Unspent PPs: 3

Characters Name: Clyst

Wealth : Absolutely none

Alternate Identity: None

Height: N/A

Weight: 200 pounds

Hair: none

Eyes: none

Description: Clyst is a blob of a protoplasm-like substance, made up of freely moving and interacting cells that can have a variety of effects depending on how they are currently arranged. While not able to separate into different entities, they can elongate, and stretch and seemingly flow like water through, around and over obstacles. Pale green in color, the sells can be hard to see, even under the best conditions.

History: Clyst is very old, older than most creatures living today, but he is very recent to the surface world. Clyst was formed/born/separated in a deep ocean trench off the coast of Florida and unknown number of years ago. And he lived deep in the trench ever since. Barely intelligent, he lived much like an animal feeding on whatever he could chase down, or whatever filtered down from the world above. An one day something strange filtered down, a container ship (ok, more than filtered) sunken in a hurricane off the Florida coast. What a feast! Clyst fed upon the bounty of the wreck, bottles of wine, foodstuffs and whatnot, and a few days later, he made an evolutionary step, the step up to sentience. A step few of his kind ever made. But even more, he made a step up to powered status, as abilities activated inside him that he had never known or possessed. Plus a yearning to see what was above, for he felt an attraction, and attraction to those who shared his powers.

He has spent the last five or six years submerged off the coast and making increasingly bold forays into the life of those above the sea, working his way up the coast and learning the rudiments of their lives. Fascinating, but still being drawn further north as he nears a powerful collection of powered individuals, a place known as Freedom City.

Stats:

Str: 14 (+2)

Dex: 10 (+0)

Con: 16 (+3)

Int: 10 (+0)

Wis: 10 (+0)

Cha: 10 (+0)

cost 10, total 10

BAB: 3

BDB: 5

Initiative: +0

cost 16, total 26

Saves:

Toughness: 6 (con 3, and protection 3)

Fortitude: 3 +3 con

Reflex: 3 +0

Will: 3 +0

cost 9, total 35

Skills:

Climb 5 +0

Stealth 10+0

Notce 5+0

Survival 8+0

cost 7, total 42

Feats:

Favored Env-Aquatic

Attack Spec (unarmed)

All out attack

Improved Grab

cost 4, total 46

Powers:

Insubstantial (liquid) Permanent, Innate Rank=1 Cost 5

Elongation Rank=3 Cost 3

Immunity [suffocation, Aging, High Pressure (environmental) Cost 4

Damage Aura [Acid] 2 ranks Cost 8

AP Damage Aura [Cold] Cost 1

AP Damage Aura [Fire] Cost 1

Environmental Control [Cold] Rank = 1 Cost 1

AP Environmental Control [Heat] Cost 1

Power Reserve: Rank = 6, Cost = 12

Applies to Damage Aura and Environmental control

Communication (mental), Rank = 2, Cost = 2

Protection Rank = 3, Cost = 3

Swimming Rank = 3, Cost = 3

Detect (Super-Powers) Rank = 1, Cost = 1

cost 45, total 91

Drawbacks:

none

Costs: Abilities (10) + Combat (16) + Saves (9) + Skills (7) + Feats (4) + Powers (45) - Drawbacks (00) = 91

Players Name: Eyeonthemountain

Power Level:PL7 (94 PPs)

Description: Clyst is a blob of a protoplasm-like substance, made up of freely moving and interacting cells that can have a variety of effects depending on how they are currently arranged. While not able to separate into different entities, they can elongate, and stretch and seemingly flow like water through, around and over obstacles. Pale green in color, the sells can be hard to see, even under the best conditions.

History: Clyst is very old, older than most creatures living today, but he is very recent to the surface world. Clyst was formed/born/separated in a deep ocean trench off the coast of Florida and unknown number of years ago. And he lived deep in the trench ever since. Barely intelligent, he lived much like an animal feeding on whatever he could chase down, or whatever filtered down from the world above. An one day something strange filtered down, a container ship (ok, more than filtered) sunken in a hurricane off the Florida coast. What a feast! Clyst fed upon the bounty of the wreck, bottles of wine, foodstuffs and whatnot, and a few days later, he made an evolutionary step, the step up to sentience. A step few of his kind ever made. But even more, he made a step up to powered status, as abilities activated inside him that he had never known or possessed. Plus a yearning to see what was above, for he felt an attraction, and attraction to those who shared his powers.

He has spent the last five or six years submerged off the coast and making increasingly bold forays into the life of those above the sea, working his way up the coast and learning the rudiments of their lives. Fascinating, but still being drawn further north as he nears a powerful collection of powered individuals, a place known as Freedom City.

Stats:

cost 10, total 10

cost 16, total 26

Saves:

cost 9, total 35

Skills:

Climb 5 +0

Stealth 10+0

Notce 5+0

Survival 8+0

cost 7, total 42

Feats:

Favored Env-Aquatic

Attack Spec (unarmed)

All out attack

Improved Grab

cost 4, total 46

Powers:

Elongation Rank=3 Cost 3

cost 45, total 91

Drawbacks:

none

Costs: Abilities (10) + Combat (16) + Saves (9) + Skills (7) + Feats (4) + Powers (45) - Drawbacks (00) = 91

Players Name: Eyeonthemountain

Power Level:PL7 (94 PPs)

Stats:

cost 10, total 10

cost 16, total 26

Saves:

cost 9, total 35

Skills:

Climb 5 +0

Stealth 10+0

Notce 5+0

Survival 8+0

cost 7, total 42

Feats:

Favored Env-Aquatic

Attack Spec (unarmed)

All out attack

Improved Grab

cost 4, total 46

Powers:

Elongation Rank=3 Cost 3

cost 45, total 91

Drawbacks:

none

Hey eye,

First of all, great concept! I look forward to seeing it in play. There are a few questions I have, however:

AP Damage Aura [Fire] Cost 1 Is heat and fire the same descriptor?

