Shadow Academy

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This site is a little Villain light. It's gonna be hard to really fill the roster, unless someone archives a character and starts one for the specific purpose of joining the academy. I've only been playing my PL6 for a week or so now and I'm already a little too attached to him, so maybe we should go on a sort of recruiting mission? Find some people we know (on the net or otherwise) who might be interested in giving it a shot. If we can do that it helps the site in two ways. One: getting the Shadow Academy off the ground and Two: bolstering our numbers.

We might also consider getting in contact with old players, those with archived characters who really got the site but now have either moved on or lost touch. We could see if they would be willing to come back.

All that being said, if things really don't go as planned and we can't find more students, I'd be willing to archive my PL6 and stat up a new one as soon as the little story arc I have going with quote is over. We should give it more time, but this idea is, in my opinion, way to cool to be lost.

I know a few people who I might be able to convince to return to the site (Sugarrush & Master Pelle). Both of whom have played low-pl Villains here (Super-Thug and Psi) so they might be interested in joining the Shadow Academy.

Other than that I am currently helping Bendegeidfran with a character named Balthazar, who can be described as a thinky and tough guy, made of metal.

I could also volunteer Exile for some kind of teaching post, being one of the most knowledgeable mystics around (in the same league as all the other Master Mage class ones) he could probably teach something pertaining to that area of expertise. And keep an eye on some of the future "competition"; he's in for the long haul after all.

Okay, I'm just going to toss this idea out into the void here.

What if we expand the Shadow Academy? Like it's not just for kids anymore. Like, any villain could conceivably show up and be taught. The established villains are like "upper classmen" or something. There's some Shadow-y (*PUN*) Organization running the whole thing for purposes yet unknown. What is known however is that if you attend the Academy, your superiors have a favor they can call in at any time, along with other stipulations. Maybe they call them all in at once and we have one of those Big Adventure Threads. But in the mean time it's a safe haven for villains. Some of the people are students as well as teachers. Malice for instance might teach a weaponology class, but be a student in Hand to Hand training. Rest, recover, scheme, plan team ups, and most importantly of all, learn.

Thoughts?

The Shadow Academy is about taking in young Metahumans (or even young powerless-but-determined Batman-types) and molding them to be the next generation of supervillains, the same way Claremont takes in young Metahumans to train them to be the next generation of superheroes.

I see no reason that they wouldn't be interested in hiring adult supervillains to help teach. Claremont does have some Metahumans on staff (including at least one PC here!), so that'd still be balanced.

Well depending on how the refs feel about it, I'd be willing to do some Free Rp. That is to say create an NPC for the shadow academy and play him there, without the standard rewards for being a PC. It would at least flesh out the class a little, and I could make him a full PC once I have a free lot.

But it's up to the refs, It's just an Idea ;)