Caught by surprise Mike hit the water with a resounding splash his bulk throwing water high in the air, then he shot out of the water and several feet into the air as he reflexively tried to 'catch' himself. He considered flying over to change into his suit but already soaking wet decided to instead shuck his shirt and jacket tossing them onto the pool deck and revealing the bodybuilder like physique he normally kept hidden away. Despite his rare at best exposure to the sun his skin was a rich bronze as if he tanned regularly.

After wipeing the stray hair form his face he dropped back into the pool still wearing his pants and proceeded to give James the thorough revenge dunking he deserved but with a friendly smile none the less.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eddie surfaced spitting water as he did so. "Yea well some of us weren't really given the choice!"

As James surfaced, he bonked him on the head. "Thanks for that you schmuck! At least I got you back!" he began treading water in the deep end and swiveled to face Erin. "Come on in, the water's fine!"

"What with the spandex uniforms, a girl's gotta keep in shape somehow," she teased Mark back with what could definately have been a flirty smile, "Better 'luck' next time, I'm sure."

With that, she grinned and followed after Eddie to go nag Erin into joining the kids, "Come on in, Erin. If there's a dunking contest started, I wanna be on your team. Looks like the boys are already starting."

Since it seemed easier that ignoring Eddie and more polite than arguing with the birthday girl, Erin slid off the ledge and into the pool. "I'm staying away from the dunking," she told Alex with a grin. "It's been too long since I went swimming at all. And if they don't knock it off, someone's going to get pantsed and we'll all see more than we want to."

James might have surfaced right away but between Mike and Eddie, he was playfully resunk a number of times. "Gah! Heh, come on! That was funny!" He laughed. "I could use some help here," as he paddled away from the other two, splashing in return.

"Hey, I wanna be on Erin's team too!" said Mark, grinning as Erin joined them in the pool. "The only way I'd win a ducking contest against you," he added to Erin, "is if I was suddenly as slippery as Eddie on jazz." He stood close to Alex in a companionable way, a very friendly presence right next to her in the water. Smiling over at Alex, he went on to say, "You do a pretty good job, too. I'm always glad to have you on my team..." He leaned very close, and added, "I think we can take them by surprise. You ready?"

Alex slanted Mark an amused glance, she gave Erin a quick wink over her shoulder so that her roommate was in on the game. Alex knew how little she liked surprises so she wouldn't dream of including Erin in the impending 'attack'.

She caught Mark's hand under the water in order to include him in the blank space she projected, vanishing the two of them to all normal senses while the other boys were rough housing, a trick she hadn't demonstrated before although Mike would know of the ability.

"Woah!" Eddie paused with one hand on top of Jame's shoulder and the other on top of his head, about to dunk him. "Where did they just go?"

Eddie released James and started spinning in circles as he tread water. "I don't see them anywhere!"

Wait don't tell me. After the way Mike was acting earlier? Did he pull some kind of trick to get some alone time with Alex? He totally pulled a fast one on me! That sly devil!

Invisibly, Mark thought about who to dunk. He considered Eddie, but despite the boy's earlier teasing it seemed a little unfair to jump him while he was away from his iPods. Chris would probably smell him coming. As for Mike or Erin, well, they were both a lot stronger than he was, and Erin was at least theoretically on his team. (Plus, she'd probably rip out his spleen.) So that left James as Mark's target as he crept around in the pool, creeping up like the shark on Jaws just before he pounced!

James looked around slowly as Alex and Mark disappeared. "Cheater cheater..." he said to himself. He approved heartily of course, whether it was for the two to sneak off for some necking or just to get the drop on the rest of the students. Following the rules just made things harder. This was more fun anyway.

He had no idea where the two went...the next thing he knew someone slammed into him, sinking him yet again! He reached out underway, reaching for his dunker, missing once latching on at last! He yanked, bringing his invisible offender down under the water with him! He wasn't letting go; not of an invisible dunking combatant!

Mike was relitively unsurprised at her pounce, once Mark had tackled James he was fairly certain what Alex would do it was an exchange they had had many times over the years after all.

Now knowing she was going to jump on his shoulders and knowing when however were two very different things. He was still watching the other boys splashing about when she hoisted herself out of the water in her attempt to dunk him. As she tried valiently to move him Mike laughed quietly to himself, "Oh dear I think I'm losing my footing." He said his voice dripping with his favored deadpan sarcasm.

