Training in progress. Do not Disturb.

Barnum

"Beyond their increased lifespans and enhanced health and well being, most Utopians would be indistinguishable from the humans of the outside world. Well, actually, there are few other things..."

"What things?" Agnes asked now filled with curiosity. She had never heard of Utopians, but readily assumed that like so many other things in modern culture, this was something that other people generally knew and she didn't. "Tell me everything!"

"You know, I had very many shining words planned out in my head to say to you, but ahm.. they feel very less apt after having.. what is the expression.. punched your face in? Knocked your block off? Enacted the will of someone's mother, when she stated to knock you out? I am trying to decide what, if any among them can be recovered."

"I wish you felt half as guilty about making me feel guilty about getting my 'block' knocked off. You're really good at that." Agnes smiled even wider around the ice pack. "You'd make a great nun."

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Beyond their increased lifespans and enhanced health and well being, most Utopians would be indistinguishable from the humans of the outside world. Well, actually, there are few other things..."

"What things?" Agnes asked now filled with curiosity. She had never heard of Utopians, but readily assumed that like so many other things in modern culture, this was something that other people generally knew and she didn't. "Tell me everything!"

"You know, I had very many shining words planned out in my head to say to you, but ahm.. they feel very less apt after having.. what is the expression.. punched your face in? Knocked your block off? Enacted the will of someone's mother, when she stated to knock you out? I am trying to decide what, if any among them can be recovered."

"I wish you felt half as guilty about making me feel guilty about getting my 'block' knocked off. You're really good at that." Agnes smiled even wider around the ice pack. "You'd make a great nun."

"Oh.. you have nothing to feel guilty for, though, I was the one so punching."

"Ahm, as for my people.. well, more advanced metabolisms and other genetic refinements have resulted in muscles that just generally.. do more, as far as it goes. On average I've found that one of my people will be about twice or three times as strong as someone of similar build and exercise regimen from the outside world."

He paused.

"A nun? Really? Don't they have to be women that take part in some kind of.. mass marriage to your Christ? I think I am disqualified on multiple counts.."

"Ahm, as for my people.. well, more advanced metabolisms and other genetic refinements have resulted in muscles that just generally.. do more, as far as it goes. On average I've found that one of my people will be about twice or three times as strong as someone of similar build and exercise regimen from the outside world."

He paused.

"A nun? Really? Don't they have to be women that take part in some kind of.. mass marriage to your Christ? I think I am disqualified on multiple counts.."

He paused.

Agnes smiled. He certainly had the ability to inflict guilt like a nun.

"Strong, huh? So...like an island full of superheros? And what's your story? Were you..." she paused as if trying to avoid the wrong word. "...born like that? Or did someone make you?"

"Strong, huh? So...like an island full of superheros? And what's your story? Were you..." she paused as if trying to avoid the wrong word. "...born like that? Or did someone make you?"

"Hm. I think I will mention to my people that idea of them. I quite like it. Certainly their efforts to evolve as a society have been quite heroic, in my view.."

He looks thoughtful.

"As for myself? I was created by my people collectively to serve as their envoy, and particularly guided by my father. Would you mind terribly if I asked as to the origins your own gifts? They are quite wonderfully astounding, but I know it can be a sensitive topic with some."

"Hm. I think I will mention to my people that idea of them. I quite like it. Certainly their efforts to evolve as a society have been quite heroic, in my view.."

He looks thoughtful.

"As for myself? I was created by my people collectively to serve as their envoy, and particularly guided by my father. Would you mind terribly if I asked as to the origins your own gifts? They are quite wonderfully astounding, but I know it can be a sensitive topic with some."

He looks thoughtful.

"I'm not really sure where my powers come from. There's a bit of a debate about that actually. I was in the basement of my church. There's a lot of tunnels and rooms down there. And I found the sword. It wasn't there the day before and then poof there it was. I picked it up, and that's how I got my powers. It's taken me some time to figure out how to use them. And Lady Liberty is still convinced that I can do even more than I think I can. Anyway, some of the elders in my church think that the sword is a miracle and that my powers are angelic...or celestial. Some other heroes think I just a normal superhero." Agnes smiled at the combination of words.

