Knight Cosmos - PL 10 - AncientSpark

Note: Assume no bonuses added unless it specifically mentions so, such as “Ability Score†and “Power Mod†in Saves. I also might have made this character sheet a bit long and confusing...tell me if you want it remade.

Players Name: Ancient Spark

Power Level: 10

Characters Name: Knight Cosmos

Alternate Identity: Skya Cassens

Height: 6’1â€Â

Weight: 173 lbs

Hair: Blond

Eyes: Sky Blue

Description: Skya is a fairly young lad, perhaps nineteen or twenty. He does not look particularly noticeable with his clothes on, but his appearances hide a well-toned body. He usually dresses very casually and practically rather than formal or dressy.

History: In ancient times, the stars were said to be symbols of the heavens. To be placed as a constellation was an honor. In addition, by interpreting the stars, it was believed that the future could be told. However, as technology increased, the belief in the mystical powers of the shape of the stars faded away.

In truth, the constellations were representations of mystical figures, like the ancient Greeks originally said. Each constellation gave power to several champions to defend the world from various types of evil. To protect the mortal bodies of these defenders of the world, the divine beings gave each warrior a set of distinctive armor that was said to glow as brightly as the stars. Over time, however, each champion disappeared from the world as did the legacy that they left behind.

Skya is the newest inheritor of this line. Born as the son of a single, eccentric astronomer, Skya lived a lonely childhood. His father, although meaning well, was not particularly fatherly and it led promptly to Skya’s disdain of the study of the skies. It was not until high school that he realized of his incredible strength and, more importantly, his fighting abilities. Left to face his destiny, he was offered a scholarship to Claremont Academy. After one year there, he left, saying that he was better learning his strengths alone.

He still sometimes struggles with his lack of respect for the cosmos, but the fact that it is Skya’s destiny to protect the weak is a little easier to swallow. He recently gained his Armor, a relic targeted by professional thieves. When he attempted to return it, it appeared to him again the following morning. The museum curator grudgingly accepted that it must have been fated for Skya to keep it.

Stats:

Str: 28 (+9) (+18 PP)

Dex: 10 (+0) (+0 PP)

Con: 20 (+5) (+10 PP)

Int: 10 (+0) (+0 PP)

Wis: 20 (+5) (+10 PP)

Cha: 10 (+0) (+0 PP)

Total Spent on Stats: 38 PP

BAB: +0 (+0 PP) (Melee: +10, Ranged +0)

BDB: +0 (+0 PP) (Total: +8 Dodge Bonus = +8)

Initiative: +0

Saves:

Toughness: 5 Ability Score + 0 Base Mod (+0 PP)

Toughness while wearing Device: 5 Ability Score + 5 Base Mod, Impervious 10

Fortitude: 5 Ability Score + 0 Base Mod (+0 PP)

Reflex: 0 Ability Score + 0 Base Mod (+0 PP)

Will: 5 Ability Score + 0 Base Mod (+0 PP)

Total Spent on Saves: 0 PP

Skills:

Notice: 9 Ranks (3.25 PP)

Concentration: 15 Ranks (3.75 PP)

Total Spent on Skills: 6 PP

Feats:

Attack Focus (Melee) Rank 10 (+10 PP)

Accurate Attack (+1 PP)

Move-By Action (+1 PP)

Powers:

Note: I have a LOT of Alternate Powers, but not many of them are particularly critical: I probably really only need Phoenix’s Flame, Centarus’ Arrows, Stars’ Protection, and the respective Linked Drain effects, and even then, I can take out one of them. If you find that this build is too high-powered, I can take out a few.

Super Senses – Astrologic Predictions

Rank 1 (1 PP)

Grants:

Danger Sense (Sight)

Total PP Cost: 1 PP

--------------------------

Device – Mystic Star-Armor – Extra Effort Applies to Skya

Hard to Lose (4/Rank)

Rank 7 (28 PP)

Grants 35 PP to use amongst its powers

Provides these Powers:

Protection:

Rank 5 (5)

Impervious (+1/Toughness made Impervious) (+10 PP)

PP of this Power: 15 PP

Shield:

Rank 10 (10)

PP of this Power: 10 PP

Speed:

Rank 10 (10)

Array – Constellation’s Powers

Cost of Base Power: 35

5 Alternate Powers: (+5)

Total for Array: 40 PP

Power 1 (Base Power): Centarus’ Arrows – Blast

Rank 1 (1 PP)

Mighty (+1 PP)

Range - Change to Ranged (+1/Rank) (+10 PP)

