Gettings the goods (IC)

Cyroa

Edge looked at the others, sussing out their apparent skills. Though he was loathe to send anyone else into danger, he wasn't an idiot. Well, not all the time. He shot an inquiring look at Phantom and Grimalkin, cocking his head towards the stairs. "You guys managed to sneak up on me," he said with a half-smile. "Maybe you can sneak up on them, too. Whoever they are." He had no idea what was going on, really, but he was willing to roll with it.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Looks like foundry tech," Ace said as they prepared to scout, "Might just have been purchased but be on guard."

He glanced around quickly, "I can shield us from living eyes but not machiens." he said as he hid the group from prying eyes.

He glanced over at Breakdown, "But quiet would be good." Ace advised with a wink and a smile, he had been young once and learned that the hard way.

Edge took rear-point as they headed inside, figuring that someone had to be at the end of the line. He could just imagine a Foundry building was just the sort to have lots of booby traps and devices designed to strike at his friends from the rear, making it a good choice to go in at the back. It's not like this is Young Freedom, here; there are grownups on the team. And Ace Danger! He still couldn't quite get over that.

Breakdown ended up floating down the stairs just in front of Edge. He didn't want to get in the way of the _real_ heroes, but he didn't want to get left behind, either. Rotating in place he faced edge. "Can you believe getting to patrol with these guys?" He whispered as quietly as possible while jerking a thumb at the rest of the group.

"I'm right behind you."

Grim simply nodded as she wrapped the night around her and disappeared from view; a soft whisper floats out of the air.

"Alright, you're not gonna see or hear me, but I'm still up front, okay guys?"

The sneaky young shapeshifter moves soundlessly forward, fairly sure that only her teammate Phantom can sense her, but you never know, right? Her eyes, ears and nose almost tingle as she tries her best to be alert for anything.

Walking in front of Edge and Breakdown Duskstalker whispers quietly, "Ohhu" and began to slowly fade from their view. Emanating from where Duskstalker had once stood can be heard slight clicks as his claws tap the ground as the group walks down the stairs.

The heroes moved down the old staircase, which creaked, groaned and clanked as they descended. It would be wrong to say that some of those heroes were louder than a herd of elephants. But compared to Grim, they might as well have been.

They came to the base of the stair, which opened to an open dirty hallway, door long since gone. To the right lay the old offices of this factory. To the left the factory ‘floor’ and open area. Grim heard hushed or muffled voices coming from the other side of the door at the end of the hall on the left…

They came to the base of the stair, which opened to an open dirty hallway, door long since gone. To the right lay the old offices of this factory. To the left the factory ‘floor’ and open area. Grim heard hushed or muffled voices coming from the other side of the door at the end of the hall on the left…

"Okay, I'm gonna scout ahead for a bit, but I'll be right back. Hang tight for a sec."

Quiet as a doormouse (well, actually quieter), Grim makes her way forward, ears alert for any bits of conversation she can make out as she approaches the unseen conversants.

Grim advanced alone, the closed door was easy for her to work around given her shifting form. The door led out onto a catwalk well above what used to be the factory floor. Once full of machines and busy people, well lit and well used, now it was had a few hulking and derelict machine but for the most part the factory floor was now empty and dimly lit. Below and down a ways, a few temporary lamps were set up, providing better illuminations.

In the lit area, there was considerably more activity. There were several table set, with multiple cases laid out on them. A man in a suit was leading another man from case to case extolling the virtues and potential death and destruction each case contained, weapons of some kind. Though an oddity was that they were weapons unlike any Grim had ever seen. The other bit of relevant, though worrisome, information for Grim was that the other man was clearly an agent of the Overshadow! Circling the lights were armed men, keeping an eye on one another. Some were obviously Shadow agents, while the others seemed more like mercenaries.

As of yet, no one had noticed the sneaking shapeshifter. But given how tense arms deals tended to be, their inattention would not last long.

Ace moved with perhaps a bit less care than was really neccisary downt he creaking stairs after all if the kids ear fit hadn't alerted anyone they were probably deaf crooks.

Sticking close to the kids incase things started to go south he listened carefully for trouble and waited on Grimalkins return.

Grim makes her way back to the group, gradually appearing out of the shadows; she's grinning like an idiot and rubbing her gloved hands with glee. She keeps her voice low, but it never quite drops down to a whisper; she's far too excited for that.

"Oh ho ho, this is gonna be fun! Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls of all ages, we've got Nazis! Genuine bonafide Overshadow mooks in the middle of an WMD sales meeting. So we've got Nazis and gunrunners, with a lot of guns, many of which are scary and high-tech looking, so that part's a lot less fun."

She looks eagerly from face to face.