"You know, as opposed to a weird one."

"I'm not really sure where my powers come from. There's a bit of a debate about that actually. I was in the basement of my church. There's a lot of tunnels and rooms down there. And I found the sword. It wasn't there the day before and then poof there it was. I picked it up, and that's how I got my powers. It's taken me some time to figure out how to use them. And Lady Liberty is still convinced that I can do even more than I think I can. Anyway, some of the elders in my church think that the sword is a miracle and that my powers are angelic...or celestial. Some other heroes think I just a normal superhero." Agnes smiled at the combination of words.

He scratches the back of his head.

"I do not quite grasp the debate on this. People understand that you have been gifted with such power, and use it to help people, itself makes you something of a miracle, should they not? Irregardless of origin."

He looks thoughtful.

"If you are looking to gain more experience anyway, you could always come with me on some of the patrols of the city I do? My duties as an ambassador do not allow for them every day, but regularly enough I do fly throughs of the city, keeping an eye to what aid I can offer, and criminal acts that must be disrupted."

"I do not quite grasp the debate on this. People understand that you have been gifted with such power, and use it to help people, itself makes you something of a miracle, should they not? Irregardless of origin."

He looks thoughtful.

"If you are looking to gain more experience anyway, you could always come with me on some of the patrols of the city I do? My duties as an ambassador do not allow for them every day, but regularly enough I do fly throughs of the city, keeping an eye to what aid I can offer, and criminal acts that must be disrupted."

He looks thoughtful.

Agnes shruged. "I'm not sure I get it either, but they seemed intent on arguing, especially those who were looking for a scientific explanation. It always surprises me when people who live in this amazing universe are so reluctant to see God at work." Agnes sighed. "Oh well."

"That sounds helpful." She had wanted to say "fun," but wasn't sure if that was the right thing to say. Her conscience told her that bashing villains shouldn't be "fun." It was a tragic necessity. But Agnes really did enjoy unleashing her powers. It was a moral failing she would need to work on. "When do you think you'll patrol next?"

Agnes shruged. "I'm not sure I get it either, but they seemed intent on arguing, especially those who were looking for a scientific explanation. It always surprises me when people who live in this amazing universe are so reluctant to see God at work." Agnes sighed. "Oh well."

"That sounds helpful." She had wanted to say "fun," but wasn't sure if that was the right thing to say. Her conscience told her that bashing villains shouldn't be "fun." It was a tragic necessity. But Agnes really did enjoy unleashing her powers. It was a moral failing she would need to work on. "When do you think you'll patrol next?"

"I would say that my own people would be best described as.. more philosophical, than religious, but it is part of our very history that we are aware of a more ephemeral world beyond this one."

"As for my patrols.. the day after next was what I had in mind, we could indeed make a full day of it if you prefer. I have this sort of.. luncheon.. thing, I think on the morrow by contrast, and then several reports to write and proposals to read. And various other activities that fall under the umbrella of my duties."

"I would say that my own people would be best described as.. more philosophical, than religious, but it is part of our very history that we are aware of a more ephemeral world beyond this one."

"As for my patrols.. the day after next was what I had in mind, we could indeed make a full day of it if you prefer. I have this sort of.. luncheon.. thing, I think on the morrow by contrast, and then several reports to write and proposals to read. And various other activities that fall under the umbrella of my duties."

"As for my patrols.. the day after next was what I had in mind, we could indeed make a full day of it if you prefer."

"I'll have to ask Sister Agatha if it's okay. I usually do schoolwork until lunch, so maybe a half-day? I'll have to call you. Do you have a phone number...or something?

"I have this sort of.. luncheon.. thing, I think on the morrow by contrast, and then several reports to write and proposals to read. And various other activities that fall under the umbrella of my duties."

Agnes smiled knowingly. It sounded like her mornings of being tutored by nuns. "Sounds awful." Agnes didn't really think that school was awful, but the more she stretched her wings (literally and figuratively), the harder she found it to sit still and get her work done.