Labcoats will save vs. Mindreading

Round 2

Wander: 25, 3 HP - Uninjured

Breakdown: 24, 3 HP - Uninjured

Edge: 21, 4 HP - Uninjured

Big Bads: 20 - 3 demons, 2 robots

Phalanx: 19, 1 HP - Uninjured

Geckoman: 18, 2 HP - Uninjured

Demon Patrols: 10 - 2 active demons left from Hellions 2 patrols, 1 calmed in Breakdowns patrol with 2 active

Robot Patrols: 10 - 6 patrols

Hellion: 9, 2 HP - Uninjured

Mystic Force: 8 - Uninjured

Psyche: 7, 2 HP - Uninjured

The Tech Kid: 6 - Uninjured

I'll put up an IC post for Psyche and the baddies then it'll be back to Wander.

Hokay. In this round Wander does not charge but she is still using All out and Power attack, and she is Inspired, which gives her an Attack of +13, damage of 15, and Defense of +5.

First Robot, roll of 27.

Second Robot, with Takedown: also 27.

Third Robot, also with Takedown: 15, not so good, but since Edge hasn't gone yet, his Fortune benefit still applies, raising it to 20.

Obviously, the second and third attacks only apply if the first roll was enough to knock the robot out. How'd I do?

Okay so I prepared two different versions of the Alt form I would like to power stunt. If the first form is allowed, I will use that one. If the first form cannot be allowed, I will use the second one. The two different versions are to preempt the potential issue that I foresee (about tradeoffs)

The first version - Tradeoffs -3 ATK, +3 DC / -3 DEF, +3 TOU

":aed92m8a]

Density 6 [18pp]

Enhanced Feats:

- All Out Attack [1pp]

Protection 6 Extras: Impervious; Drawback: Noticable [11pp]

Speed 2 [2pp]

Strike 2 (Blade extending from right forearm) PF: Mighty [3pp]

The second version - No Tradeoffs

":aed92m8a]

Density 4 [12pp]

Enhanced Attack 3 [6pp]

Enhanced Feats:

- All Out Attack [1pp]

- Dodge focus 3 [3pp]

- Takedown Attack 2 [2pp]

Protection 4 Extras: Impervious; Drawback: Noticeable [7pp]

Speed 2 [2pp]

Strike 1 (Blade extending from right forearm) PF: Mighty [2pp]

I do not need this approved immediately as I am not planning on using it this round. I would just like to know if either one (or both) of these forms can be used?

Also, this really should be a PM. ;)

I placed it here as per this request.

Q, go ahead and toss up the alt form you want to stunt.

---

As you and I discussed in chat, Quote, I'm not really comfortable with you sliding your tradeoffs around.

Guess I will just use the second version then.

---

Actions this turn:

Free Action: Switch to TRANCE FORM

Standard Action: Hypnosis 6 on one of the not calmed demons.

Hero Point SURGE: Hypnosis 6 on the remaining not calmed demon.

Move Action: Teleport up to 100ft toward the next group of droids.

Remaining HP: 2

Possible Edits:

If the Hypnosis effects are successful, and I can control the demons actions I will edit the following into the post:

The demon/demons became stiff for a moment, almost as if they were standing at attention. In the same ominous voice Breakdown called out, "Go get them!" and pointed towards the two figures in the center of the stadium. The two demons charged forth...

If the Hypnosis does not work, or is only effective on one of the demons, I will edit my move action. I will not teleport to where the droids are, I will instead stay right where I am and will likely attempt a Combat Feint on one of the unaffected demons.

I did ask Q to put up his alt form so I could get ref opinions on things. No worries :)

Q: quick notes. Calm is not going to incite the critter into obeying orders. Its mood is indifferent but that doesn't mean its incapable of acting. I'll get you the rolls on the other two for hypnosis in a sec but wanted to give you that info and give you a chance to edit (if you want).

I'll take a look at the alt form more closely when I'm home and can look up a few things.

I was not planning on ordering the third guy around. I was just going to let him chill for a little. I figure he is peaceful enough...

And great, I can't wait!

