• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"As I have said before it doesn't matter how well I know that no one is gonna hit its still squicks me out." Mike replied matter of factly, There really was no reason for him to be concerned as really when it came down to it his head was likely harder than any of the cross bars. He was going to further explain his point but instead opted for the much more mature route of sticking his toungue out at the both of them.

They managed to get through the line quickly and Mike settled into the car and gently pulled the harness down over his head locking it into place.

He shrugged. "That happened, sure. But there's just as many, more even, who use their powers in conjunction with their jobs/life/whatever and it works out rather well. It's all how you play it out. But playing without powers and then doubling it with a secret hero thing? Seems like you're asking for trouble to me. Just change your id entirely. Keep that personal family life secret instead of mixing." He moved up the line, almost to the front finally. This wasn't a worry he had. His family was already famous and they didn't particularly like each other anyway.

"That doesn't make any sense." Eddie shrugged "That would be the life that is harder to keep a secret. There's birth certificates, credit cards, bank accounts, all sorts of things. Wouldn't it be easier just to not use my powers? Besides. A dynamite singer like me can make it anywhere!"

In a spirit of fair teasing, Erin nudged Alex up against the "You must be this tall to ride" yardstick as though unsure she'd be allowed, but all of them managed to get into their harnesses without any trouble. Erin swung her feet idly in the air as she waited for the ride to start. "If we get stuck upside down a hundred feet in the air, I'm nominating Flyboy to unhitch himself and get us all out," she said to no one in particular. "That'd be a heck of a news clip."

"Ooooh, yeah!" Alex enthused as she was strapped into the coaster. "Specially if they caught him ripping the bars open on his chest like he was doing that fast-change thing. But outta a roller coaster."

Alex pantomimed the gesture with her hands over the bars before she added, "But if we get stuck upside down for too long, I really will barf."

After that small announcement, she flung her arms up in the air and spent the entire ride whooping and shrieking like an absolute child. Alex had forgotten how much she enjoyed the amusement park.

"I think the hamming it up for the cameras is Marks gig." Mike said with a small laugh.

and then they were off being whipped about track with nary a decapitation to be found. Not the most thrilling ride in Mikes opinion but he was notoriously hard to please so kept his mouth shut as they disembarked.

Once they had gathered out of the way of the other passengers he asked, "So food?" realizing too late he had left himself open for the inevitable jokes about his appetite.

The roller coaster wasn't as much fun as the tilt-a-whirl in Erin's opinion, though that might have been because she'd recently spent a month deliberately jumping off buildings to learn how to land. The steep drops with her stomach in her throat weren't quite as novel anymore. Still, it was fast, and she didn't have to steer or worry about placing her feet, and that was fun. "A food break works," she said as they disembarked. "There's that retail pavilion thing at the back of the park, I want to look at the shops there while you're getting cotton candy. Then maybe we should try and hook back up with James. It's his party, after all."

James shrugged. "I meant a new identity. Build from the ground up. It's not like it's hard to set up with the right connections you know." The ride finally boarded, everyone being clipped into their harnesses and the bars lowered on them, doubly securing them. Within moments, the riders where being whipped up and around. Rides certainly weren't the same when you lost your fear and knew you were safe. Didn't mean he couldn't enjoy himself of course. Eyes closed, a half-grin on his face and hands raised, James was doing his best to do so.

"Sounds like a plan." Mike replied as the group turned towards the retail pavilion.

It was a relitively short walk and took them little enough time to reach the pavilion. As they split off to get overpriced greasy food Mike turned back to ask Erin, "You want anything?" Mike was eyeing a funnel-cake stand but thought it only polite to offer to grab Erin something while she was shopping.

"I'm good," Erin told Mike, "I don't want to get food gunk on anything I buy. I'll be just a few minutes." She ducked into the row of shops lining the food area and began a quick perusal of what was on offer. They had swimsuits for the waterpark, and though she choked a little at the price, it would be nice to pick up something better-fitting and more flattering than the suit she'd borrowed at Alex's party. Shopping took a bit longer than she thought, even when she passed up the cuter stuff and the accessories and concentrated on clearance items, but by the time she'd finished, she had all but cleared out her card and gotten two more bags of goodies to somehow shove into her locker.

