Psyche

Introduction

Give a two or three word description of yourself.

precocious savant

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?

I told Michael when were seven that we already had super hero names. I now understand that the project code name for my file was Psyche but I still identify with it.

What is your full birth name?

Alexandra Leigh Albright

Where do you live?

I still live with both my parents in Hanover. At the moment, I'm enrolled in Claremont and live in a dorm there with my roommate, Erin.

Why do you live there?

Because at 15, I'm too young to sign the lease on an apartment? Actually, I liked living with my parents. We're pretty close. I'm currently living at Claremont because I'm enrolled there.

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?

Logic dictates that I put my formidible mind as my greatest strength. Without a doubt its certainly a defining charactaristic. Personally, I think my sense of wonder is more valuable to me.

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?

My often painful self-awareness. No teenage girl should be quite so aware of the opinions of her peers.

Physical Traits

How old are you?

16 this July!

What is your sex?

female

What is your race?

Caucasian American

How tall are you?

5'3"

How much do you weigh?

110 lbs

What is your general body type, frame, bone structure, and poise?

Slender, petite, awkward. I'm still all elbows and knees. I can never manage to hold myself in a way that looks elegant although I'm really glad that I'm past the clumsy stage.

What is your skin colour?

That bleached fish belly white that only redheads seem to have.

What is your hair colour?

Strawberry Blonde

What is your hair style?

Its long, I guess, and kind of wavey but I usually keep it in braids with a couple of barrets to hold back any loose strands

Do you have any facial hair?

No!

What is your eye colour?

My eyes are hazel.

How attractive are you?

I'm not. At least not conventionally. My mother says that I'll grow into my features, eventually. She has to say things like that though, as she loves me.

What is your most distinguishing feature?

My eyes, they're too large for my face. If they were a striking color, it might be better but as it is, I think I just look startled a lot.

Do you have any scars, tattoos, or birthmarks?

Well, no tattoos, certainly. My mom objects to even getting my ears pierced. I have a few freckles but nothing else.

What is your handedness (left/right/ambidextrous)?

I'm right handed.

Do you resemble some currently known person?

I resemble my mom mostly although she's blonde and, well, older.

What kind of clothing do you wear?

My clothes? I just wear comfortable things mostly. I don't feel comfortable showing a lot of skin and am well aware I use clothing to hide. I love bold, bright colors. I wear un fashionablly long skirts with stripey tights or straight leg jeans. I love chunky high collared sweaters or extra long sleeve shirts.

Do you wear makeup?

Does lip balm count?

What sort of vocal tone do you have?

I'm pretty much a chatter box. I react to feeling nervous by talking or laughing. For such a small person, I have a pretty big voice. I have excellent diction and would guess that I fall in the high range of the alto scale.

History

Where is your homeland?

My homeland? I'm an American citizen and was born in Freedom City. What a weird way to phrase that question.

Are you aware of its history?

I'd say that I am cognizant of the basics but lack the depth of study to truely say yes. For such a young country we have a rather complex history.

Are you patriotic or a social outcast?

This is some sort of control question to this entire questionare isn't it? I mean, does anyone ever answer this with one or the other? They're hardly exclusive concepts. In fact some of the greatest patriots.... what? Oh, just answer the question. Uhm, Social Patriot.

What are your opinion of home?

It's a nicely furnished three bedroom in a nice section of Hanover -- Oh, you mean Freedom City, USA? Its crowded. I don't think I can give you an unbiased answer as I really haven't experienced anywhere else.

Where is your home town?

Freedom City

Are your real reasons for becoming an adventurer different from what you tell others?

No, of course not. It is the best use of my skills in a way I can be certain that I approve of.

How far would you go to keep such secrets from being revealed? What would you do if the truth became known?

I really don't keep such secrets. I mean, of all people I kind of know just how easy it is to uncover the truth. I'm a pretty honest person. Painfully honest, Mike says

What do you fear would occur if the truth became known?

N/A

Do you have any particularly high or low ability scores?

I'm very smart. I figure things out rapidly and have what people incorrectly call a photographic memory.

How have these scores affected your life so far?

In every way, really. I was never a 'normal' child and, once it was known, I was educated in a special facility equiped to deal with us.

What about your race, growing up were you in the majority or a minority?

Majority

Did this impact your outlook in any way?

Well, of course it affected my perception of the world. We are made up of the sum of our experiences, after all.

How do you feel about other races?

