"When They Hear Oom Pah Pah!" (OOC)

Heritage

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is how Disarm goes by the books

As a standard action, you may attempt to knock an item such as a weapon or device out of an opponent’s hand. Make an attack roll against the defender. If you attempt to disarm with a ranged attack, you are at –4 on your attack roll. If your attack succeeds, make an opposed roll of your attack’s damage against the defender’s Strength. If you win, the defender is disarmed. If you attempted the disarm action as an unarmed attack, you now have the weapon. Otherwise, the defender drops it. If you make a disarm attempt with a melee weapon and lose, the defender may immediately make an attempt to disarm you as a reaction, without an attack roll.

So now roll your damage (which'd be +10) vs.their Strength.

Since there's two, one will Aid Another, to give a +2 bonus.

They got 18 total.

If you win, you've got the crate (since Gossamer's hair counts as an "unarmed attack").

Goss used 1 HP to re-roll her Disarm check, so (I believe) she's down to 1 now.

Initiatives

14 -- Gossamer -- 1 HP

11 -- Scrounge

7 --Minions (5)

Scrounge attacks from a hidden position, and just manages to hit, but his attack can't get through Goss's Impervious Toughness.

GM Fiat to have him SURGE (gains an HP), as he flies up about 30 feet, then attacks with a some stun-gas (Cloud Area Stun). DC 15 Fort save.

2 Minions attack with their guns. One hits (24), one misses (8); no crits, so Goss's suit protects her.

The other three reach into the crate they're taking and bring out... things. One's something that's not really useful, one's a completeley fake replica, but No. 3 is an actual Foundry energy rifle. That one hits (23); the damage equals her Imp Toughness, so I need a DC 23 Toughness save.

Ok, Goss is looking to stunt the Hair-Blower effect from UP on page 185 to both clear away the gas and hopefully knock some of these clowns on their butts. If I'm reading it right, she would have the equivillent of Super-Breath based of Super-Strength 3, correct? This would create a cone of wind thirty feet wide and thirty feet long.

The three Gossamer blows at all fail, so all are knocked prone.

Are they blown away? Knockback calculation time!

Two failed the initial Ref save, so it's a "Damage" 5 effect. 5 & Knockback of -2 = 3, which works out to being blown back 5 feet.

One (the one with the big spider leg) made the initial Ref save, so it's a "Damage" 2 effect. 2 & Knockback -2 = 0, so he's just knocked prone.

More importantly, is the gas blown away? I'll say it works (mechanically) the same as using Super-Breath to blow out flames, i.e. you blow away gas of a rank equal to (your Super-Breath/Hair-Fan check -10) or less. Your check was a 15, 15-10=5, and 5 is the rank to beat, so away goes the gas, blown over the three minions at the truck!

Before I continue: power stunting makes you fatigued. Do you wish to spend Gossamer's last HP to nix that?

Alrighty.

Round 2

Gossamer -- 1 HP, fatigued

Scrounge

Minions

Gossamer blew.

Scrounge fires at a nearby car, hoping to blow it up and start a nasty fire that Gossamer'd (hypothetically) need to tend to.

Full-Size car is defense 8, Toughness +9.

Of course he criticals the car...

Can objects be crit-ed? I'll say yes, at least in this case; his blast hit the gas tank precisely.

Car's toughness save = Toughness save, DC 27 (1d20+9=25)! Fails by 2, so that's an "injured," and it's Toughness is reduced by -1.

Evidently the owner put in some armor plating around his gas tank ;)

He spends his move action gawking/cursing his luck.

The three knocked-prone Minions stand and look for something else to use, while the two in the Museum rummage through random crates.

One gets a book.

The other gets a funky goop-spewing gauntlet (a Snare 5 effect).

Attack vs. Gossamer (Defense 18); DC 15 Reflex save if it hits (1d20+5=21)

That hits, so I need a DC 15 Reflex save from ya.

Minions Reflex Saves: Reflex saves (DC 20) (1d20+1=15, 1d20+1=20, 1d20+1=17, 1d20+1=4, 1d20+1=17)

No.2 (Spider-Leg-Man) just made it, the rest failed. No.2 only faces a DC 20 Toughness save, the rest face a DC 25 Toughness save.

Minion Toughness Saves: Toughness saves (1d20+5=24, 1d20+5=24, 1d20+5=11, 1d20+5=8, 1d20+5=21)

No.2 passes! The rest fail, and since they're Minions, any failure = KO.

(Clearly the Spider-Leg bestows phenomenal luck powers!)

Scrounge's Ref Save: Reflex save (1d20+5=13) fails, so he faces a DC 25 Toughness save

Scrounge's Toughness Save: Toughness save (1d20+7=8) Fails by 17! He is KO'd!