Autofire 2 (+2 PP/Rank and +2 PP/Strength) (+20 PP)

Accurate x 5 (+5 PP)

Full-Power (-1 PP)

Minimum Range (-1 PP)

PP for this Power: 35

Power 2: Phoenix’s Flame – Strike

Rank 1 (1 PP)

Linked: Power of Everlasting Flames (+0)

Mighty (1 PP)

Duration – Increase to Sustained (+2 PP/Rank and +2 PP/Strength) (+20 PP)

Aura (+1 PP/Rank and +1 PP/Strength) (+10 PP)

Extend Reach x 2 (+10 ft) (+2 PP)

Homing x1 (+1 PP)

Power 3: Pegasus’ Charge – Strike

Rank 1 (1 PP)

Linked: Power of Mystic Striking (+0)

Mighty (1 PP)

Penetrating (+1 PP/Rank and +1 PP/Strength) (+10 PP)

Secondary Effect (+1 PP/Rank and +1 PP/Strength) (+10 PP)

Indirect (+1 PP)

Action – Increase to Full (-1 PP/Rank and -1 PP/Strength) (-10 PP)

Power 4: Aquila’s Gust – Stun

Rank 10 (20 PP)

Linked: Power of Binding Winds (+0)

Targeted Area: Cone(+1/Rank) (+10)

Extend Reach x2 (+10 ft) (+2 PP)

Incurable (+1 PP)

Reversible (+1 PP)

Sedation (+1 PP)

Power 5: Cygnus’ Pull – Fatigue

Rank 10 (20 PP)

Power of Frozen Waters (+0)

Secondary Effect (+1/Rank) (+10 PP)

Incurable (+1 PP)

Reversible (+1 PP)

Sedation (+1 PP)

Power 6: Stars’s Protection – Boost

All Traits of One Type - Saves (3/Rank)

Rank 11 (33 PP)

Total Fade (+1/Rank) (+11 PP)

Triggered 2 (+2 PP)

Self Only (-1/Rank) (-11 PP)

-----------------------

Array: Mystic Fighting Arts

Cost of Base Power: 22 PP

3 Alternate Powers (+3 PP)

Total Cost of Array: 25 PP

Power 1 (Base Power): Power of Everlasting Flames – Drain

Drains Toughness (1/Rank)

Rank 10 (10)

Linked: Phoenix’s Flame (+0)

Total Fade (+1/Rank) (+10 PP)

PP for this Power: 22

Power 2 (Base Power): Power of Mystical Striking – Drain

Drains Constitution (1/Rank)

Rank 10 (10)

Linked: Pegasus’ Charge (+0)

Change to Reflex Save (+0)

Power 3 (Base Power): Power of Binding Winds – Drain

Drains Defense (1/Rank)

Rank 10 (10)

Linked: Aquila’s Gust (+0)

Power 4 (Base Power): Power of Frozen Waters – Drain

Drains Strength (1/Rank)

Rank 10 (10)

Linked: Cygnus’ Pull (+0)

Change to Will Save (+0)

Total PP for All Powers: 1 Astrologic Predictions + 28 Mystic Star-Armor + 40 Constellation’s Powers + 25 Mystic Fighting Arts = 94

Drawbacks: None

Costs: Abilities (38) + Combat (0) + Saves (0) + Skills (6) + Feats (12) + Powers (94) - Drawbacks (0) = 150

Notes About Knight Cosmos:

The Mystic-Star Armor is donned as a free action from the star amulet that the Cosmic Knight carries.

The Mystic-Star Armor is a set of several pieces of armor consisting of greaves, upper torso, thighs and waist, gauntlets with shield on right arm, and headpiece that frames the face. It does not cover the whole body, but covers vital parts. It’s up to you to decide how much effect taking out each part of the armor has on the Device powers. My personal take is that taking the greaves and thighs each takes half of the ranks off of Speed and Flight, taking the gauntlets and shield takes disables the Shield power, and taking the headpiece and upper torso each takes half of the PP on the Protection/Impervious ability.

I believe that, when Secondary Effect activates, any Linked effects do NOT duplicate, but I’m not 100% sure or whether Secondary Effect is even usable with Linked.

I’m fairly sure that Drain Toughness is a legal application of One Rank Drain, but I’m not completely sure. Neither am I about Drain Defense. However, I’m willing to change the drain targets of these two if they’re too powerful or if they’re not legal.

Note: Assume no bonuses added unless it specifically mentions so, such as “Ability Score†and “Power Mod†in Saves. I also might have made this character sheet a bit long and confusing...tell me if you want it remade.