Unless I'm missing something, you're base Acid aura should cost 6 points per rank [Acid (+3) + Duration (instant to sustained, +2) + Aura (+1)], meaning that it will cose 12 points for your 2 ranks. I'm thinking that, perhaps, you forgot the required duration modifier for aura, which is an easy mistake to make. This would make this total array cost 14 points.

Are for the descriptor, I would say 'heat' and 'fire' are different descriptors. Someone who can control fire, cannot control heat... necessarily.

2. This one is more cosmetic. I understand all of your backstory, and it's a very good one, but why does your character decide to do good for people? Why isn't it evil, or even just apathetic?

Hey eye,

First of all, great concept! I look forward to seeing it in play. There are a few questions I have, however:

Unless I'm missing something, you're base Acid aura should cost 6 points per rank [Acid (+3) + Duration (instant to sustained, +2) + Aura (+1)], meaning that it will cose 12 points for your 2 ranks. I'm thinking that, perhaps, you forgot the required duration modifier for aura, which is an easy mistake to make. This would make this total array cost 14 points.

Are for the descriptor, I would say 'heat' and 'fire' are different descriptors. Someone who can control fire, cannot control heat... necessarily.

2. This one is more cosmetic. I understand all of your backstory, and it's a very good one, but why does your character decide to do good for people? Why isn't it evil, or even just apathetic?

Hey eye,

Hey eye,

I was just using the Energy Aura as in Ultimate Power. I am not sure why it is cheaper than taking Strike and making it an Aura, but it is costed at 4/rank unless there is errata I am unaware of.

Well, one reason is my other character is going to be a villain, and I would rather have this concept as a good guy, curious about humanity and such, not looking to ignore them, or harm them. He may not be their greatest protector, though.........

Hey eye,

I was just using the Energy Aura as in Ultimate Power. I am not sure why it is cheaper than taking Strike and making it an Aura, but it is costed at 4/rank unless there is errata I am unaware of.

Well, one reason is my other character is going to be a villain, and I would rather have this concept as a good guy, curious about humanity and such, not looking to ignore them, or harm them. He may not be their greatest protector, though.........

Hey eye,

Actually you're both right!

Cos is under the impression that you are trying to turn the Acid power (UP, 128) into an aura. If that is what you are trying to do, then Cos is right (and wrong . . . Acid should cost 2 PP/Rank. That's a typo in UP). If you are simply making a damaging aura with the acid descriptor, then you are correct:

Strike 2 [Extras] = 8 PPs.

The Acid power in UP is basically the above power bought with the Secondary Effect extra. That's why it should only be 2 PPs per rank.

I'll do a thorough audit later today, but so far it looks good.

Cos is under the impression that you are trying to turn the Acid power (UP, 128) into an aura. If that is what you are trying to do, then Cos is right (and wrong . . . Acid should cost 2 PP/Rank. That's a typo in UP). If you are simply making a damaging aura with the acid descriptor, then you are correct:

The Acid power in UP is basically the above power bought with the Secondary Effect extra. That's why it should only be 2 PPs per rank.

There's something I'd like to see answered before I approve the sheet. Right now, Clyst is a blob from the ocean depths. I saw that it has mental Communication, but without Comprehend, how does it know how to mentally communicate in English? Did it learn it as it went on its initial forays to the surface, or in some other fashion?

I like the concept as well. It's interesting to see how it would be viewed.

There's something I'd like to see answered before I approve the sheet. Right now, Clyst is a blob from the ocean depths. I saw that it has mental Communication, but without Comprehend, how does it know how to mentally communicate in English? Did it learn it as it went on its initial forays to the surface, or in some other fashion?

That was my idea. It learned English from its forays. I originally gave it comprehend, but then took it out as I did not want it to know all languages. So right now English is its only language.

That was my idea. It learned English from its forays. I originally gave it comprehend, but then took it out as I did not want it to know all languages. So right now English is its only language.

Approved.

Also, if you're interested in working as part of a team of heroes, you might want to meet up with my character Hub sometime. I noticed that you're not hitting PL cap with all of your attack/DC and defense/Toughness tradeoffs, so his Boost would actually be able to help you with that (whereas it doesn't do much for other heroes).

Approved.

Also, if you're interested in working as part of a team of heroes, you might want to meet up with my character Hub sometime. I noticed that you're not hitting PL cap with all of your attack/DC and defense/Toughness tradeoffs, so his Boost would actually be able to help you with that (whereas it doesn't do much for other heroes).

Approved.

Cos is under the impression that you are trying to turn the Acid power (UP, 128) into an aura. If that is what you are trying to do, then Cos is right (and wrong . . . Acid should cost 2 PP/Rank. That's a typo in UP).

Well there you go, you learn something new every day. Thanks Barnum! :)

Now that's a cartoon series I wanna see! They're the original odd couple!

Oh, and also approved!