It's All Who You Know

Electra

Fearlessly, Jack walked up to Stesha and poked her. "Stesha? Stesha, are you okay?" He did seem genuinely concerned, and he was. His experiences with drug overdoses had been fairly negative, all things considered. "Do you need to cool down?" What did you do with a drunken plant controller early in the morning? "Stesha, I'm sorry about what happened."

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moira saw Fleur first. Walking over to the cedar she sat down right next to her. "Hey, baby," she said in a comforting tone, "You alright?"

Realizing Jack was there too she reached up to him and guided him down to sit. "Don't poke," she warned lightly, "poking's bad for you."

The drink was taking it's affect on her as she was in a sitting position with two other people. She leaned against the cedar looking at the two, seeing them both as potentials. "So," she said with a lighter tone than before, "You guys should make up."

Stesha opened her eyes to slits when she realized that she had company. "I feel woozy," she complained. "Everything won't stop movin'." She held onto the tree a little tighter. "Think I had a little too mush to drink. "'S'good though," she told Jack. "You should try it. Even though I'm mad about tha hickey." She tipped her head all the way back and let it fall to the side to look at Divine. "I dunno," she told her friend. "I think I'm still mad at him."

"I'm sorry about our date," Jack admitted, looking at the drunken Stesha as he joined her and Moira on the ground. "I had a nice time with you, but it was a mistake. I shouldn't have asked you out. I was just...lonely, and I thought I could be a good boyfriend to you. But I can't, because I'm not a very good person. I'm sorry, Stesha."

Moira leaned on Stesha and hugged her as she was hugging the tree. "You can't stay mad forever though," she said softly, "this little visit was to cleanse the hate of those events out of your system. You've said what you needed to say. If their's anymore to say, say it. But there's no reason to hold hate in your heart."

Moira looked to Jack when he was apologizing. She sighed and reached out one of her hands to lay on his cheek, "And you, don't use people. It's bad for the soul."

Stesha let go of the tree abruptly, falling backwards into Moira's lap. She seemed a little stunned by the experience for a moment, then looked over at Jack. "Okay," she finally said. "I forgive you if you're really sorry. But y'know, Moira says you're a hero. You said that you weren't. But I don' think she's wrong about this kinda stuff." She looked up at Moira with a silly, half-infatuated smile. "'Zat good enough?" she asked.

"You guys go have fun," said Jack, carefully disengaging himself from the pair of them. "Do you need a ride back to your place?" he eventually asked, thinking of the relative merits of an intoxicated Divine and Stesha stumbling down the street together, singing and smashing up the place as they went. "Or either of your places?" Were they going to the same place together? It was...hard to tell.

Jack opted to drive them back in Moira's car, the better to keep Moira from having to come back the next day and perpetuate this night any further. "I'll have you back in a jiffy," Jack promised, starting the car once everyone was buckled into place. "No problem." And with any luck, you'll both be too drunk to remember this night ever happened. "So how long have you known Stesha, Moira?"

"We met at the biginning of last month," Moira said slipping one hand behind Jack's neck in something that waould qualify as a caress as much as a massage. "She tried to plant plants on my porch and got hurt," she said rubbing not to distract, but relax, "So I took her in and fed her. Then she showed me the most wonderful things." Moira smiled at the memory, "It was like the funnest ride I ever had. She sucked me in and took me to another world." She paused for a second in complete bliss of the memory, "She gave me flowers afterwards. And we've been friends ever since."

Jack's mind flew to places best left unconsidered at Moira's story. Fortunately, the car stayed on the road. "Well, that's...that's good. It's good to have friends." He kept his hands on the wheel and his eyes on the road. "Stesha's very good with flowers. When we were fighting bad guys on our date, she made flowers grow and used them to stun some guys trying to rob the Super Museum. It was pretty cool."

Moira hand slowly moved down Jack's back, "Yeah, her flowers are dangerous. I hear she made a plant eat a man that was messing with her." She snickered at the Little Shop of Horrors number playing through her head. "She came to me tonight looking for comfort. And then she told me about your little date problems. I was reminded of O'Ren. One minute he's all mister hotshot and then he's gone." Perhaps she was a bit to happy for that last statement. Further down her hand moved until she was massaging the arch of his back. "Jack, you're a good guy," she smiled while rubbing deep, "Don't be like him."

This time, Jack did nearly run the car off the road. "Agh!" He pulled the car back on the road at the last second, trying to shake off the impact of Divine's presence. "Moira, I...I'm not a very good partner for Stesha. Or anyone else. I have a lot going on in my personal life, and I just don't think I like her that way. You work in a bar; you know how it goes sometimes." There, let her think of that what she might.

Moira snickered, "Loosen up a bit, Jack." Taking her hand from behind him, she leaned back in her seat with both of her hands behind her head. He looked very enticing from where she was sitting. She wanted him then and there, but an accident would have ruined the mood. She had to find something to impress him with. "I have plans for the future," she said boldly, "I'm going to start my own team. Me and Fleur were talking about it earlier." Her voice turned smooth and sweet, "Though I'd still like to be on the Knights with you."

