The 2009 State of the Site Address

On October 24th, 2007, Endless Flight started the Freedom City Play-by-Post board.

About three and a half months later, on February 8th, 2008, I joined the site. About five and a half months after that, on July 29th, 2008, following the [redacted] and then the [redacted], ownership & Admin-ship of the site was transferred to me.

(Muah hah hah hah hah!)

Some Numbers:

Total Members (who have made at least 1 post): 158

Current Active Characters: ~40

Current Active Refs: 6

Average Posts Per Day: 68

Average Topics/Threads Per Day: 3

I would like to think that, on balance, FC PbP has been a fun place for all involved. I fully intend to continue keeping this site chugging along for the foreseeable future; we've told a lot of good stories, and there are still many more left to tell.

I have no changes in mind for the site, except in trying to keep a better eye on things, making sure characters and adventures fit the overall mood/theme/tone of the board (More Silver, Less Iron). Some things have slipped through that ought not have, and the Refs are going to try and be better about that. We do still have plans for several Big Adventures, which we're still working on figuring out how to implement; some recent Big Things (the Massive Explosion in Riverside, the Trial of Captain Knievel, and the big multi-part adventure Avenger's been running) are showing us how (and how not) to best do these.

However, if there is something you would like to see done differently -- a new house Rules or an existing House Rules changed or tossed, or something added to the campaign setting (like the Arena we made for villains to hang out in/wail on each other, or the Non-Canon forum) -- please let us know!

Thanks for being such great players, and making this such a fun place to run :)