I think the whole concept of race is a fascinting one. In a day and age where we see real aliens, we still obsess over skin color and common charactaristics. Race is entirely a social construct and while I find it a fascinating study, I prefer to take individuals and my interactions with them as unbiased as I can manage.

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?

Honestly, no. My folks are both alive and together. Mike was pretty torn up over our change in schooling but its never bothered me. Even at five, I was outstripping the lessons in conventional classes. Government testing allowed me to have more personalized instruction although I wish I didn't have such a complete record on file with them.

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.

Well, I always envied Mike the ability to fly and I used to make him show me over and over, convinced I could learn how it was done. After a few months of headaches, I eventually did manage to launch myself skywards before it promptly cut out and I skinned both my knees as I landed like a rock. I still can't fly as fast or as easily but I *can* fly. It proved to me that the boundries of what I can do are entirely defined only by the limits I place on them.

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?

Well, I used to get quite impatient when testing things. After learning how to fly there were more than a few times that Mike had to rescue me from myself as it still isn't an intuitive process for me. Nearly getting sucked into a jet engine I'd say is pretty dumb.

Which toys from your childhood have you kept?

Uhm, all of them? I mean, we donate things but my bedroom hasn't changed much in the last decade. I still have Moopy, my stuffed zebra on my bed and more than a few stuffed animals. I've probably kept every boardgame I've ever owned.

Why? What do they mean to you? If you didn't keep any, why not? What did you do to them all?

Because other than Mike, Moopy's been my best friend. And Moopy never makes uncomfortable sighing noises when I cry on him.

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?

I don't have any dark secrets that are mine. I am in possession of some really uncomfortable memories of others from my childhood. I know that the principal of my first school was unfaithful to his wife. I don't snoop around in peoples brains anymore but I didn't fully grasp the ethics at six.

Are you who you claim to be?

I'm just me, Alex. I don't have a secret alter ego. Just, you know, me.

Do you have any sort of criminal record?

Criminal records? No. Government file? Yes.

How do you view the heroes/legends of your country?

The heros of this country are impressive. Their actions alone are admirable but I do wonder what sort of people they are really.

Family

Who were your parents?

Rebecca and Victor Albright. My dad's the branch manager of a bank and my mom is a stay at home mom. They always wanted more kids but had trouble with it. My mom always called me her 'miracle'.

Were you raised by them? If not, then why didn't they and who did raise you?

Yes, I've been with my folks my whole life.

What was their standing in the community?

Well, dad's an upstanding business man and my mother's been involved with every neighborhood activity possible. No one's really aware outside the family that Mom used to be a sidekick, called Flightpath, in her wild college days.

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?

We've been in the same house my whole life.

How did you get along with their parents?

We don't have any contact with Mom's family. She broke it off with them the same time she hung up the mask and married dad. Nana and Poppa live up the block and I love them dearly. Poppa's the one who got me started on board games and we still set one sunday afternoon a month to try new ones.

How would your parents describe you? Answer this in the voice of your mother, then in your father's.

Mom: "She is so very special. What mother wouldn't want her daughter to have so much potential... she could be anything she sets her mind to. I just hope its nothing dangerous."

Dad: "Alex? She's a sweetheart. Becky keeps fretting about the physical dangers but I'm more worried about high school. My daughter is very special but we've always kept her sheltered. Maybe over-protected is the better term. But you would have done the samething when you had to comfort a two year old who has nightmares over the things she picked up from reading someones mind for God's sake."

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what were their names? How did you get along with each of your siblings?

I don't have any siblings. There were fertility issues with concieving just me. I think this is why my mom is a little over protective.

What was your birth position in the family?

Only child.

List all current knowledge of family locations, spouses, children, birth dates, schooling, and any important incidents that only you and they might remember.

Lets see, there's my mother and father, Rebecca and Victor Albright. Mom's birthday is June 17, 1967 and my Dad was born March 27, 1965. Nana was born on February 28, 1943 and Poppa was born December 8, 1941. We're not in touch with Mom's parents and she hasn't spoken to them since before I was born.

Family only things would probably have to do with my powers. There are Christmases that I knew what everything was going to be before I learned that the surprise was much better. I used to have terrible nightmares and ask all sorts of innapropriate questions. I also know that Mom thinks that she could only have one child because I was going to be so 'special needs'. That... still bothers me.

Do you stay in touch with them or have you become estranged?

Except for Mom's folks, we're all still close.

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?

I'm pretty close to Poppa. I hesitate to say that he's my favorite but I really value the time I spend with him.

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?