Don't picture them teaming up. Don't picture them teaming up... He felt kind of bad reducing everything Moira was talking about to sex. He knew her well and respected her accomplishments. But it was hard not to think about sex when she was flirting with him. On the other hand, it's good to know I still care. It was reassuring to know that a beautiful woman could still move him, even if he wasn't moving to places that Moira might appreciate. He did his best to relax, at her suggestion, pushing the "frat-boy" images out of his mind as best he could. "Your own team, huh? Who with?"

"Mhmm," Moira nodded slowly, "Well, me and Stesha so far." She paused and smiled, "That's a beautiful name by the way. But yeah, I have two others in mind. Grimalkin and Angel. You know Grimalkin. Angel is that girl who recently started being a hero. Flying surfboard you read about in the papers all the time. We met about a week ago and started hanging out," she trailed off happily on that last thought. She turned her face and body towards him with a flaunt, though she was still in her seat, "We could team up. Just you and me, I mean. Avenger and Divine."

Why did I tell her my name again? Oh yeah, because sometimes she looks at me like that. Jack had initially been resistant to Moira's charms when they first met, years of living close to Melinda and Claudia had given him a natural resistance to an overwhelmingly pretty face. But now he did know Moira, and knew she was trustworthy, and hot, and...Hey, biting a goddess! There's a great idea! Visions of his head bursting into flames, then exploding, let him concentrate on the conversation as he said, "Huh, well, it sounds like you've got a pretty diverse group there. You've got your aerial support, your sneaky person, your flower girl, your powerhouse..."

But who says you have to bite her? You don't do that _every_ time you're intimate with a lady. Only most of the time, actually. But it seemed like it would be different with Moira. Very different.

The car pulled into the parking space. Luckily Jack didn't have to parallel park, Angel's car was gone. Stesha was still asleep. Now or never, Moira thought. Unbuckling her seatbelt she climbed into Jack's seat, stradling his lap to put them face to face.

"Jack, it's been a very interesting evening," she said gently wrapping her arms behind his neck. "I'm going to take Stesha inside and let her rest on the couch," she lightly kissed his lower lip. "You can come in if you like," this time her kiss lingered inside him. She'd have given in right there if she didn't remember her friend. Slowly pulling herself away, "I'll be waiting. When you walk in there will be a hall way to the right, then take another right and you'll find where I am."

Opening the driver's side door, she got out of the car. She opened the back door and pulled Stesha into a sleeping cradle position. Delicately walking towards her door as to not wake Stesha up, she saw a note on the door. It was from Angel. "I see you started without me!" it read, "Hopefully we'll run into each other tonight! If not I'll call you tomorrow!" She trashed the note and walked in, laying Stesha on the couch. She made her way to the bedroom, thinking of Jack.

Jack was genuinely torn for a moment, weighing his feelings, Stesha's feelings, and Moira's feelings against the safety of everyone involved before succumbing to temptation. What the heck; life, even life-in-death, was about embracing new situations. Having resolved to do something human, Jack did a quick once-over to make sure Stesha was all right before joining Moira in the bedroom. "We'll have to be quiet," he warned her as he closed the door behind him, shutting off the light from the bedroom a moment before he turned off the lights inside. The night was young yet, especially if it was your favorite time of day.

Stesha woke a little while later, and for a moment, couldn't figure out where she was. She was thirsty, and a little dizzy, but as soon as she sat up she recognized Moira's living room. She put a hand to her face as she remembered what she'd done a few hours ago, going to confront Jack, yelling at him, wrapping herself around a tree, then practically passing out in Moira's lap... Maybe she could pretend it was all a bad dream.

She stood up and stretched, then looked around for Moira. She knew Moira didn't sleep, so that wasn't much of an option. But in the quiet, she could definitely hear noises when she paid attention. Curious, she walked down the hallway. The bedroom door was closed, but she could hear noises... and voices. Her mouth dropped open a little. No way... It had to be a misunderstanding, but there was still no way she was opening that door and going in.

Walking softly back to the living room, she dug into her knapsack and pulled out an ivy seed, coaxing it to life in her hand. She set it down at the base of the bedroom door and had it ease its way under and up the door, to doorknob height. She closed her outer eyes and let her see what it saw. It was... educational, for certain values of the word. She didn't stay long. She tugged the vine back under the door, wrapping it around her wrist, and went back to the living room, her eyes just a little too wide. It didn't look like they'd be done anytime soon, though she had little basis to judge on. Stesha gathered up her knapsack, touched one of the little bonsai trees, and went home. The night had been entirely too long.

Early the next morning, Jack gathered his clothes and disappeared. Moira was many things, but disappearing under her nose even after they'd been intimate was no difficult task. After all, he was very sneaky, and very fast. He noticed Stesha had already risen and left by the time he departed, but maybe that was for the best. His memories of the night before were certainly very vivid, and exceedingly pleasant. But it was a new day, which meant new responsibilities for both Jack and Avenger. One responsibility in particular. He'd only half-fed the night before, which meant that this was a morning for thirst.

Waking up, Moira looked around to see Jack was gone. Putting on her robe, she shuffled towards the bathroom. Before that she got there she decided to check on Stesha. "Aw," she mumbled when she noticed her guest was gone, "I figured we'd have brunch." Shrugging, she thought of all the people she'd have to contact today. But now she had to get clean.