For the record, Hypnosis is perception - sight dependant (strobe lights). no attack roll required. DC 16/will

Extra effort to Gain the Shockwave power stunt 90' cone 90' wide at the end centered on the center of the field (that should be clear of the stands IIRC) DC 19 Reflex save for half damage DC 24 Toungness save (DC19 if Reflex is succesfull) for everyone in the cone.

Okay!

25: Wander, your robots are destroyed. Ker-zorch!

24: Breakdown, you successfully hypnotize the demons who go running into the field. The bemused demon is still following you around like a lost puppy. It doesn't seem hostile, however.

21: Edge, you catch their attention: Tech Kid: 11, Mystic Force: 28 Have an HP for Tech Kid shaking off the affects of the distract to act this round. (Distract, from what I understand is targetted on a single bad guy but I'm giving you the rolls on both because I didn't ask you to specify earlier so it was totally my bad :) )

20: Big Robots, Spend their round using create object to put up forcefields over themselves and Tech Kid and Mystic Force:

Create Object 8 (field generator/Tech; Extras: Impervious; PFs: Selective; Drawback: Field shorts out if destroyed -1) [24] (field is Impervious toughness 8)

20: Big Demons, One will attack Wander: 1d20+8=22, One will attack the little demons Breakdown sent their way: 1d20+8=18, One will attack Phalanx: 1d20+8=20 DC 23 Toughness save

Strike 3 (Flaming Claws/demonic, fire; PFs: Mighty)

19: Phalanx, Demon 2 (fighting little demon):Makes its save: 22 and takes no damage thanks to Evasion, Remaining little demons (You also killed Breakdown's friend!): Squished, Robots: Have an HP for their forcefield absorbing your concussive blast and protecting those behind it, Demon 3 (One fighting Phalanx): Fails to get out of the way: 15, Is Pasted: 13, Demon 1 (Fighting Wander): Squirms out of the way and takes no damage thanks to Evasion: 20

18: Geckoman, as the force fields are up, your attack hits the field in front of Mystic Force. It does blow up, completely shorting out the droid's field and sending an arc of electricity high in the air. On the bright side, it shorts out the droid completely. On the downside, it also shorts out the Pitchoo's controls. Have an HP for the setback.

10: Patrols, Droid patrols that are not engaged (One remains with Edge, one with Breakdown) start forming up in a block on the (now decimated) greens. They are forming up a rifleman formation and holding their action for orders.

Patrol on Breakdown: Two will Fire, 1d20+4=11, 1d20+4=23, One will have his gun jam. DC 19 Toughness Save

Patrol on Edge: Two will Fire, 1d20+4=24, 1d20+4=11, One will have his gun jam. DC 19 Toughness Save

9: Hellion, calls out in his demon tongue. The demons haven't a prayer of making that bluff check. After debasing themselves at Hellions feet, the two demons still standing vanish into hell. Have an HP for your complication, Hellion.

8: Mystic Force, fires magic missle at Edge: 1d20+8=27 Hit! DC 23 Toughness save

Blast 8 (Magic Missle; PFs: Split Attack, accurate 2, Indirect, Homing, effects insubstantial)

7: Psyche, power-stunts her communication this round, spending a hero point.

6: The Tech Kid, fires up a lightsaber in one hand (red of course) and, while yelling commands, begins rapidly fixing the droid.

Summon Minion 8 (Repair Bot/tech, Extras: Fanatical, Type: Robots +1; Flaws: Requires medium: scraped bots) [24]

5: (Patrols now go on 5)

The new order will be up after people save vs. damage

Actually, as the Pitchoo is Equipment, I shouldn't get a HP for it being rendered unusable. Well, unless it's for the Complication of the fact it's now out of control. Any chance of making a Pilot roll to try and land/crash away from the crowds, or a Craft (Electrical) roll to fix it?

Ecal, the HP isn't for the fact that its not working, its for the fact that you're going to have to spend your next round dealing with the Pitchoo rather than really engaged in combat. You can give me a drive/pilot check to land it, but not to fix it. The Pitchoo is outta the fight.

You could crash it into the field but it would be very hard to hit Mystic Force and not hit Phalanx who is right by them.