Training in progress. Do not Disturb.

Barnum

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

llsmall.jpg

Lady Liberty took up a position on the other side of Agnes and assisted the Emissary in helping her to her feet.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Lady Liberty pushed the girl's hair out of her face again and straightened her sweatshirt. "Do you know where you are?"

llsmall.jpg

Lady Liberty took up a position on the other side of Agnes and assisted the Emissary in helping her to her feet.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Lady Liberty pushed the girl's hair out of her face again and straightened her sweatshirt. "Do you know where you are?"

llsmall.jpg

"Yeah, I'm okay," Agnes said, finally able to stand on her own. "I know exactly where I am. This is Disney Land, right?" Agnes smiled to let Lady Liberty know that she was kidding. "Really, I'm fine."

The Icon of Emerentiana was still sticking out of the floor, glowing softly. Agnes looked at it almost apologetically as she approached it. With a quick, silent prayer, the glow around Agnes and the sword faded, and the sword vanished completely. When she turned again to Lady Liberty and the Emissary, she was sporting an ugly bruise on her chin. Lady Liberty was still staring. "Really," Agnes said, "I'm fine, but I do think I might need to lie down . . . just for a minute."

"Yeah, I'm okay," Agnes said, finally able to stand on her own. "I know exactly where I am. This is Disney Land, right?" Agnes smiled to let Lady Liberty know that she was kidding. "Really, I'm fine."

The Icon of Emerentiana was still sticking out of the floor, glowing softly. Agnes looked at it almost apologetically as she approached it. With a quick, silent prayer, the glow around Agnes and the sword faded, and the sword vanished completely. When she turned again to Lady Liberty and the Emissary, she was sporting an ugly bruise on her chin. Lady Liberty was still staring. "Really," Agnes said, "I'm fine, but I do think I might need to lie down . . . just for a minute."

llsmall.jpg

"Really," Agnes said, "I'm fine, but I do think I might need to lie down . . . just for a minute."

"Yes, why don't you lie down in the infirmary just to be safe? Emissary, would you help me?" Lady Liberty took a firm grip on Agnes' arm just above her elbow. She or the Emissary could have easily carried her to the infirmary, but if Agnes could walk there herself, Lady Liberty was sure it would be less of a blow to the girl's confidence.

llsmall.jpg

"Really," Agnes said, "I'm fine, but I do think I might need to lie down . . . just for a minute."

"Yes, why don't you lie down in the infirmary just to be safe? Emissary, would you help me?" Lady Liberty took a firm grip on Agnes' arm just above her elbow. She or the Emissary could have easily carried her to the infirmary, but if Agnes could walk there herself, Lady Liberty was sure it would be less of a blow to the girl's confidence.

llsmall.jpg

Agnes was clearly embarrassed at being made such a fuss over. Her head was still ringing, however, and her legs didn't feel very steady, so she accepted the help. In short order, she was in the infirmary, propped up on one of the hospital beds, sipping a small paper cup of water.

"Well, this went well," she said peeking over the cup at the Emissary. "I'll bet they'll ask us to join today." Her mouth was hidden behind her hand, but her eyes were clearly smiling.

Agnes was clearly embarrassed at being made such a fuss over. Her head was still ringing, however, and her legs didn't feel very steady, so she accepted the help. In short order, she was in the infirmary, propped up on one of the hospital beds, sipping a small paper cup of water.

"Well, this went well," she said peeking over the cup at the Emissary. "I'll bet they'll ask us to join today." Her mouth was hidden behind her hand, but her eyes were clearly smiling.

He managed just a bit of something that could be called a smile, as he sat watching her in a reinforced chair.

"I would have to turn it down. I am certain that the description of this triumph in my reports home can only pave my way to a seat on the ruling council."

And then a frown.

"I am again very sorry."

He managed just a bit of something that could be called a smile, as he sat watching her in a reinforced chair.

"I would have to turn it down. I am certain that the description of this triumph in my reports home can only pave my way to a seat on the ruling council."

And then a frown.

"I am again very sorry."

And then a frown.

"I am again very sorry."

"I am again very sorry."

"Oh, it's okay," she said. "I'm tougher than I look." It was actually very true, but Agnes didn't sound convincing. She didn't look convincing either as she put the bag of ice that Lady Liberty brought her on her face. "So, where are you from? Are there...um...more people like you there?"

"I am again very sorry."

"Oh, it's okay," she said. "I'm tougher than I look." It was actually very true, but Agnes didn't sound convincing. She didn't look convincing either as she put the bag of ice that Lady Liberty brought her on her face. "So, where are you from? Are there...um...more people like you there?"

"I am again very sorry."

"Utopia Isle? I would say that in terms of spirit and goodwill, there are many like me. Beyond me even. If you more refer to my physical makeup.. no, there is just me. Beyond their increased lifespans and enhanced health and well being, most Utopians would be indistinguishable from the humans of the outside world. Well, actually, there are few other things.."

"Perhaps it is best to say, my people are of flesh and blood, not of metallic alloys and synthetic organs."

He pauses and sighs.

"You know, I had very many shining words planned out in my head to say to you, but ahm.. they feel very less apt after having.. what is the expression.. punched your face in? Knocked your block off? Enacted the will of someone's mother, when she stated to knock you out? I am trying to decide what, if any among them can be recovered."

"Utopia Isle? I would say that in terms of spirit and goodwill, there are many like me. Beyond me even. If you more refer to my physical makeup.. no, there is just me. Beyond their increased lifespans and enhanced health and well being, most Utopians would be indistinguishable from the humans of the outside world. Well, actually, there are few other things.."

"Perhaps it is best to say, my people are of flesh and blood, not of metallic alloys and synthetic organs."

He pauses and sighs.

"You know, I had very many shining words planned out in my head to say to you, but ahm.. they feel very less apt after having.. what is the expression.. punched your face in? Knocked your block off? Enacted the will of someone's mother, when she stated to knock you out? I am trying to decide what, if any among them can be recovered."

He pauses and sighs.