Description: Skya is a fairly young lad, perhaps nineteen or twenty. He does not look particularly noticeable with his clothes on, but his appearances hide a well-toned body. He usually dresses very casually and practically rather than formal or dressy.

History: In ancient times, the stars were said to be symbols of the heavens. To be placed as a constellation was an honor. In addition, by interpreting the stars, it was believed that the future could be told. However, as technology increased, the belief in the mystical powers of the shape of the stars faded away.

In truth, the constellations were representations of mystical figures, like the ancient Greeks originally said. Each constellation gave power to several champions to defend the world from various types of evil. To protect the mortal bodies of these defenders of the world, the divine beings gave each warrior a set of distinctive armor that was said to glow as brightly as the stars. Over time, however, each champion disappeared from the world as did the legacy that they left behind.

Skya is the newest inheritor of this line. Born as the son of a single, eccentric astronomer, Skya lived a lonely childhood. His father, although meaning well, was not particularly fatherly and it led promptly to Skya’s disdain of the study of the skies. It was not until high school that he realized of his incredible strength and, more importantly, his fighting abilities. Left to face his destiny, he was offered a scholarship to Claremont Academy. After one year there, he left, saying that he was better learning his strengths alone.

He still sometimes struggles with his lack of respect for the cosmos, but the fact that it is Skya’s destiny to protect the weak is a little easier to swallow. He recently gained his Armor, a relic targeted by professional thieves. When he attempted to return it, it appeared to him again the following morning. The museum curator grudgingly accepted that it must have been fated for Skya to keep it.

Stats:

Saves:

Skills:

Feats:

Accurate Attack (+1 PP)

Move-By Action (+1 PP)

Powers:

Note: I have a LOT of Alternate Powers, but not many of them are particularly critical: I probably really only need Phoenix’s Flame, Centarus’ Arrows, Stars’ Protection, and the respective Linked Drain effects, and even then, I can take out one of them. If you find that this build is too high-powered, I can take out a few.

Rank 1 (1 PP)

Grants:

Danger Sense (Sight)

Hard to Lose (4/Rank)

Rank 7 (28 PP)

Provides these Powers:

Protection:

Rank 5 (5)

Shield:

Rank 10 (10)

Speed:

Rank 10 (10)

Rank 1 (1 PP)

Mighty (+1 PP)

Accurate x 5 (+5 PP)

Full-Power (-1 PP)

Minimum Range (-1 PP)

Rank 1 (1 PP)

Mighty (1 PP)

Homing x1 (+1 PP)

Rank 1 (1 PP)

Mighty (1 PP)

Indirect (+1 PP)

Rank 10 (20 PP)

Incurable (+1 PP)

Reversible (+1 PP)

Sedation (+1 PP)

Rank 10 (20 PP)

Incurable (+1 PP)

Reversible (+1 PP)

Sedation (+1 PP)

Rank 11 (33 PP)

Triggered 2 (+2 PP)

-----------------------

Rank 10 (10)

Rank 10 (10)

Drains Defense (1/Rank)

Rank 10 (10)

Drains Strength (1/Rank)

Rank 10 (10)

Change to Will Save (+0)

Total PP for All Powers: 1 Astrologic Predictions + 28 Mystic Star-Armor + 40 Constellation’s Powers + 25 Mystic Fighting Arts = 94

Costs: Abilities (38) + Combat (0) + Saves (0) + Skills (6) + Feats (12) + Powers (94) - Drawbacks (0) = 150

The Mystic-Star Armor is donned as a free action from the star amulet that the Cosmic Knight carries.

The Mystic-Star Armor is a set of several pieces of armor consisting of greaves, upper torso, thighs and waist, gauntlets with shield on right arm, and headpiece that frames the face. It does not cover the whole body, but covers vital parts. It’s up to you to decide how much effect taking out each part of the armor has on the Device powers. My personal take is that taking the greaves and thighs each takes half of the ranks off of Speed and Flight, taking the gauntlets and shield takes disables the Shield power, and taking the headpiece and upper torso each takes half of the PP on the Protection/Impervious ability.

I believe that, when Secondary Effect activates, any Linked effects do NOT duplicate, but I’m not 100% sure or whether Secondary Effect is even usable with Linked.

I’m fairly sure that Drain Toughness is a legal application of One Rank Drain, but I’m not completely sure. Neither am I about Drain Defense. However, I’m willing to change the drain targets of these two if they’re too powerful or if they’re not legal.