Mom's like a protective bear sometimes. She's really anti-super heroing but I know its out of concern for me not a dislike of super hero's in general. She keeps that part of her past really out of our lives. I know that she didn't have any super powers that wasn't related to pure training and that she used a bow but that's about it.

And then I'm close to Poppa, but not in a mentor or even a confidant way. He's always let me be just a kid and I really value that.

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)?

Not really. I suppose my mom's the black sheep of her family but I don't know more about that. In our family unit we're pretty tight.

If so, who are they and how did they "gain" the position?

N/A

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor?

Well, mom used to be Flightpath but she's never been famous. I googled her once, but there's not a lot of details on her hero work. She was a sidekick to someone else.

If so, what did this person do to become famous or infamous?

Mostly, she shot people with arrows.

Do you try to live up to the reputation of your ancestor, try to live it down, or ignore it?

I try to ignore it because of Mom's wishes but I'm pretty curious about it honestly.

Do you ever want to have a family of your own someday?

Oh, sure. In a decade or so, that's where I'd like my life to be.

Would anything change your mind on this issue and if so, what?

If it was simply to dangerous, I suppose, I'd abandon that for the greater good.

What type of person would be your ideal mate?

At the moment? He's a sort of sullen sixteen year old boy. I'm hopeful that in another eight years he might catch up to me emotionally. Maybe ten.

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, who and what are they like?

Besides the above mentioned Moopy, there's Mike. He's sixteen, older than I am by a few months. He's a sweetheart once you get past the sullen and stubborn outer shell. We share a psychic link that I established ages ago. He still thinks its something I just do but I haven't tried to correct him on it yet. Not worth it.

Then there are my friends at Claremont: Erin, my roommate, Mark, Eddie, James. They're good people all trying to deal with extrodinary gifts in their own ways.

What is the history of their relationship(s) with you?

Mike's been looking out for me since we were both old enough to walk. The whole 'incident that we don't discuss' started because of a toy that a bigger kid stole from me. We've been best friends for years and years. I have a crush on him but he's, you know, an oblivious teen boy.

Do you currently have a best friend whom you would protect with your reputation or your life?

Mike. My friends at Claremont are close seconds.

If so, who are they and what caused you to feel so close to them? What would have to happen for you to end this relationship?

We've just been friends for ages. It wasn't one big thing or anything. I can say I'm not looking forward to when he starts dating a string of attractive, yet simple, girls but its pretty much inevitable. Unless his personality changes completely, I feel I can safely say that there's nothing he could do that would cause me to end the relationship. Not to mention, severing that link would hurt a great deal.

Do you have any bitter enemies?

Not at the moment, but I am about to enter high school.

If so, who are they, what are they like, and what is the history of their feud with you?

N/A

Have you defeated them before?

N/A

How might these enemies seek to discomfit you in the future?

N/A

Which person(s) or group(s) are you most loyal to?

My family, Mike, 'Young Freedom', the side of truth and righteousness ?

Who is your most trusted ally?

Mike

Who do you trust, in general?

For a telepath, I'm pretty trusting of humanity in general. Not because I'm not aware of their failings but because I don't have the inflated expectations that most people do.

Who do you despise and why?

People that injure children and other truely helpless innocents.

Name seven things you hate in others.

Tampering with people's minds for petty reasons, cruelty, arrogance, misuse of power,cynicism, willful ignorance

Is your image consistent?

I think so.

Do you deliberately present yourself differently in different situations, and how?

Other than the desire I have not to be pelted with rotten fruit at my first day of highschool, I'm pretty consistent in how I present myself. I did deviate in my school supplies for this year out of some peer pressure but, also, an attempt to push the boundries of my comfort zone. That is what high school is about, in theory.

What would you die for?

The people I love, a noble enough cause

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?

That's tough. Honestly, my personal trials are pretty minor in the scheme of things.

What is your general reaction to an attractive member of the opposite sex who lets you know they are available?

First, this doesn't happen to me often. Second, it really depends on who this person in question is as its a very different response to sleezeball I don't know versus someone I like and could come to care about.

How do you get along with others of the same adventuring class?

What?

Have you lost any loves?

No. Haven't had any, either.

How did you handle the situation (short & long term)?

N/A

Who would miss you should you go missing?

Mike, teachers at Claremont, my friends, my folks

How close are you to your adventuring companions?

Pretty close. I try to look out for everyone.

What do they not know about you?

Not sure. A lot of times my youthful outlook gets mistaken for a being naive. It's hard to be a naive telepath, actually.

Are you a member of any house, guild, organization, or church? What is your level of involvement?

I go to school at Claremont. I'm in a super-team with my friends. That's about it.

