Up All Night

Cyroa

He beat her again a few more times before she set the controller down and drew her legs up under her on the couch. "Guess I've got some practicing to do still," she said wryly. "But the controllers all stayed together. I'll count it as half a victory. Something to tell Archer, anyway, when he reads me the riot act over today." Erin sighed and pushed that aside. "Not gonna worry about that now. I probably better get going to the gym and clock some more time, though. I haven't done anything there today yet. It was fun playing with you."

James nodded with a warm smile. "You're certainly swamped. Measure victories one step at a time is probably best. You'll be fine, I'll bet." He put the controller down as well. "It was fun. I'd offer to train with you but you already said that's off-limits for a while. Anytime you need a break, come find me. I'll be up and around most nights."

She smiled back at him, pushing herself to her feet and picking up her water bottle. "Sounds good. Definitely a lot more fun than sitting in the library all night. Sometime I'd like to hear you play more on the guitar. See you later." Erin stretched, popping a few vertebrae, and then headed off towards the gym at a good clip. It was still hours till dawn, plenty of time left in the night for both of them. Whether that was a good thing or a bad thing was sort of an open question.