• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Were you secretly a boy scout at one point or something?" Eddie nudged Mark as he accepted the flashlight from him. When it was finally his turn to descended into the darkness, he floated down through the hole. Turning his flashlight on as he did so.

"I feel like I'm in an Indiana Jones movie or something. This is kinda creepy."

Flashlight in hand Mike began making his way down the narrow passageway, Mrs. Albright had been a hero true enough but she had been a Hero during the Moore act, when people like Archer and the rest of Force Ops were heroes. Non-lethality wasn't as assured as James indicated but Mike was confident he could get between his friend and danger in time if anything truely nasty came up.

As he proceeded eh called back over his shoulder to Mark and Alex, "So whats the map say next?"

James grinned at Chris but let the fire die out when Mark luckily happened to have a half dozen flashlights on him. Wierd, but given Mark's power, it was just something to be taken in stride. At Eddie's comment, James started humming the Indiana Jones theme as they moved down the passage.

He glanced over at Mike, grinning. "I doesn't say anything. It's a map. Paper doesn't talk. Usually. Duh." He grinned. "Unless we're watching that kid's cartoon. If so, I'm betting on the Grump Old Troll's bridge," he joked as they walked down the corridor. Mike was a ridiculously good person but needed to de-stress something fierce. Joking was good for the him.

"I think this is an old access tunnel. There's like a Y-intersection and we want to veer left at it. I think this goes for a ways, though." Alex called up from the back after breifly conferring with Mark on the little legend at the corner. The kids trooped down the corridors that weren't entirely even. In someplaces water had leaked in, leaving stagnant pools that had to be skirted on the ledges or floated over. Or tromped through for those that didn't mind a little bit of muck. It did, as Alex had stated, gone on for a few ways and the tunnels diverged a few times until it was anyone's guess what exactly they were under.

Eventually, a twist took them to a tunnel that seemed more carved out of rock than an old access tunnel. The ground was thick with grime and empty wall sconces were filled with a heavy layer of dust. From the back of the group Alex opinioned, "Creepy."

Eddie had been walking in front of Mark when he started to reminisce. "Yea, man," he said as he turned to face him, "I know how you feel!"

"Happy and Im smiling,

Walk a mile to drink your water.

You know Id love to love you,

And above you theres no other.

Well go walking out

While others shout of wars disaster.

Oh, we wont give in,

Lets go living in the past."

Breakdown projected the music even as he chuckled to himself and turned back around. I got a million of 'em

Mike looked over to what Eddie had pointed out shining his flashlight as he tried to make out what his friend was pointing out.

After a moment of concentration his eyes flashed with a red-orange glow and he let out a startled gasp as his vision extended beyond the normal human spectrum, even piercing the solid stone of the cave wall.

Mike blinked in shock a few times, "Uhm guys? I can ahh, see through the wall," He glanced nervously to Alex then blushed furiously, "and stuff..." He murmured quietly, concentrating at not looking towards any of his friends for the moment.

James continued onward, walking side by side with Phalanx. There was nothing to fear down here as far as he was concerned and it was kind of cool exploring forgotten passages and hidden bases. He looked at the wall but, unsurprising, saw nothing unusal. At Mike's words, he glanced over, noting the blush. It wasn't exactly a huge leap to figure out what the issue was. The poor kid really needed to relax and get laid. De-stress something fierce. But given the huge crush the kid had, it wasn't likely. He leaned over a little, whisperign softly to Mike. "Relax dude. Focus on the task and you'll be fine." He would have probably just looked himself, but Mike was a lot more ...pure than James. In all honesty, James envied the other kid for various reasons. Not the least was the idea of love, whether or not Mike realized he was in love or not. James envied him for that one.

He shook the thoughts away and followed hsi own advice. "What's the map say? Anything there? I can just hop over to the other side of the door now that I know it's there if you like."

Through the wall, Mike could see the dusty and obviously in disuse corridors of what looked like a set straight out of Star Trek. It took no time to confirm to James that the traps were no longer active, at which point he was able to open the device from the inside. Inside was an absolutely huge base, covered in years of dust and disuse, the large computer banks powered down and the lights gone dark.

After a moment of silence, Alex announced, "We're going to need a lot of cleaning supplies."