Training in progress. Do not Disturb.

Barnum

The Emissary collided with the remaining drone, crushing it against the wall. The robot literally came apart in his arms under the impact. The remaining chunks of the machine fell to the floor in a cacophonous noise.

"Well done again!" came the familiar voice of Lady Liberty over the loudspeaker. "You guys go to opposite ends of the Wreck Room while I get this mess cleaned up."

As the heroes parted ways and went to opposite ends of the arena, a large hovering machine exited a door in the side wall. It went around the arena vacuuming up the remains of the drones. When its job was done, it retreated back into the door in the wall, which promptly closed behind it.

"Alright, LL said over the loudspeaker again. "I want to see what you guys can do against a live opponent . . . against each other. I think you guys are tough enough to take it. I'll call the match if it looks like its getting too rough. Also, feel free to "give" at any point if you need to. Whenever you're ready . . ."

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Emissary collided with the remaining drone, crushing it against the wall. The robot literally came apart in his arms under the impact. The remaining chunks of the machine fell to the floor in a cacophonous noise.

"Well done again!" came the familiar voice of Lady Liberty over the loudspeaker. "You guys go to opposite ends of the Wreck Room while I get this mess cleaned up."

As the heroes parted ways and went to opposite ends of the arena, a large hovering machine exited a door in the side wall. It went around the arena vacuuming up the remains of the drones. When its job was done, it retreated back into the door in the wall, which promptly closed behind it.

"Alright, LL said over the loudspeaker again. "I want to see what you guys can do against a live opponent . . . against each other. I think you guys are tough enough to take it. I'll call the match if it looks like its getting too rough. Also, feel free to "give" at any point if you need to. Whenever you're ready . . ."

The Emissary crashed into the drone that was right in front of Agnes, and both went shooting past her nose. She let out a yelp, completely startled by the speed and the noise of the drone being crunched against the wall.

"Nice..." she said, once she saw that the Emissary was unscathed.

Agnes slowly descended to the floor. As soon as her feet touched down the wings lost their cohesion, and began to waft away like a sparkling mist. She watched with rapt amusement at the vacuum drone, sucking up the remains of its brethren. "That was pretty easy," she began, but couldn't finish her thought . . .

Agnes opened her mouth but didn't speak. She closed it, looked up at the roof where the voice came from, and opened her mouth again. She still didn't speak. She looked over at the Emissary. This was clearly not what she had in mind when she was invited to train. With a completely stupefied and mildly frightened look on her face, she walked toward the other end of the arena. She held the sword out in front of her and tried not to look petrified.

The Emissary crashed into the drone that was right in front of Agnes, and both went shooting past her nose. She let out a yelp, completely startled by the speed and the noise of the drone being crunched against the wall.

Agnes slowly descended to the floor. As soon as her feet touched down the wings lost their cohesion, and began to waft away like a sparkling mist. She watched with rapt amusement at the vacuum drone, sucking up the remains of its brethren. "That was pretty easy," she began, but couldn't finish her thought . . .

Agnes opened her mouth but didn't speak. She closed it, looked up at the roof where the voice came from, and opened her mouth again. She still didn't speak. She looked over at the Emissary. This was clearly not what she had in mind when she was invited to train. With a completely stupefied and mildly frightened look on her face, she walked toward the other end of the arena. She held the sword out in front of her and tried not to look petrified.

He floated over to the opposite end of the area, noted Agnes' expression, and frowned a bit.

He moved to say something, lifting up his hand with the motion. Then stopped, closing his mouth, looking thoughtful for a moment, even tapping his chin with his finger.

He moved again to try and say something, then stopped.

Then he just frowned a little, again.

"Would it be an imposition if I asked if we could speak for a while after this is concluded?"

He floated over to the opposite end of the area, noted Agnes' expression, and frowned a bit.

He moved to say something, lifting up his hand with the motion. Then stopped, closing his mouth, looking thoughtful for a moment, even tapping his chin with his finger.

"Would it be an imposition if I asked if we could speak for a while after this is concluded?"

He nodded his thanks with a smile, then simply waited for a sign from Lady Liberty for them to begin.

Once given, he streaked forwards, all silver arrow in flight as his mind debated and projected several plans of attack. On the one hand, if he held back, and she ever found that out later, whether she won or lost, it would further damage her shaky confidence. On the other hand, if he put in the absolute best effort he could, it would mean things like striking for her directly, which he wasn't sure he had the heart to do. On some kind of bizarre to be found on a human third hand, she seemed extremely powerful, probably moreso than he, and yet seemed suprised by her own power. There was any kind of chance she might hurt him through a loss of control.

His mind's acuity allowed for the process of all those thoughts, and a few bars besides of Magic Dance (What? He likes the song. It's catchy), before his focus shifted more unneringly on her, and a decision to use this venue to experiment with more of the fighting techniques his father had tried to impart.

At the absolute last second of his advance he veered upwards, right before her, the halted force almost enough to seem like the air would outright screech, hands quickly lashing out to use the arc of his flight to add momentum towards a grab for the Icon of Emerantia, even as his body sailed back through the air, the spiral of his form smooth and graceful.

He nodded his thanks with a smile, then simply waited for a sign from Lady Liberty for them to begin.

