed into it. It seemed to do little damage or it wasn't concerned. It reached for the helpless Breakdown who was completely entranced and intending to drain the little hero of his life's essence. Edge's blast actually missed where he aimed...instead it hit in the same place where the tree had connected. Unbeknown to all, there were still multiple shards stuck into the demon. Somehow the blaster forced the pieces through the creature's chest. It paused, hand extended towards and only inches from Breakdown. It looked down and a look of shock came over it's face, just before it exploded in wispy black smoke. Immediately, the 'presence' they felt was gone. Besides a few fleeing and powerless cultists, the park was safe once more.

"Yea...I'm...Yea..." Breakdown was barely able to form words. He was still struggling to get over the nasty feeling that creature had given him. "Ewww...Remind me not to go fighting things that screw with your brains."

He turned to see Mike standing defensively in front of him. "Thanks for the save, man. Even though it looks like Edge took care of the thing."