Erin shrugged artlessly. "I'm supposed to be showing you around for the next half-hour," she replied, "it got me out of a math lesson. Unless you would rather walk around by yourself, but you can't get access to everything without having an ID. Like the dorms." As they approached the long multistory brick building, she pulled what looked like a standard student ID with her picture on it from her pocket, waving it in front of the door. There was a soft humming noise and a chime, then the door clicked open. "The building is coed, but it's divided by floors," she explained, leading the way into the spacious common room on the first level. A big television and comfortable couches dominated a good chunk of the space, with shelves of books and video game equipment lining the walls. "People are still moving in and shuffling their stuff around, so the halls are kind of a mess upstairs."

• 2 weeks later...

"People are still moving in and shuffling their stuff around, so the halls are kind of a mess upstairs."

Estelle looks around at the hubbub of students getting settled in, and thoughtfully strokes her chin

"Hmm, perhaps I could actually be of help here."

She clears her throat and smiles at the students in the common room.

"Hello, I'm Dr Estelle de Havilland, and I will be teaching advanced biology and chemistry this semester. I'm looking forward to seeing some of you in my classes soon, but if anyone needs help today, I'd be very happy to oblige."

Her amazing golden hair slowly unfurls into several think tentacles, and she grins broadly.

"Does anyone need any help with any furniture? I'm practially a one-woman moving company."