Stats:

Saves:

Skills:

Feats:

Accurate Attack (+1 PP)

Move-By Action (+1 PP)

Powers:

Rank 1 (1 PP)

Grants:

Danger Sense (Sight)

Hard to Lose (4/Rank)

Rank 7 (28 PP)

Provides these Powers:

Protection:

Rank 5 (5)

Shield:

Rank 10 (10)

Speed:

Rank 10 (10)

Rank 1 (1 PP)

Mighty (+1 PP)

Accurate x 5 (+5 PP)

Full-Power (-1 PP)

Minimum Range (-1 PP)

Rank 1 (1 PP)

Mighty (1 PP)

Homing x1 (+1 PP)

Rank 1 (1 PP)

Mighty (1 PP)

Indirect (+1 PP)

Rank 10 (20 PP)

Incurable (+1 PP)

Reversible (+1 PP)

Sedation (+1 PP)

Rank 10 (20 PP)

Incurable (+1 PP)

Reversible (+1 PP)

Sedation (+1 PP)

Rank 11 (33 PP)

Triggered 2 (+2 PP)

-----------------------

Rank 10 (10)

Rank 10 (10)

Drains Defense (1/Rank)

Rank 10 (10)

Drains Strength (1/Rank)

Rank 10 (10)

Change to Will Save (+0)

I probably won't get to a full audit until tomorrow, but at a glance here are a few things I noticed:

Rank 1 (1 PP)

Ranged Mighty (+1 PP/Rank and +1 PP/Strength) (+10 PP)

Accurate x 5 (+5 PP)

Check Required (Concentration) (-1 PP/Rank and -1 PP/Strength) (-10 PP)

Full-Power (-1 PP)

PP for this Power: 25

You have 15 ranks of Concentration and a Wis of 20. There is no way to fail the check, so this isn't actually a flaw, and isn't worth any "discount." I would be reluctant to approve any "Check Required" where your average chance of success was much greater than 50% (like the Unreliable flaw).

Also, this should cost 26 PPs. I think you forgot the cost of the Mighty power feat (required to be able to apply the extras bought on Strike to your Strength bonus).

All Traits of One Type (3/Rank)

Rank 11 (33 PP)

Triggered 2 (+2 PP)

Subtle 1 (+1 PP)

Check Required (-1/Rank) (-11 PP)

Which traits are being boosted?

I’m fairly sure that Drain Toughness is a legal application of One Rank Drain, but I’m not completely sure. Neither am I about Drain Defense.

I have no problem with either of those.

I probably won't get to a full audit until tomorrow, but at a glance here are a few things I noticed:

Rank 1 (1 PP)

Accurate x 5 (+5 PP)

Full-Power (-1 PP)

You have 15 ranks of Concentration and a Wis of 20. There is no way to fail the check, so this isn't actually a flaw, and isn't worth any "discount." I would be reluctant to approve any "Check Required" where your average chance of success was much greater than 50% (like the Unreliable flaw).

Also, this should cost 26 PPs. I think you forgot the cost of the Mighty power feat (required to be able to apply the extras bought on Strike to your Strength bonus).

Rank 11 (33 PP)

Triggered 2 (+2 PP)

Subtle 1 (+1 PP)

I’m fairly sure that Drain Toughness is a legal application of One Rank Drain, but I’m not completely sure. Neither am I about Drain Defense.

Rank 1 (1 PP)

Accurate x 5 (+5 PP)

Full-Power (-1 PP)

Rank 11 (33 PP)

Triggered 2 (+2 PP)

Subtle 1 (+1 PP)

Cost: Ability 38 + Combat 0 + Saves 0 + Skills 6 + Feats 12 + Powers (1 + 28 + 40 + 25) 94 - Drawbacks 0 = 150 PPs

1. I assume that this:

Reflex: 0 Ability Score + 0 Base Mod (+1 PP)

. . . is just a typo, and should be (+0 PP).

Rank 1 (1 PP)

Mighty (+1 PP)

Accurate x 5 (+5 PP)

Full-Power (-1 PP)

Minimum Range (-1 PP)

What does Minimum Range do?

3. It looks like your device adds up, but I am unsure what this is:

Hard to Lose (4/Rank)

Rank 7 (28 PP)

Total PP Cost: 36 PP

Grants 35 PP

Provides these Powers:

Rank 1 (1 PP)

Mighty (1 PP)

Homing x1 (+1 PP)

As I'm sure you guessed when you were typing this, there's no way we're going to allow an attack power bought down to Sustained duration.