"So, who's got ideas?" :twisted:

"I can take out their weapons without hurting any of us," agreed Edge, "it's kind of my thing. And I can make sure that whatever we're doing, we do it right." He looked at the others, sussing the adults out to see if they were ready. Grapple gun in hand, he started heading straight for the bad guys himself. "Let's do this thing."

Ace held up a hand while pulling Edge back to the group by his cape, "I for one am not in the habit of useing minor, no matter how competant, as diversions." He whispered.

A moment later he looked up to Phantom and Grim, "Phantom can appear in their midst and its highly unlikely they have weaponry capable of harming her. Grim get in position to back up Phantom on the warehouse floor." He suggested.

Turning to the boys he explained, "Edge you take out those weapons while Phantom has them distracted, Breakdown I need you to get both of us in position to blockade the exit while they are distracted, Edge you join us after you try and take out the weapons." He gestured to the grapple gun with the last comment.

This deal just wasn't big enough to be what had caused such a stir in Aces opinion, but the players might be here that could blow the lid off. It was crucial they didn't escape.

"Yea" Breakdown nodded. "I can airlift us in, just like before." He got ready to lift Ace off the ground just like before. It would be slow going, but it would get the job done.

"It'll work just like before. I might have to drop you the last few feet just to get the desired effect, but over all I think we can make this work."

"Phantom can appear in their midst and its highly unlikely they have weaponry capable of harming her. Grim get in position to back up Phantom on the warehouse floor."

"Works for me, Ace." She gives him a thumbs up before fading from view; she slowly makes her way towards the hoods downstairs, careful not to make even the slightest sound.

• 2 weeks later...

Phantom gave Ace a droll look but didn't protest acting as bait although she did point out very mildly, "Lets hope they can't affect me. Otherwise this will be an entirely unpleasant experience."

With that statement, she waited until everyone was moving into place and teleported to Ace's suggested location, and hovered there ephemerally. "I somehow doubt you all possess the neccesary permits for these."

The heroes broke up and slowly moved out. Only Grim was quiet enough to get close, but then she was the only one trying to so it worked out. As the stealthy shapeshifter moved into position and waited for the others, she realized something was wrong. At first it was hard to put her finger on exactly what, but the longer she stayed in such close proximity the more apparent it became.

These villains were ready. They were fingering weapons or had them too close at hand. They were tense. They were warily and serripticiously watching. This wasn't just some kind of arms deal, it was an ambush! Whether they had planned it all along or they simply had detected the heroes approach and were playing it sublte, she couldn't tell. But whatever teh reason, these villains were geared up for a fight. Unfortunately, she didn't realize it until just before Phantom appeared...

The various minions of Overshadow and the mercenaries all flinched at her sudden appearance but they didn't panic like the heroes had hoped. The man in charge of the mercenaries raised one eyebrow and gave this knowing little half smile. "And since when do such things matter?" His men had their weapons raised but didn't fire just yet. The minions of the Shadow took a somewhat different approach. As one, all the Shadow Agents yelled, "Glory to the Overshadow". They raised various weapons at Phantom and fired!

Luckily most hit her form to no affect at all. Several larger blasts went wide, but one managed to strike hit Phantom dead on.

"Come on, Ace! We've got to get in there and help them!" Breakdown began to airlift Ace Danger over the fight, but it was all he could do to get the pair into position. Ace was free to drop in on the bad guys whenever he wanted to make his move.

The Overshadow...Where have I heard that before...? He thought to himself. No! Can't get distracted!

From an spot near the rear of the group of heroes a rush rush of wind could be felt a Duskstalker launched himself into the air and towards the villains once he was close enough he said, "bluthelitpro" creating a lightning bolt which shot towards the enemy and hopefully hitting quite a few of them.

The Shadow Agents were trained soldiers and not about to be all taken down in one long line of fire. However, despite their training, two were in the blast one. They both acted quickly, tossing themselves to one side. However, it just wasn't enough. They were sent to the ground, twitching their way to unconsciousness, the the lightning slammed home.

"C'mon, team!" Edge yelled exuberantly. "Let's show these wannabees how real heroes take down fake bad guys! We've got freedom, justice, and phenomenal cosmic power on our side!" He jumped up on a turned-over chair, giving him a view of everyone around. "Here's a little taste...of Freedom's justice!" And with that the room went mad, weapons sparking and firing, the technology of the bad guys turning against them even as it exploded, wave after wave of magical power washing off the cheerful young man as he laughed.

Weapons sparked and blew, fired randomly and or just sizzled and died in the Shadow Agents' hands. They were staggered backwards or dropping the traitorous items as they reeled from the sudden surge of bad luck. Some were felled and knocked over from their own weapons, others staggered and doing their best to just hold it together...