• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Initiative:

Angel 25A - unharmed - HPx1

Dalkaresh 25 -- unharmed -- HPx0

Midnight 22 -- unharmed -- HPx1

Thugs 20 -- 3, unharmed

After last round's power check for speed, midnight manages to keep up with the ambulance just fine. The bikers all drop one step back.

1st place - ambulance

2nd place - midnight, angel, dalkaresh

3rd place - bikers

midnight, go!

You manage to pull around in front of the ambulance. And Dalk stays on the hood. The cyclists will be holding their action for the time being.

At the start of Angel's turn, the ambulance finds a side street and tears down it, attempting to take the turn a little too sharply. DC 15 drive check (1d20+9=26)

It squeels around the corner easily. It's now going the other direction! Midnight and Dalk get an HP for the complication.

ambulance speed check (1d20+4=9)

I need speed checks for all those pursuing the ambulance (Angel) DC 9

Cyclists speed check DC 9 (1d20+5=10, 1d20+5=13, 1d20+5=23)

They all catch up to the ambulance, they are now one "place" behind it.

Midnight, in place of a speed check this turn, you can make a DC 20 drive check to pull a "Batmobile U-turn" at full speed and recover and start chasing the ambulance again. This will place you two "places" behind it. (right behind the cyclists)

Dalk, if he tries this, it will be a DC 20 Acrobatics check to stay on the car. (made as a reaction)

Midnight, if you try some other maneuver like heading it off at the pass, make a speed check and let me know what you're doing.

The cyclists catch up to the ambulance and will all draw pistols, shooting at Angel as they go around the turn. Pistol; attack vs DEF 21; DC 19 on hit (1d20+4=10, 1d20+4=10, 1d20+4=11) But they all miss!

Initiative:

Thugs 25A -- 3, unharmed

Angel 25B - unharmed - HPx1

Dalkaresh 25C -- unharmed -- HPx1

Midnight 22 -- unharmed -- HPx2

Angel, You're up! I need that speed check before you take the rest of you're turn.

For any character in the chase, if you do nothing except focus on keeping time with the ambulance, you get a +2 on the roll. If you pass the speed check you may either move up to be even with the ambulance, or you may stay one place behind it (even with the cyclists). You may make melee attacks against target that you are in the same place as. That applies to all characters in "the race"

I realize this is a lot of info in one posts, so just let me know if you have questions. :)

Its okay, a fail is just a fail. You fall to "3rd place"

1st - ambulance

2nd - motorcycles

3rd - angel

Midnight and Dalk need to make the turn once more.

Dalk, I forgot to say earlier, but I need a toughness save from you for hitting the concrete. I'll set the DC mod = to Midnight's speed (5) so the total DC for this save is 20. (shouldn't be too hard to make). Soon as you get to move, you can teleport back on top of his car I guess if you want.

Just made it! ;)

Dalk it's your turn. Lets see that Toughness save, and then you can take your turn as normal.

After that it's Midnight's turn. That last drive check was good enough to put you in 3rd place along with Angel. That will all occur when you're initiative order comes up. At that point I will make an IC post about the action you pulled off, and you can make an IC post about it for story purposes. After that I will repost the place order of the "race" and the Initiative order since it will be the top of the round again.

initiative Guy then Girl (1d20+2=4, 1d20+3=11)

Initiative:

Thugs 25A -- 3, unharmed

Angel 25B - unharmed - HPx1

Dalkaresh 25C -- unharmed -- HPx1

Midnight 22 -- unharmed -- HPx2

Female Crook 11 -- unharmed

Male Crook 4 -- unharmed

since you just popped in, and they were waiting in case that would happen, I'm ruling that was a surprise attack on you. You're flatfooted against it.

unluckily enough, they insert into the initiative order after midnight, and will act again this round.

There is now a dalkaresh sized hole in the side of the ambulance as he goes crashing through the wall after that punch. I'll edit the IC post once I know the result of his saves.

Midnight, you're up! You've already rolled your driving stunts, I just need an IC post from you detailing the successful results

speed check for Ambulance and Cyclists round 4

Ambulance - Speed Check (Current value for deciding DC) (1d20+4=13)

Cyclists - Speed Check DC 13 to keep up. (1d20+5=25)

The cyclists manage to keep up with the ambulance. Since they beat the required DC, they can now advance up to one place (to be even with the ambulance), or place themselves adjacent to any other members of the "race" behind them.

Current race order: ("A > B" means that racer B is one "place" behind racer A. "A > -- > B" means that Racer B is two places behind Racer A with an empty spot between them. One "Place" equals one car length with a buffer space, or 15 ft.

Ambulance > Cyclists > Angel > Midnight

Angel and Midnight still need to make Speed checks to keep up with the ambulance this turn. Please make your speed check now for simplicity sake, if you plan on doing nothing except "keeping up" you can concentrate on the race and get a +2 on speed checks this round, but you forfeit your actions on your turn.