Firearm Foulup (OOC)

Still need that notice check from last time...

Also for this post, give me another Notice check, and a Bluff Check (so you can make like you were checking the voice mail on your phone rather than planting your number right in his lap. The latter would be awfully suspicious.)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For clarifacation the subterfuge around the phone was intended to look like I was calling my 'superiors' the number would be a blind drop voicemail no message just a beep. The only stored message if they manage some how to hack it would be Ace reporting contact having been made.

I'll use bluff to counter his bluff with skill mastery for a 32

On a normal day that would work. However, when someone is not bluffing, and you are just trying to get a feel for the situation, you need sense motive. I am of the opinion that the skill should be used for more than just discerning lies and getting out of the way of combat feints :|

That being said, 27 > 14. Fail.

Make that sense motive and i'll post ;)

Also: It does not look like JD is coming back. Would you like to enlist the help of any other heroes?

Skill mastery on Diplomacy to use Connected to get the owner of the restriced number that called him revealed is a 32.

I'll use connected with -20, so he can't tell I'm asking about him, taking 20 on the check for a 20 minute time investment and a 22 result which is access to general through restricted information.

I'm cool with that. But I gotta ask, how would you want to play this out... Do you want him to make you through other means and force a confrontation? or would you rather take him down quietly...I'm fine with either way...but if there is a certain end in mind for you character I can do that too. No preference means I'll pick. or maybe flip a coin :P

Honestly at this point since Jack is MIA and I'm in like a TON of threads with Ace at the moment (almost all of them ont he verge of combat) I'm thinking i'd like to take it to gettign the goods on the guys and using my contacts with the police to arrange a bunch of arrests. Maybe be there for the big show down but I'm not feeling the need for a fight that was the part of the original thread that was aimed at JD

None of the locations where the phone made calls from yesterday as listed on the map were within the downtown area, or the area near the yacht club area. In fact, they were no where even near those areas. They all came from the Fens, in the vicinity of the water front. Logically, Whoever had been calling you was not the same person who was tailing you. Unless they had some way of remotely seeing you.

Didn't think I was going to make it that easy did you? ;)

This is simply the result of a failed notice check earlier in the thread. But don't worry, it is not a completely dead end. You have a few more options yet, I am sure.

Also, feel free to use any updates / your current August character sheet for the rest of this thread. I don't feel like keeping track of what should and should not be currently on it.

Okay, my bad. I thought that you were going to make an IC post reflecting your search.

Results: 42 beats all DCs - unfortunately, you might be looking in the wrong place.

Any contact with the phone company, etc., reveals that they number that you got called from doesn't actually have any billing information attached to it. Further digging reveals that it was one of those pre-paid phones that you buy refill cards for. The phone company cooperates with the police department and turns over a few recordings from that line. The user never sent any text messages, however. None of the recordings mention any specific information about names or addresses. (I am telling you this now but it takes the cops at least an hour to go through the recordings)

If you had succeeded at one of the notice checks earlier in the thread (when you were tailing the guy from the bar) you would have noticed that he was using a prepaid phone as well. That was the original tip off, but you had missed it ;)

You do know the locations that the phone was used from, though...