"When They Hear Oom Pah Pah!" (OOC)

Heritage

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Important note!

The one at the entrance, and the two by the banks o' machines, are treated as Minions (which means you can Take 10 on attacking them, and they fall if they fail a Toughness save even by 1). The one kneeling, the leader, is a full heroic (er, villainous) character.

Are you going to use that HP to nix the fatigue using EE would impose (leaving Goss at fatigued)? Not doing so will put her down to exhausted.

Taking 10 gets Goss a 19 (due to fatigue) on her attack, which does just hit them.

Toughness saves: Toughness saves, DC 24 (1d20+11=22, 1d20+11=21, 1d20+11=23)

All fail, and since they're treated as Minions, all fall unconscious. Huzzah!

And now some initiative should be rolled.

initiative (1d20+5=8)

You beat his initiative, so you'll be going again!

Initiative & Conditions

16 -- Gossamer -- Fatigued, 0 HP

8 -- Power Corps #1 -- Unharmed, NPC

Fatigued: Fatigued characters cannot move all out or charge and suffer a

–2 penalty to effective Strength and Dexterity and a –1 penalty on attack

and defense. A fatigued character who does something else that would

normally cause fatigue becomes exhausted.

The speech you gave and the circumstances do put things in your favor...

Sense Motive check to oppose Intimidate (1d20+9=20)

... but not +16 points in your favor.

Using Extra Effort to improve his Blast by 2 ranks (to Blast 11). GM Fiat to nix the fatigue; you get a Hero Point.

Move Action to use Assessment.

I need a Bluff check from you, to oppose his use of the Assessment feat. You do get your Attractive bonus on this, since this is an attempt ti deceive him.

Sense Motive check for Assessment (1d20+9=29)

:shock:

You'd need to roll an 18+ to beat that

Standard Action to be determined by whether or not he reads you (i.e., how you do on the Bluff check).

Next is Gossamer getting shot in the face.

Well, maybe not the face per se.

His successful use of the Assessment feats tells him Gossamer's Attack and Defense are both lower than his own, but not considerably so. He's thus use Power Attack on the shot, decreasing attack by -2 to improve damage by +2.

Attack vs. Gossamer; EE to improve ranks of attack by +2; Power Attack for +/-2; total DC of attack is 28 (1d20+9=11)

That misses!

IC post coming soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly, that does indeed miss.

Move Action to move.

Standard Action to Ready to blast Archeville if Gossamer moves. (I.e., to not set him off, it's your Stealth vs. his Notice)

End of round 2.

Okay, gonna try and have Gossamer sneak a hair tendril around the baseboard and grab him from behind.

Untrained Stealth check: 1d20+3=9 Whoopie :roll:

Reroll Stealth check with HP: 1d20+3+10=25 Hmm, can you let me know if he fails that before I move on to the Attack and Grapple rolls?

Sorry, I realized after I posted the above that it's not fair me asking if he fails the Notice check before deciding if she's going to hit him, so here is the to hit roll; if I miss, well then we see what happens next.

To Hit: 1d20+10=15 I have a feeling this does miss :(

No, no, the Stealth check should be coming first; since he's readied an action to shoot Doc in the face if she does anything, we need to see if he notices her doing anything. (such is the peril of readied actions.)

If he makes the Notice check, he reacts during that split-second between when she initiates her attack (or whatever) and the time the attack reaches him (note I said "reaches him," not "connects" ;) ).

So, Power Corps leader's Notice check vs. Goss's Stealth (DC 25) is... me handwaving, since his modifier's only +5, so rather than say he's got a 1-in-20 chance of noticing, I'll just say he fails.

So he does not get his readied action, and her attack could KO him and-

15 does miss the bad guy :(

15 does miss the bad guy :(

I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate Invisible Castle, and clearly it hates me. I am so buying Lucky 2 for Gossamer next month, because frickin' hero points make the world go 'round.

Edit: Ok, so I'm not sure what to post IC. She sneaks the tendril past him, but she misses; does this mean she can leave it lying there unseen and try again next round?