((Edited for lack of actual enemy))

Erin dodged as the big demon came roaring up at her, managing to deflect but not entirely avoid the flaming claws. They caught her across the shoulder, and though it looked like it hurt, she shook it off almost immediately. She braced to attack, but was surprised when the demon, all the demons, suddenly disappeared. Not taking more than a moment to wonder about it, she hopped up on the railing and did a flying leap across the stands and down to the first big robot. Still using her metal robot head as a makeshift cudgel, she smashed the big robot, trying to knock its metal block off.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The com-bots around Edge and Breakdown exploded in showers of sparks and droid squeals. Wander bounded across the field and with one slam of her fist, the shielding cracked and fizzled around the droid protecting Tech Kid, who looked... intruiged.

The attacked droid fired off an array of blasts at Wander from its guns while the newly rebuilt droid protected Mystic Force within a similar shield. Mystic Force clearly looked concerned, however his gaze was trained on the now dangerously listing Pitchoo.

Geckoman started as the controls sparked, leaving the dashboard a smoking mess. "Dammit, dammit..." he swore, pushing and pulling on the control levers. Going down, going down... He steere the rapidly plummetting ship at Mystic Force, but he missed and ended up plowing through the field and jerking to a halt.

"Ok, now he's going down," growled the superhero, leaping clear of the nonfunctioning airship.

From the edge of the field, Hellion watched as the demon's abased themselves and then vanish. While his face might have been impassive, inside he was more than a little creeped out. That was awfully like what he was meant to become and it wasn't what he wanted. But it had worked.

He looked across the field. It seemed that the two large droid and the two idjits remained. He glanced up to where Psyche and the control room was. And at the 9 droids headed her way. He grinned and vanished is a flashed, appearing at the top of the stairs near Psyche. "Thought you could use a hand." He adjusted his sunglasses a hair, grinning. Baring the fact that demons had been involved, this was actually quite a lot of fun! Second day in this school...So far he was diggin the place!.

Hellion gestured, sending hellfire down the stairs attempting to fry the nicely clustered group of droids, making sure to leave the stadium and people (if there were any) unharmed.

Hellion's fire rained down on the combots, sending several to their shrieking droid demises. From the flames, three managed to pull themselves from the fire with the one in the lead blasting back at Hellion.

Down on the field, the Tron started to creak ominously as Phalanx slammed his shoulder into the struts before it went crashing down in a shriek of twisting metal. The green field surrounding the audience began to flicker while the device in the center of the field beeped furiously, with the colors on its dials and diodes all changing to red.

As Geckoman lept from the Pitchoo, more of those colorful balls of light homed in on him, with the other half zipping towards where Breakdown stood in the stands amidst the wreckage of a droid patrol.

---------

Psyche gave Hellion a cheeky grin through the open door of the control room as her hands rapidly pushed switches and pulled levers although with some sort of intent obviously in mind. "Thanks! If you can buy me some time, I'm almost positive I can turn it off without frying everyone's neural synapses!"

She reached under the control console and pulled out some micro-circuitry that had been attatched to it. On the field the green glow around the audience changed colors to a soft yellow. "Thirty seconds or so?"

---------

On the field, Tech Kid closed with Wander, moving with a surprising amount of grace into a flowing combat stance. It was doubtful that anyone of the kids would recognize the bold movements of Juyo. He closes with Wander, the blade flicking out in sure, solid strokes. It did not leave searing injuries in its wake, instead it delivered a shock of pain that left the skin with all of the nerve pain of an injury but without a wound. It did however, burn cloth and other non living substances it encountered.

Erin yelped in pain and shock as the red beam of light hit her across the back while she was fighting the robot. For a moment she looked stunned and hurt, but once again, she managed to shake it off. Her eyes narrowed dangerously as she looked at this new and potentially deadly foe, but first things came first. With the robot on the ropes, she gave it another blow to the head, knocking its top clean off. While it sputtered and died, she swarmed up its body like a monkey, twisting and weaving, so that it was hard to know where she planned to attack from next.

*Piff* *Piff* *Piff* *Piff*

The magical missles splashed against Breakdown's quicksilver armor. Thankfully, he didn't even feel it... "You know... If I had felt that, I probably would have been really pissed!"