Personality & Beliefs

Do you, or did you, have any role models?

My mom, more because of who she is than the whole super-hero thing.

Do you have any heroes or idols, either contemporary or from legend?

Not really.

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?

No.

When did you decide to become an adventurer?

Well, I decided on this as the most likely avenue to utilize my potential when I was seven.

Why have you chosen to risk your life as a career?

Because with great power comes great responsibility. Seriously, I could do a lot of things with my life but I am always going to have beyond human potential.

What do you expect to get out of being an adventurer? What, if anything, would make you stop adventuring?

Nothing more than a chance to use my powers to help people. If the risk to the people I love was too great, I suppose I'd try and find a different way to help.

Do you have any dreams or ambitions? If not, why?

I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my 'normal' life. What I want to grow up to be other than a hero. An FBI profiler, or maybe a psychologist.

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?

I'd like to have a date for prom. That'd be neat. Learn to drive a car and be able to do so, legally. Normal teeanage girl things for the most part.

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?

I'd like a family, and a job that allows me to use my mind and skills but gives me time to go do super-hero things and raise a family. Something where I can set my own hours. I'll probably still be doing superhero work unless the world is a utopia by then. Unlikely.

If these goals seem at odds with each other, or with your dreams, how do you reconcile the differences?

They're not.

Do you have any great rational or irrational fears or phobias? If so, what are the origins of, or reasons behind them?

Nope. I'm distressingly well adjusted.

How do you react when this fear manifests itself?

See above.

What are your attitudes regarding material wealth?

I don't want to be poor but it isn't something I've had to worry about, thankfully.

Are you miserly with your share of the wealth, or do you spend it freely?

I budget my allowance but I make sure to plan out sharing with my friends.

Do you see wealth as a mark of success, or just as a means to an end?

Means to an end.

How do you generally treat others?

Very well. I'm empathic. It helps.

Do you trust easily (perhaps too easily) or not?

I trust easily. Some say too easily but I don't agree.

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)?

I like people a lot but I have my moments of shy awkwardness. I usually push through.

Are you a humble soul or blusteringly proud?

Humble.

What habits do you find most annoying in friends?

I get frustrated when my friends get so down on themselves, especially about things that they lack perspective on.

What are your most annoying habits?

I talk, a lot. I steal all the most buttered-popcorn at the movies. Everything I own are in bright and frequently glaring clashing colors. I sometimes think I know better than my friends on what the right course of action is.

Is there any race, creed, alignment, religion, class, profession, political viewpoint, or the like against which you are strongly prejudiced, and why?

No.

What is your favourite food?

Bagel-dogs. Really.

What is your favourite drink?

Grape soda.

What is your favourite treat (desert)?

Anything eaten at a movie theater.

Do you favour a particular cuisine?

Probably american by and large. I go through junkfood phases but I'll try anything and like almost anything.

Do you savor the tastes when eating or "wolf down" your food?

Depends on the setting.

Do you like food mild or heavily spiced?

Either's fine, really. I'm not a picky eater.

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?

Nope!

What are your favourite colour(s)?

Anything bright or bold.

Is there any colour that you dislike?

Soft, washed out pastels.

Do you have a favourite (or hated) song, type of music, or instrument?

No, not really. I like Disney!

If you have a favourite scent, what is it?

Fresh rain

What is your favourite type of animal?

At the moment, baby dino-birds!

Are you allergic to any kinds of animals?

No but my dad is.

Is there anything that enrages you?

People messing with other people's head for fun.

Is there anything which embarrasses you?

Oh, lots. But I get over it fast.

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?

Never been camping but I think it'd be fun!

Do you have a patron deity?

...No?

Are you devout or impious?

Meh. Scientifically curious.

Do you actively worship and proselytize or do you simply pay lip service?

Neither. One I have doubts about the effectiveness of and the other I find an offensive practice.

What lengths would you go to defend your faith?

Theories aren't worth more than occasional interesting debates.

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?

Logic and reason?

Do you belong to a dominant church, or an independent church, cult, or sect (and is the group accepted, frowned upon, or considered heretics)?

None of the above.

Will you kill?

*quietly* I hope not.

When did you decide (or learn) that you would?

I've never been tested on it.

When do you consider it okay to kill (under what circumstances)?

It isn't, not really. Its not worth the price.

When do you consider it wrong to kill (under what circumstances)?

Pretty much always.

What would you do if someone else attempted to (or successfully did) kill under your "wrong" circumstances, what would be your reaction?