Rejoining the others, she dug around in her bag and pulled out the earrings she'd gotten, peeling off the tape backing and putting them on right away. They were little penguins, and since they were Christmas stuff. they'd been cheap. "Any luck on finding James?" she asked Alex.

"Well actually..." Eddie quickly dug out his wallet after they were off the ride. "I've already got a start on something like that." He handed James a professionally made Fake ID that stated that he was 21. "I might just be able to expand this thing and build a whole new Identity out of it." He pointed to the ID for a second. "Not sure if I like the name Jack, though."

Mike assuaged his need for funnel cake and solved Alexs dilemma by agreeing to finish the other half of either or both. He glanced around and it looked like Erin was still shopping so he hit up the cart once more for a Lemon Ice before while Alex began her search, not that it woudl take long he knew.

Indicating Erins bags as she rejoined them he said, "Looks like you got good haul." then turned an expectant eye to Alex for directions to James or the others.

He say the id and burst out laughing. "A fake ID? I was thinking something a bit more...comprehensive," he chuckled as they got off the ride. "But sure, I suppose it's a start." He kept grinning, amused. "Come on you mastermind! Let's find the others and get some food."

"Well yea." Eddie said while stuffing his wallet back into a pocket "That's just a start like you said. I still have contact with the guy who made this. I could just as easily have him draw up birth certificates and stuff."

"Yea sounds like a good idea. I was actually hoping that Alex would contact us after some point."

Heaing Mike's remark as he approached, Eddie chuckled. "Yea, we usually don't have chance meetings like this unless Mark is involved. This certainly seems like the type of time he would show up too." Eddie glanced around, half expecting to see the lucky friend of his pop out of thin air!

"No? Not coming? Huh!"

He turned back to the group. "So how are the rides and the shopping? Which did you guys all go on?"

"Hey guys!" Mark walked up behind Erin and Alex with a big smile, waving as he approached. "I had a feeling I'd find you here now." Spontaneously, he put his arm around Alex and bent down to peck her on the cheek. "Must be my lucky day." He had a coney dog in hand covered in chili and bacon, but he was deft about keeping it away from Alex's clothes, and wore the same Comets jersey he'd briefly worn on their visit to the baseball game. "Did I miss much?

Erin raised an eyebrow at Mark's enthusiastic greeting to Alex, unable to help but sneak a glance over at Mike to see what he thought of that. Had to be an interesting situation, with those two being roommates and all. "There's still plenty of time for more rides," she told Mark, "we've just been getting warmed up. But Alex pukes on the fast ones, so be careful," she added with a quick grin.

Alex blushed and laughed as she tilted her cheek up to Mark, in equal parts from the show of affection as the insinuation that she was dangerous on rides. She protested, "That was, like, six years ago and it was from having an inner-ear thing."

She switched the funnel cake remains to her other hand and licked the sugar from her fingertips, "I vote for the free-fall. Has anyone been on that yet?"

Mike shifted uncomfortably at the signs of affection Mark and Alex shared glancing away as if there were suddenly fascinating things happening somewhere else. He wasn't realy sure how to react to public displays like that and didn't want to seem to stare.

"Heya Mark," He said with a slight wave.

At Alexs suggetion Mike shot her a slight dirty look for just a second but resolved to prove that his autonomous control of his flight was much better now, besides he did kinda deservi it for telling everyone about her tilt-a-whirl issues. "Free-fall sounds good to me he said." almost challengingly.

"I went on the free-fall for my thirteenth birthday; it's great. We'll have a great time on that," promised Mark with a smile, sitting down and holding Alex's hand. He grinned. "The Captain Thunder Tower of Power is the tallest free-fall on the East Coast, so it can be pretty scary if you're afraid of heights. Good thing we're all tough around here." He laughed.

"We tried to go on it when we were ten but, uhm, it stopped working," Alex said, her eyes twinkling with amusement. "So this will be my first time on it. It looks like fun though!"

Alex nibbled on the last pieces of the fried pastry, finishing it while her friends talked.