Breakdown started charging down the stadium steps towards the center of the field. "Let's see how you like it when your under pressure!"

Through his charge the songkept ringing across the field, spurring him on.

"Turn on, I see red

Adrenaline crash and crash my head

Nitro junkie, paint me dead

And I see red

One hundred plus through black and white

War horse

War head

Fu*k em, man

White knuckle tight

Through black and white"

Running at top speed Breakdown lunged, crashing his arms spike into the robot's shield that was protecting the wizard.

With the robots around him destroyed, Edge grinned. "Bad luck playing against me, boys." He pulled his grapple gun again, firing a shot into the rafters of the stadium that he used to swing up and around, making a neat landing next to Erin as she faced off against the evil mad scientist with the lightsaber. "Well, well, well. Hey Obi-Wan! Stop hitting yourself!" Edge concentrated, his eyes glowing white, and suddenly the sword in Tech Guy's hand snapped around to slice right at his own face!

The shield shattered under Breakdown's assault, leaving the bot wide open for the full brunt of Breakdown's attack. With an alarming squeal, parts began to ping lose from its casing.

"What are you-- NO!" Tech Kid whirled and managed to shove Mystic Force out of the way as the Bot began to explode with bolts of electricity lancing around the teens embattled on the field. Mystic Force pinwheeled close to Edge which seemed to be the only safe spot on the field as his older brother took a blast to the chest with a grunt of pain.

As the Freedom-tron tumbled onto the parking garage Phalanx charged at speed towards the fracas center field. Throwing caution to the wind he made a desperate grab at Tech Kids lightsaber. As his fingers closed around it he attempted to yank the weapon free fromt eh boys grasp hoping to end this witout having to hurt anyone.

Demons and Robots were one thing but he had little desire to injure another person, and he hoped that if the boy was denied his weapon he would surender before this escalated further.

James stood at the top of the stairs looking down at the three surviving 'bots and grinned as the only one to shoot at him missed. "Sure, no problem. I'll buy ya however much time you need."

"Ya missed me. Time to fry rust bucket," he added with a grin. He gestured again, throwing out a blast of fire at the last remaining 'bots, making sure the exploding flames damaged nothing but the bots. If this didn't work, he was going to have to get into melee range.

Geckoman walked out of his crashed airship, zappers aimed at the two idiots who'd crashed it. "Seriously, kids. Geckoman isn't the best name, I admit, but Mystic Force just demands I do this," he said, flicking both his wrists to send a blast of electricity flying at the wannabe wizard.

Mystic Force took the bolt of electricity in the chest and was staggered to his knees by it, his robes singed and smoking. While Phalanx yanked away Tech Kid's lightsaber.

"Alright, that's it!" Picking Edge out as the leader, Tech Kid raised his hands and fired off electricity from his palms at Edge in blue arcing bolts.

Psyche stuck her head out of the booth as Hellion mowed down the last of the bots. "Okay, I'm good, I think. We'll have to shut down the last of it on the field down there. There should be a big red button on the transponder - that's the ball thing - should be the last step and everyone will wake right up."

"Team!" Edge yelled out loud. "Hit the button! Wander and I are taking this guy down, hard!" His injuries hurt, but the joy of imminent victory blotted out the burns he'd gotten from the exploding robot. He raised his wrist blasters and fired a beam of hard light at Tech Kid, the gadgeteer easily dodging the blasts but leaving himself terribly open for the counter-strike he was knew was coming from Wander. There were advantages to fighting alongside the most powerful brawler in Claremont. "Wander! He's open! Punch him out!"

"Nice one, Gecks! I'll finish this!" Breakdown called out as he chased after the reeling Mystic Force. "You got nothing left, man, give it up!"

"Turn on beyond the bone

Swallow future, spit out home

Burn your face upon the chrome!"

Fuel by Metallica was nearing the end, and so was this fight. Breakdown charged straight at Mystic Force. Winding up, Breakdown delivered a massive backhand across Mystic Force's face with the spike that jutted out of his forearm. He intended to KO the would-be sorcerer, not kill hm.

James nodded over at Psyche. "Push the button? Sure, no problem." He looked down across the field and located it. With a flash, he disappeared from his spot near her and reappeared standing on the transponder, his foot just above the button. "Ok, people. This is your wake up call!" He brought his foot down on the button, depressing it...

