"When They Hear Oom Pah Pah!" (OOC)

Heritage

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, quick recap

Power Corp leader's readied an action to shoot Doc in the face if he sees you try anything.

He did not see Goss sneaking a tendril of hair towards him, nor did he see her attempted attack on him with said hair (it missed).

She tried distracting him with talking, but he does see through that.

He blasts up, and plans to leave.

Blast 9 (DC 24) vs. Toughness 5 walls (er, ceilings/roofs). Take 10 on Toughness save for the objects = 15. That fails by 9, putting it as "Injured" (-1 to further Toughness saves).

Extra Effort to SURGE and gain another standard action, to blast the ceiling again. GM Fiat to nix the fatigue; Gossamer get another HP.

Move action to fly up & away; standard to punch through the blast-weakened ceiling on the way out. Same damage from ramming, the damage it's already taken means it fails the save by 10, enough to make the ceilings "disabled" and for him to break through.

All is not as it appears, though, as explained in the IC thread ;)

So are you actually squeezing to damage this round? Or just holding him?

She's actually extremely tired and pissed off right now, so she's actually gonna try for damage this round (and quite possibly only this round), obviously nothing lethal or anything.

Also just did an edit to show that she is in fact attempting to draw him back down to her level for a bit of conversation.

I want Gossamer to basically take his gear apart piece by piece, using either brute force or possibly her hair as Improvsed Tool, though I'm not quite sure which. I see two problems with this.

1. Exactly what mechanic would be involved? Would it be Disable Device, straight-up Strength check or what?

2. Since she used all her hair in the grapple, how would that effect it if she peeled some hair free to manipulate stuff?

Technically, their armor, as a Hard to Lose Device, can only be removed when he's Helpless. Grappled =/= Helpless.

However, the last time Doc faced the Power Corps (Scarab was GMing), I was able to shut down their armor with a DC 30 Disable Device check as a full round action (and spending a HP)... but that's b/c Doc has loads of Mental Quickness, it'd normally take several rounds or could be done in one round at DC 50. With Goss's +5 on Disable Device, this isn't really an option.

If you're looking to break it, that'd be like breaking any other object. Devices have a Toughness of (rank + 10), and the Power Corp's armor is Device 18, so that's... Toughness 28. As a full round action, she could try and break the "unattended" (he's not preventing you from doing so, since he's stunned this round) object, but that'd requires a (Damage + Super-Str) effect of 28+ to break it, and her Damage + Super-Str is only 13.

*thinks*

Since I definitely think she should be able to do something, I'd allow Goss to destroy parts of the armor (i.e., certain powers in it, like the Flight, or the Blast, or the Communications/Super-Senses, etc.) at a reduced Toughness. Essentially, treat the armor as a group of Devices, not one big Device.

Since I definitely think she should be able to do something, I'd allow Goss to destroy parts of the armor (i.e., certain powers in it, like the Flight, or the Blast, or the Communications/Super-Senses, etc.) at a reduced Toughness. Essentially, treat the armor as a group of Devices, not one big Device.

Okay, so let's have her target Flight, so he can't get away; what do I need to roll?

I'll say his Flight (Flight 5) would be in Device 2, so Toughness 12. Which is less than her Damage + Super-Str (of 13), so if she spends a full round working on it, she breaks it.

Convenient, that ;)

No need to roll, and it does not affect your Grapple (since Additional Limbs & Elongation both give bonuses to Grapple).

I'll say his Flight (Flight 5) would be in Device 2, so Toughness 12. Which is less than her Damage + Super-Str (of 13), so if she spends a full round working on it, she breaks it.

Convenient, that ;)

No need to roll, and it does not affect your Grapple (since Additional Limbs & Elongation both give bonuses to Grapple).

Sweet! So just do an IC post where she casually rips his flight apparatus apart as she speaks to him in level, menacing voice?

Intimidate check: 1d20+3=15

Can I blow an HP on a reroll? Gossamer really can't stand this guy, especially now that his reasons for the good Doctor's abduction are so frickin' petty, and I think her intense hatred of him would help a lot on the check.

Also, let me know if that tirade of her's seems too out of line :D