"When They Hear Oom Pah Pah!" (OOC)

Heritage

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd said it wasn't Grapple, it'd be a Disarm attempt, so it'd just a Str check (with Super-Str figured in) for the Disarm check... but, for Gossamer, that'd be a +23, not +33 so that's a 29 total, which still beats the Power Corps guy's 18. ;)

Initiative & Conditions

20 -- Power Corps #7 -- Unharmed

13A -- Power Corps #5 -- Unharmed

13B -- Power Corps #3 -- Unharmed

10 -- Gossamer -- 3 HP -- Unharmed

9 -- Doc -- 3 HP -- Staggered, Unconscious

8 -- Power Corps #1 -- Unharmed

They all open fire on Gossamer.

Four attack vs. Gossamer (1d20+11=29, 1d20+11=29, 1d20+11=29, 1d20+11=23) :shock:

Soo... that's four DC 24 Toughness saves I'll need from ya.

(all nonlethal ;) )

Soo... that's four DC 24 Toughness saves I'll need from ya.

(all nonlethal ;) )

Hmm. Without her suit (she didn't have Quick Change until after this thread, in fact it's why she took it!) her Toughness save is +4, which means she may well fail all of them; does she have time to power stunt some sort of shield or protective barrier? :(

If you get four 20s in a row, she'd make 'em....

*ahem*

Technically, no, you wouldn't, since you can only use Extra Effort (to stunt something) when it's your turn.

But, I'll let you spend 1 HP now to do so.

Oh thank you, o wise and beneficent one! After this thread, it shouldn't be a problem in the future, with the old QC.

First one failed by 1, that's a bruise (which'll impose a -1 on Toughness saves).

Second one passes with flying colors.

Third one fails by 10 (due to that bruise), which puts her at staggered (can only take a move or a standard action each round) & stunned.

Being stunned might cause her Force Field to fail; it falls unless she can make a DC 18 Concentration check.

Assuming the FF stays up, the fourth save failed by 6, so that's another bruise & another stunned.

(If the FF fell, then she failed by 14, which is another staggered & stunned... but 2 staggereds = unconscious)

You could use an HP to re-roll that third Toughness save. At the least you'd get a 22, which'd only fail by 2, so you'd just get another bruise.

If you don't do that, I will need a Concentration check from you, to see if your FF stays up.

If you don't re-roll the Tougnhess save, and the Concentration check fails, and she's knocked unconscious, you'll get 2 HP: one for being KO'd, and one for losing the good mad Doktor.

Excellent! So that means the 3rd one passed.

So in total, she's got 2 bruises (one from the 1st save, one from the 4th), and is stunned.

Crud, that meas she still needs to make a Concentration check (DC 18) to see if her FF falls.

On second though, no, it doesn't; while she's stunned they're not going to attack her again (so it won't matter if her FF's up or not), they're just gonna re-grab Doc and jet off. Once she's able to act again, they'll be about half a mile away.

Have an HP for the setback.

That actually works out perfectly nicely... but the books I need aren't on my comp at work, so I'll have to postpone an IC post.

Spoiler, though: before finding Doc & the Power Corps, she finds someone else, doing something rather criminal ;)

Cool! I can do a quick IC of her thanking the trio and swinging into action.