Erin leapt down off the robot when the Tech Guy fired at Edge, putting herself between her classmate and the bolts of energy. They hit her, but she seemed totally unfazed. She waited for just a moment while Edge mustered the troops once more, then gladly ran forward to do her part. She sent a single devastating punch into the villain's ribcage, sending him reeling and choking backwards.

She nearly dove after him to make sure she finished the job, but pulled herself up short when he fell to the ground, retching. He wasn't going to get up, she reminded herself, he was just a human, despite all the magic paraphernalia. She clenched her hands into fists and put them both behind her back, then looked around to make sure that nothing else was still a threat.

Phalanx looked down at the downed youths and then up to his classmates and for a moment a flicker of a smile crossed his face. Quickly however it was replaced by a worried grimace and he turned to Edge, "You guys should get out of here before anyone shows up to ask too many questions. They already know all about me." He didn't elucidate who 'they' were but he seemed to think the others wouldn't want to be caught in this situation.

There was a sickening pop-crunch as Breakdown's spike connected with Mystic Force's nose-bridge and the younger boy went down with a gurgle and a broken nose.

Psyche floated down onto the field as the aforementioned transistor spun up with a whine then slowly began revolving down like a top that's lost momentum. The golden glow faded to a soft white and in the stands the people began to stir as if waking up for a slumber.

"I'm not sure how much good that'll do if we run now. These camera's have been recording and transmitting for most of the fight." Psyche picked up one of the small camera-bots and powered it down, "I figured that the mind-control field was more important so I shut that down but I'm pretty sure we're going to end up on the news. If not Youtube. And we can't leave the Pitchoo. What's the plan now?"

Erin slowly unfisted her hands and looked around the field as the people started coming back to life. She looked almost dazed, as though the hits she'd taken in the fight were only affecting her now. Her clothes were definitely the worse for wear, torn and singed from lightning bolts and lightsaber. "We should go home," she said uncertainly. "There must be a way out without going back in the stands."

The quicksilver coating seemed to melt away from Breakdown's body as he floated over towards the group. He was panting from the excitement, but seemed to be recovering from the fight well.

"That wasn't bad for my first super-brawl!" He touched down next to Wander I could fly you out, but I could probably only take one at a time. Phalanx might be able to lift the rest."

James looked around and smiled. "That was entertaining. You guys do that a lot?"

He shrugged at Phalanx. "I'm a Prophet. Nothing new for me. DIdn't exactly have a secret ID. But if you guys wanna ditch the press, I'm sure we can handle that."

"Who cares if we can't move the Pitchoo? I don't care about going public. If you guys don't want to, I'll sit here and be all distracting. I could climb on a tall object and sing. That'd let you slip away."

He sat down on a chunk of metal. "I mean, not everyone wants to work publically. I'm not going to to judge you."

"Geckoman, try the Pitchoo again. See if the crash jarred it working again." Edge kept a close eye on the crowd as they began to stir. "Everyone, move in on me so we can conference." When Psyche asked her question, Edge knew he only had one good answer. "We stand up and tell them who we are," he replied to the others, calling out so they could hear him across the field. "We don't have anything to hide, Hellion. We're _superheroes_." We did it. We actually did it. Mom, Dad, I hope you're watching this.

He shot a look at Phalanx and leaned close, murmuring, "Phalanx, if you really don't want to be here, fly Tech Kid there out to the EMTs. But come back here when you're done." He had a feeling Wander would probably get a talking-to about the fight, but it wasn't his place to tell her off: he wasn't her teacher. Besides, he was young enough to just feel glad she'd taken the obnoxious inventor down before he'd done the same to anyone else. Besides, she'd taken a lightning bolt for him! He wasn't the kind of guy to dwell on it any further than that.

He looked up at Breakdown and Hellion, nodding approval to himself at what they'd done. He was a little curious how Hellion had told off the demons, but hey, that wasn't his business. He certainly knew nothing about magic himself! This is a sweet team. We're going to have some sweet adventures. Once we figure out what we're doing. Surely that wouldn't take very long. "Psyche, can you rig something from there that'll put my voice out over the field?"