Mike vigorously shook his head, "No way you two I'm not playing tie breaker, you're gonna have to fight it out." He said with a small laugh.

Glancing at the map he nodded saying, "I do have to agree that the tilt-a-whirl should go before food, We don't want a repeat of when we were ten." Mike was probably never going to let Alex off the hook on that one.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James shrugged. "Think the girls and Mike are off shopping. Let's leave them to it and get going. It isn't like we're not gonna meet up with them at some point. The park isn't that big." He turned and headed off to the newest of the coasters. "Roller coasters work fine for me. A couple good runs through the goods ones. Then maybe a Freefall or two?"

"Oh yea. That sounds awesome!" Eddie jogged to keep up with James for a second as he had left without Eddie expecting him too.

Eddie made a mental note to not listen to any jazz music while on the roller coasters so as not to accidentally slip out of the harnesses. "So which 'coaster is your favorite?"

"Naa, man." Eddie shrugged as they walked towards the nearest steel behemoth. "I haven't been in town long enough to come to this place. I'm not much of a park goer, though I do like the rides. I suppose I am partial to the smoother steel ride though." Eddie smiled with excitement. "Which one do you want to go on first?"

Erin shrugged. "Tilt-a-whirl it is, then," she agreed, securing the locker key around her wrist with the attached plastic band. "I call not-middle right now, though. Then maybe a coaster, then we can hit the shops at the back of the park and get some food." She consulted the map again, then shoved it back into her pocket and headed off along the path. "And no puking!"

"First time huh? Well, we'll hit 'em all I guess. Doesn't matter much to me. I've done them all in abundance." He walked along the paved bath, entertainment all around. "I'm not exactly a major park goer either. But it sure as heck beat Math class or a Grammar lesson." He got to the intersection and pointed. "Pick whatever ya want."

"Heh, that's for damn sure." Eddie replied, trotting along next to James. "I'm going to have to try that one day." Eddie considered what it would take to play hookey successfully.

"I dunno. I just always think that there's gonna be something you don't want to miss." Eddie shrugged "It's not that I adore school, it's just that I'm to lazy to play catch up on my own time!"

He continued laughing at the conversation and looked up to the side. "Hey how about that one?" he pointed

"Sure, I'l take the middle," Alex said cheerfully, skipping ahead just in time to catch Mike's pointed gesturing. She spun and thumped him on the shoulder with the plastic water bottle, laughing, "Michael Allen Harris! I had an inner ear thing. And I've already appologized for your shoes like a dozen times. A gentleman would let it go, y'know!"

Erin was a little surprised that the bottle didn't break on Mike's tough skin, but then, Alex couldn't hit very hard. She listened but didn't respond to the byplay that a lifetime of shared history made so easy for both her companions. It was hard to know how to interject anything to that. Fortunately, the tilt-a-whirl wasn't far away, and it provided a distraction for everyone. The line wasn't very long, with most people more interested in roller coasters than in whirling along on the ground. Erin scouted the cars as they waited, looking for the ones that spun a bit faster than others.

When she'd picked her car and they finally got onto the platform, she made a beeline for it, waving Alex and Mike over. "You take the inside edge," she told Mike, "Alex in the middle, and I'll be on the outside. And if you puke," she reminded Alex, "aim for him. He has way more clothes to spare."

Mike laughed off the blow, "Hey Erin deserves fair warning right?" he said.

He followed the ladies to the tilt-a-whirl and was happy to do as Erin suggested they should manage quite the speed with the wieght distribution suggested. "Hey now." He said to Erin, "You have another outfit here at least." Deciding discretion was the better part of valor he left out that wearing the outher outfit might make a nice present for James.

James just grinned. "Who cares? I never really cared about the stuff I blew off. It was just another lesson. I was pretty much home schooled all the time before coming here". He shrugged. "So blowing stuff off was harder but certainly more fun".

He nodded. "Sure," he said and headed for the line.