Once given, he streaked forwards, all silver arrow in flight as his mind debated and projected several plans of attack. On the one hand, if he held back, and she ever found that out later, whether she won or lost, it would further damage her shaky confidence. On the other hand, if he put in the absolute best effort he could, it would mean things like striking for her directly, which he wasn't sure he had the heart to do. On some kind of bizarre to be found on a human third hand, she seemed extremely powerful, probably moreso than he, and yet seemed suprised by her own power. There was any kind of chance she might hurt him through a loss of control.

His mind's acuity allowed for the process of all those thoughts, and a few bars besides of Magic Dance (What? He likes the song. It's catchy), before his focus shifted more unneringly on her, and a decision to use this venue to experiment with more of the fighting techniques his father had tried to impart.

At the absolute last second of his advance he veered upwards, right before her, the halted force almost enough to seem like the air would outright screech, hands quickly lashing out to use the arc of his flight to add momentum towards a grab for the Icon of Emerantia, even as his body sailed back through the air, the spiral of his form smooth and graceful.

agnes.jpg

When the Emissary zoomed right for her, Agnes closed her eyes and turned her head. She thought for sure she was going to get crunched against the wall just like the drone. But the crunch never came. Instead she felt her sword wrenched so hard, it nearly came out of her hand. Agnes' eyes shot open. The Emissary yanked so hard, he lifted Agnes off the ground. She gripped the handle with both of her hands, and yanked back. The sword came free from the Emissary's grasp, and Agnes fell to the floor. She landed on her rear with a painful thump! Agnes was completely flustered by the thought of nearly losing the sword. She jumped to her feet and without thinking she pointed the blade at the Emissary. A brilliant energy blast shot out of the blade. The Emissary was still putting some distance between himself and his opponent, when the energy beam shot past his shoulder and hit the wall behind him. He was showered with sparks and debris. Agnes was so taken aback that she nearly dropped the sword. She covered her mouth with her free hand.

"I am so sorry!" she yelled. "Are you okay?"

agnes.jpg

When the Emissary zoomed right for her, Agnes closed her eyes and turned her head. She thought for sure she was going to get crunched against the wall just like the drone. But the crunch never came. Instead she felt her sword wrenched so hard, it nearly came out of her hand. Agnes' eyes shot open. The Emissary yanked so hard, he lifted Agnes off the ground. She gripped the handle with both of her hands, and yanked back. The sword came free from the Emissary's grasp, and Agnes fell to the floor. She landed on her rear with a painful thump! Agnes was completely flustered by the thought of nearly losing the sword. She jumped to her feet and without thinking she pointed the blade at the Emissary. A brilliant energy blast shot out of the blade. The Emissary was still putting some distance between himself and his opponent, when the energy beam shot past his shoulder and hit the wall behind him. He was showered with sparks and debris. Agnes was so taken aback that she nearly dropped the sword. She covered her mouth with her free hand.

agnes.jpg

llsmall.jpg

"Wow," Lady Liberty said to herself. "Not exactly killer instincts."

She pressed the intercom button. "Don't worry, Agnes. The Emissary is tough. You aren't going to hurt him."

"And from what I've seen, he's not likely to hurt you either," she added, once the intercom was off. The Emissary was a smart guy; he'd figure it out pretty quickly.

llsmall.jpg

She pressed the intercom button. "Don't worry, Agnes. The Emissary is tough. You aren't going to hurt him."

"And from what I've seen, he's not likely to hurt you either," she added, once the intercom was off. The Emissary was a smart guy; he'd figure it out pretty quickly.

llsmall.jpg

He eyed the smoking hole in the wall dubiously for a moment.

"I'm quite fine, I assure you."

And at that, he zoomed back, his gaze flickering over the sword particularly, which remained his biggest problem. Well, the hole in the wall wasn't exactly reassuring either, but that could yet be traced back to the blade really. He kept in mind angles of blasts and strikes, weaving and looping in his flight to make himself a harder target, shifting about with grace precise enough to even have the room's light flare and shimmer off of his body in different patterns, eventually arcing in a bank to the right to take him down and behind Agnes. He spun his body even as he did to turn himself around, arms reaching forward to grab her and pull her back into his grip, hoping to keep her arms pinned to her sides and begin to apply pressure to her.

And at that, he zoomed back, his gaze flickering over the sword particularly, which remained his biggest problem. Well, the hole in the wall wasn't exactly reassuring either, but that could yet be traced back to the blade really. He kept in mind angles of blasts and strikes, weaving and looping in his flight to make himself a harder target, shifting about with grace precise enough to even have the room's light flare and shimmer off of his body in different patterns, eventually arcing in a bank to the right to take him down and behind Agnes. He spun his body even as he did to turn himself around, arms reaching forward to grab her and pull her back into his grip, hoping to keep her arms pinned to her sides and begin to apply pressure to her.

Agnes didn't scream or close her eyes this time. She steeled herself against the impact, but this time she was ready for the impact to not happen, just in case. She kept a tight grip on her sword, and Agnes was already in motion when the Emissary tried to grab her. She spun around quickly and found herself nose to nose with her opponent. She pushed him away hard and broke through his grip. Agnes willed herself to be on the other side of the arena, and even as she started moving she kicked out with both feet at the Emissary's chest. The angelic heroine was, unfortunately, too fast for her own good. She was already out of reach. With a burst of sparkling light, Agnes zoomed across the arena to the other side of the Wreck Room, sword out an ready.