A broad smile spread across his face then and he flung one arm up and over Alex pinning he rto his shoulder and dropped back into the water letting his weight and utter lack of buoancy sink them quickly to the bottom. He settled there for a moment before gathering the slight young lady into his arms in a cradle carry and standing pulling them up out of the water once more. "Never gonna learn are you." He whispered in her ear with a low laugh.

Erin swam over to the shallow end to keep out of the way of all the rowdy antics, and to avoid anyone trying to dunk her. She wasn't a particularly graceful swimmer, but she cut through the water very quickly. From the relative safety of four feet of water, she laughed at the ridiculous spectacle of Alex attempting to dunk the mountain of Mike, and Mark and James managing to dunk each other. "Are we going to need a lifeguard here?" she called over to them.

Alex came up sputtering and laughing as she slicked her hair out of her face. She held on to Mike's neck and grinned at him.

"I'll get you next time, Gadget. So are you going to toss me, or what? Go high. No wimpy tosses," she instructed him, her eyes twinkling.

Mike cocked an eybrow at his diminuative friend, "High? Ok you asked for it." he said with a grin.

Then with a quick flex of his arms she was airborn. It took only a fraction of his strength to send Alex sailing nearly ten feet in the air over the deep end though he had been kind enough at least to send her up in an even arc rather than tumbling head over heels. He was glad the other boys were all so involved with their own antics that there was still plenty of room in the deep water without risk of her hitting someone.

Dang it, I can't do this alone! Edge dealt with the double-teaming by diving deep under the water, letting James and Eddie go after each other while he swam with quick, powerful strokes over to the deep end of the pool. He just missed taking an Alex upside the head, instead bobbing to the surface just as she came up after her hard landing. He was soaked now, of course, water running down his shoulders as he floated next to her. "Nice landing! I think they've got us outnumbered!" he told her with a laugh. "We need a new strategy!"

It became a pile up rather quickly under the water. And since they were cheating anyway, he extricated himself the fastest way possible. And might as well get some fun out of this too...

From underwater, there was a pause and he suddenly vanished. He appeared ten feet up or so, right in between where Alex and Mark bobbed and where Erin sat quietly by the edge. "CANNONBALL," he yelled as he appeared. He splashed down into the water, spraying both the duo and the single liberally. He bobbed back to the surface, grinning, but not too close to the edge. He wanted Erin to loosen up and have fun. But he wasn't going to get so close that he might decide to try and pummel him out of reflex or something.

Erin sputtered, wiping her face with her hands and spitting out the water that the cannonball had splashed up onto her. She ducked backwards into the water, wetting her hair evenly and slicking it back from her face. "You are an infant," she told James with mock-annoyance when she surfaced. "And you're lucky you didn't bruise your butt on the bottom of the shallow end." She waded over to the stairs and picked up a striped beach ball, tossing it like a volleyball and batting it towards the deep end of the pool.

That certainly sounds like a better game than dunking people. Eddie thought to himself, as it turned out he was no good at the first one. "Powers don't count!" He called out and began swimming to get to where the ball looked like it would land before anyone else could.

Alex let out shriek and bobbed under the water as James dove in. She came up sputtering and laughing as she treaded water towards Mark. "Looks like they've changed the game on you."

She wasn't about to race the boys for the ball. Instead she went to hold onto the wall and laugh at her friends' antics, before pulling out to sit on the edge with her legs dangling in the water.

He laughed heartily at Erin. "Sometimes! It can be fun too!" He swam over to participate in the new game since the dunk of, well him mainly, had finally ended. "No powers? Well, not innate ones anyway. Sure. We'll see how long that last for someone to break that one." He looked over at the others on the side or not involved. "Come on you lot. It's like volleyball. Sort of. No dunking or rough housing."

Erin batted the ball back when it came in her direction, but wasn't interested in bumping it off her nose or spiking it into the water. She dug into the plastic basket of toys that was sitting by the pool, tossing the floatable toys into the water. A trio of foam balls, a rubber duck, a swim ring, a dive flag for snorkeling, and some other odds and ends went into the water. When the shallow end was lousy with toys, she picked up the basket itself and pulled it into the pool, holding it up to invite someone to make a basket with the beach ball.

Edge scooped up the basketball and tossed it perfectly, nearly leaping out of the water to sink a perfect landing into the basket Erin was holding up! "Three points!" he called with a laugh. "Guess this is my lucky day after all!" Feeling a little peckish now, he hauled himself out of the water, his athletic shorts clinging tightly, as he headed over to the snack table to grab a plate of nachos.