I'd see if I could make them understand the gravity of the situation and then I'd try and help them live with the consequences.

What if it were your enemy?

Same thing.

What if it were your friend?

Same thing.

What if the opponent were not in control of their own actions (under duress, charmed, dominated, possessed)?

Then, I'd just try and help them come to terms with the violation.

What would you do if something were stolen from you?

Be bummed and angry, then get over it.

What would you do if you were badly insulted publicly?

It's just an insult.

What would you do if a good friend or relative were killed by means other than natural death?

Try and bring their killer to justice.

What is the one task you would absolutely refuse to do?

My line in the sand? There's a lot of things I think are abhorrant. They're all generally criminal acts.

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?

Hurting a child.

How do you feel about government (rulers) in general? Why do you feel that way?

Without some sort of law, there'd be anarchy. All the systems are flawed because humans are flawed creatures. You work with the system and then, when that fails, you do what you can to make things right.

Do you support the current government of your homeland?

At the moment, yes.

If so, how far are you willing to go to defend the government? If not, do you actively oppose it?

I'm willing to obey the laws of the country and work within the system to change those that I think are unjust or unfair.

What form of government do you believe is the best (democracy, monarchy, anarchy, aristocratic rule, oligarchy, matriarchy) and why?

They're all flawed, although some have more flaws than others.

Do you have any unusual habits or dominant personality traits that are evident to others?

Well, I'm not actually colorblind although I've been told its hard to tell. I'm compassionate. That's usually quickly obvious.

If so, describe them and how you acquired them, as well as when they might be more noticeable and what causes them.

I think you're talking more about nervous ticks. I don't really have any.

Do you have any unusual or nervous mannerisms, such as when talking, thinking, afraid, under stress, or when embarrassed?

I laugh when I'm embarrassed.

What is your most treasured possession?

I have my mom's costume. Shh, don't tell her!

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what 5 things would you do in those remaining hours?

Probably spend it fighting to live longer than twenty four hours.

Career & Training

Where and how were you educated?

In the process at the moment, in Claremont. I spent elementary in a government program called the Psyche Project.

Who trained you in your adventuring class(es)?

Claremont teachers.

What was your relationship with your teacher(s)/mentor(s)?

I don't really have one at the moment.

Is this person or institution still in existence?

N/A

Were you a prize student or did you just barely pass?

Oh, I've always been a good student.

Look at your skills. How did you acquire them (especially the unusual ones)?

Books mostly. Sometimes eavesdropping in people's heads when I was younger.

Have you ever done anything else for a living?

I'm sixteen?

How do you function in combat (maneuvers, weaknesses)?

Control and recon.

Have you ever received any awards or honours?

Nope.

Is there anything that you don't currently know how to do that you wish you could?

There's lots! But I'm always learning.

Are you envious of others who can do such things in a good-natured way or are you sullen and morose about it?

Curious about how they do it or what they know mostly.

Lifestyle & Hobbies

When not adventuring, what is your normal daily routine?

Well, mostly my life revolves around school and classes.

How do you feel and react when this routine is interrupted for some reason?

I'm adaptable. Life happens.

What are your hobbies when you are not adventuring or training?

Studying, reading. I'm a big time movie buff!

What do you do for relaxation? What things do you do for enjoyment? What interests do you have?

Relaxing with a good book and a hot drink or going to see a movie. I'm a low key person and most of my time is spent learning. I enjoy school, actually.

How do you normally dress when not in your adventuring gear?

Jeans or skirts and tights, multilayer tops. Sneakers.

What do you normally wear in bed at home?

Tank tops and pajama bottoms. Usually of mis matched colors

What do you normally wear in bed while adventuring?

Casual clothes or my mom's old costume.

Do you wear any identifiable jewelry?

Nope

Where do you normally put your weapons, magic items, or other valuables when you are sleeping?

I don't have magic items or weapons?

What morning or evening routines do you normally have?

I meditate before going to bed usually for at least fifteen mintues.

Do these change when you are adventuring?

Dunno, never been 'adventuring' overnight.

Travel: how do you get around locally?

The bus although I CAN fly.

Do you have a Last Will and Testament?

I'm sixteen? By law, I can't have one. Everything reverts to my parents at my death.

What does it say?

*sigh*

Miscellaneous

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?

However best comforts those I left behind.

What kind of threat do you present to the public?

I don't?

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?

...Dental records?

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...

Deep down, you do already know that once you have a little more poise and confidence people will listen a lot more often. Just trust your instincts. Now, get out there and get some experience that doesn't come from a book.