Erin hung onto the bar as the ride began to move, leaning sideways as their pod began to rotate slowly. The rock music that played along with the ride didn't cover up the growl of the motor as it sped up the rotating tray, sending them whipping and whirling around on the round platform. Erin laughed as the speed blew her hair into her face, surrendering to the velocity and momentum of the ride.

She closed her eyes, and for a second she was thirteen years old again, and the smell of the ocean that underlaid the scents of fair food was the Pacific, not the Atlantic. The King County Fair was always the last hurrah before a new school year started, and she and her father and Megan would go on all the rides... Erin opened her eyes. That was a memory for later, one to hang onto. For now, she yelled with excitement along with everyone else as the whole world spun around.

Eddie shrugged. He preferred not to think about the future. The present was much more enjoyable. Although..."I assume your talking about after we graduate, right? Yea I do have plans. We at least a semblance of one." Eddie cracked his trademarked enormous smile. "I'm gonna be a rock star!"

James shrugged. "Good luck with that. With yer powers, I'm sure you could pull it off. Fame and all that ain't all it's cracked up to be though. Sure, ya can get the money and the girls and all that..." He grinned. "But I've pretty much got that now."

"You DOG, you!" Eddie gave James a playful push. "Girls and fame aren't all I am after. I've really come to like this hero business. I'm guessing I'll have to moonlight. It's gonna make going on tour kind of hard, but you know how the life of a rock star is. Never a dull moment." Eddie looked at something off in the distance. "And just for the record. I'm not going to be relying on my powers to boost me to stardom. It's going to be grade A me." He smiled at the thought of doing something with his life without the advantages granted him by his powers.

Alex let out a whoop and threw her arms up in the air with absolute glee. Tilt-a-whirl was definately on the top ten best rides ever. Even if you did risk barfing on it. She laughed and had to clap a hand over her hat quickly to keep from losing it as the ride really started going. Once it was over, Alex was the first one to bounce off and start a wobbly walk to the exit. By the time she reached the gate, she was laughing at how dizzy she'd gotten which really only made her walking even more crooked. She stopped to lean on the bars and and suggest, "Now the roller coaster?"

James and Eddie didn't wait long in the short lines, able to go twice in row without more than a few minutes wait. Moving into the next line took a little longer but given the crowds were relatively thin to begin with, it wasn't bad at all. "Why not use your powers? You got 'em. They're part of who you are after all. Seems odd not to."

Mike lightly gripped the bar as the ride begane to move smiling at the clear joy his companions had in the ride. He wasn't sure what the thrill was himself but it was well worth it to see Alex and Erin enjoying themselves.

He stepped lightly off the ride offer a hand to each of the girls in turn and offering a steadying arm to the wobbly Alex. He was about to ask if she needed to sit for a moment when she suggested to roller coaster so instead shrugged and said, "Sure if you're up for it, no need to bable to walk straight to ride a coaster right?" He teased mildly then headed off in the direction of the nearest coaster matching his strides to Alexs speed. "This one ok with you Erin?" He asked, not having a preferance himself.

Erin hopped out of the car while Mike was giving Alex a hand, ignoring or not seeing his offer of assistance. She didn't need it anyway, the ride had been entertaining, but she wasn't dizzy afterwards. That was almost disappointing, since watching the world spin around afterwards was part of the fun, but the idea that she could theoretically ride the Tilt-a-Whirl indefinitely was sort of interesting. "Roller coasters don't take a lot of walking," she agreed, heading back down to the path with them. "Though we could always stop at another shop so you can see if they sell theme helmets for the low places," she offered to Mike in a helpful tone.

"Well two reasons actually. The first is because I am supposed to be more careful with where I use my powers. I have a lot of friends, and when you throw my parents into the mix its a classic problem of my enemies hurting the ones I love etc." Eddie mused for a moment as they shuffled forward in line. "The second reason is a little stranger. You know a few years back when a bunch of artists were caught lip syncing and everyone hated them for it? It's kind of like that. If I use my powers to give me some sort of advantage like that, and someone finds out... My career could be over like that!" Eddie snapped his fingers.