The Refs will have to discuss this, but if it were up to me alone, I would not allow a Linked, Secondary Effect. I would probably make you pick one or the other.

Rank 11 (33 PP)

Triggered 2 (+2 PP)

You do know that you have to activate this slot in the array before the Triggered feats will work, and that you can only switch an array power once per round (free action)? This won't work as I think you intend . . . to get maxed out saves without actually paying for them.

Cost: Ability 38 + Combat 0 + Saves 0 + Skills 6 + Feats 12 + Powers (1 + 28 + 40 + 25) 94 - Drawbacks 0 = 150 PPs

1. I assume that this:

Rank 1 (1 PP)

Mighty (+1 PP)

Accurate x 5 (+5 PP)

Full-Power (-1 PP)

Minimum Range (-1 PP)

Hard to Lose (4/Rank)

Rank 7 (28 PP)

Grants 35 PP

Provides these Powers:

Rank 1 (1 PP)

Mighty (1 PP)

Homing x1 (+1 PP)

As I'm sure you guessed when you were typing this, there's no way we're going to allow an attack power bought down to Sustained duration.

The Refs will have to discuss this, but if it were up to me alone, I would not allow a Linked, Secondary Effect. I would probably make you pick one or the other.

Rank 11 (33 PP)

Triggered 2 (+2 PP)

You do know that you have to activate this slot in the array before the Triggered feats will work, and that you can only switch an array power once per round (free action)? This won't work as I think you intend . . . to get maxed out saves without actually paying for them.

1. I assume that this:

Rank 1 (1 PP)

Mighty (+1 PP)

Accurate x 5 (+5 PP)

Full-Power (-1 PP)

Minimum Range (-1 PP)

Hard to Lose (4/Rank)

Rank 7 (28 PP)

Grants 35 PP

Provides these Powers:

Rank 1 (1 PP)

Mighty (1 PP)

Homing x1 (+1 PP)

Rank 11 (33 PP)

Triggered 2 (+2 PP)

1. I assume that this:

1) Yes, that was a typo

2) It's mentioned in Ultimate Power under Damage. It's a drawback that forces that power to be used from 1/4 maximum range or farther.

3) Another typo, since I shifted around some points away from the Device Power to allow my powers to actually work out.

4) Actually, it says specifically under the Aura Extra that the Power has to be bought to Sustained duration. It doesn't actually MEAN that the damage itself is sustained. It just has to be done that way for the Aura power to work.

5) Ah, k. Not a problem then.

6) I'm not sure what you're getting at, in that you can just have that be the power that you start with. Before a battle, use Triggered Boost set to "When I'm in danger", then, when the power activates, you can then just take your free action to switch it to the attack power when it runs around to your turn. Regardless, it's not so much of a problem for me anyhow to take off the Triggered power and just use it manually at the beginning of combat. Makes this character significantly less powerful, but it's not like that was the point either way.

1. I assume that this:

1) Yes, that was a typo

2) It's mentioned in Ultimate Power under Damage. It's a drawback that forces that power to be used from 1/4 maximum range or farther.

3) Another typo, since I shifted around some points away from the Device Power to allow my powers to actually work out.

4) Actually, it says specifically under the Aura Extra that the Power has to be bought to Sustained duration. It doesn't actually MEAN that the damage itself is sustained. It just has to be done that way for the Aura power to work.

6) I'm not sure what you're getting at, in that you can just have that be the power that you start with. Before a battle, use Triggered Boost set to "When I'm in danger", then, when the power activates, you can then just take your free action to switch it to the attack power when it runs around to your turn. Regardless, it's not so much of a problem for me anyhow to take off the Triggered power and just use it manually at the beginning of combat. Makes this character significantly less powerful, but it's not like that was the point either way.

1. I assume that this:

1) Yes, that was a typo

1) Yes, that was a typo

2. Got it. I see it now. So that would be 250' feet (50 squares) or more at rank 10.

4. You are right! I completely misread your power entry, missing the Aura extra entirely. Sorry. :oops:

6. I think we are thinking the same thing then. No problems there.

Once we decide on Secondary Effect, and you make whatever changes you need to make (if any), and a second Ref approves your sheet, you'll be ready to go.

1) Yes, that was a typo

2. Got it. I see it now. So that would be 250' feet (50 squares) or more at rank 10.

4. You are right! I completely misread your power entry, missing the Aura extra entirely. Sorry. :oops:

Once we decide on Secondary Effect, and you make whatever changes you need to make (if any), and a second Ref approves your sheet, you'll be ready to go.

1) Yes, that was a typo