Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Heritage

"When They Hear Oom Pah Pah!" (OOC)

Recommended Posts

OOC thread for Gossamer and Dr A's night out at the biergarten.

I don't see Herr Doktor as being the kind of guy who drives a lot, hence the rented car and driver; let me know if I need to change that, D-A.

Share this post


Link to post

He actually prefers flying around (or teleporting in), but given the circumstances he'd rent a car & driver. :)

The driver's resemblance to Marty McFly is a complete coincidence.... ;)

Share this post


Link to post

He actually prefers flying around (or teleporting in), but given the circumstances he'd rent a car & driver. :)

Yeah, that's pretty much what I figured.

The driver's resemblance to Marty McFly is a complete coincidence.... ;)

A stretch DeLorean? :D

Share this post


Link to post

De vay I see it, if you're going to show up at a biergarten in a car, vhy not do it mit some style?

Share this post


Link to post

Oh, I meant to state this earlier: Doc's got his Enhanced Charisma on.

Bucka-chucka-wam-wam! :love:

Share this post


Link to post

Oh, unless you had another date already in mind, I was thinking this could be occurring on Friday, July 10th (2 weeks after she'd come back to Freedom).

Share this post


Link to post

Oh, unless you had another date already in mind, I was thinking this could be occurring on Friday, July 10th (2 weeks after she'd come back to Freedom).

That works fine for me.

Share this post


Link to post

Crud, I was hoping to post here tonight, bit now it's gotten late; you're first up tomorrow night, Doc! :D

Share this post


Link to post

And now... SUPERVILLAINS!

I'm going to assume Estelle has her Devices, either under her clothing or super-compacted into her purse.

Initiative for the Bad Guys

#1: 8

#3: 17

#5: 13

#7: 20

And Doc has a 9.

So right now, the combat order is:

20 -- Power Corps #7

17 -- Power Corps #3

13 -- Power Corps #5

9 -- Doc

8 -- Power Corps #1

For the purposes of this thread, #1 (the field commander) will be treated as a proper Villain, and the rest will be considered Minions.

No surprise, but everyone is flat-footed until they have had a chance to act.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm going to assume Estelle has her Devices, either under her clothing or super-compacted into her purse.

Hmm. In the 'Team Science' thread set after this one, she specifically says that it's 'murder to get into' her outfit, so logically I'm thinking she doesn't have her Devices; adding Quick Change is starting to sound like a real good excuse for an upgraded suit.

Perhaps she can stunt Protection with her hair? I had an idea for that, actually.

Estelle got a 10

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, she could stunt Protection 8 (giving her +12 total) & Prehensile Hair 2 from her Prehensile Hair 10. Though I think Force Field might be a better mechanic for it.

Be aware, though, that you'll have to use Extra Effort to do so, and use it any time you switch out of Force Field mode to some other use of your hair and then back to Force Field, since the temporary power feat/power stunt lasts for the duration of the encounter or until it's no longer maintained, whichever comes first.

And being totally bereft of her Device would easily be worth a Hero Point for the setback. ;)

Initiative & Conditions

20 -- Power Corps #7 -- Unharmed

17 -- Power Corps #3 -- Unharmed

13 -- Power Corps #5 -- Unharmed

10 -- Gossamer -- 2 HP -- Unharmed

9 -- Doc -- 3 HP -- Unharmed

8 -- Power Corps #1 -- Unharmed

No's 7, 3 and 5 hold their action, waiting for when/if Archeville appears.

Share this post


Link to post

As per Doc's post above, using HP to convert PH 10 to Force Field 8 and PH 2.

Share this post


Link to post

Free action to switch on Cloaking field.

Spend an HP to surge and gain an extra Move action.

Move action to... move, and full round to switch from Enhanced Charisma to Enhanced Intelligence. He's gonna beat them with his mind.

Or so he thinks.

They know Doc can cloak themselves, so they've upgraded their armor to see through his cloak. (Well, not "see", thy have an Accurate Counters Concealment Radius Ranged Radio Sense.)

No.1 tries to Intimidate/demoralize Gossamer. -5 for doing so as a Move action, and he gets

(20:10:01) FreedomBot: Dr_Archeville rolls 1d20 and gets 14.

14+3 is 17 total. You can resist with either Intimidate, Sense Motive, or a Will save. If you fail, she's shaken (-2 on attack & rolls) for one round.

As his standard action, he blasts as you.

(20:12:16) FreedomBot: Dr_Archeville rolls 1d20 and gets 6.

6+11 is 17, which just misses Gossamer.

End round 1.

No.7 also fires on Gossamer.

(20:14:02) FreedomBot: Dr_Archeville rolls 1d20 and gets 10.

10+11 is 21, enough to hit her. Need a DC 24 Toughness save; remember that if it stuns you, you may be knocked back.

No. 3 holds while No.5 turns around, and then they shoot... at Archeville!

(20:15:27) FreedomBot: Dr_Archeville rolls 1d20 and gets 2.

(20:15:29) FreedomBot: Dr_Archeville rolls 1d20 and gets 15.

2+11 is 13, misses.

15+11 is 26, which hits. Doc needs to make a DC 24 Toughness save.

(20:16:18) FreedomBot: Dr_Archeville rolls 1d20 and gets 11.

11+13 is 24, which just makes it. Doc is fine, though he knows they can see him, so he's upset at that.

Initiative & Conditions

20 -- Power Corps #7 -- Unharmed

13A -- Power Corps #5 -- Unharmed

13B -- Power Corps #3 -- Unharmed

10 -- Gossamer -- 2 HP -- Unharmed?

9 -- Doc -- 2 HP -- Unharmed

8 -- Power Corps #1 -- Unharmed

Share this post


Link to post

Initiative & Conditions

20 -- Power Corps #7 -- Unharmed

13A -- Power Corps #5 -- Unharmed

13B -- Power Corps #3 -- Unharmed

10 -- Gossamer -- 2 HP -- Unharmed

9 -- Doc -- 2 HP -- Unharmed

8 -- Power Corps #1 -- Unharmed

Gossamer's attack hits Defense 13; that misses.

Doc weighs the options, and de-cloaks and tries to negotiate.

PC #1 monologues, but just a little.

Nos. 7, 5, and 3 open fire on Doc. Two of the three hit (24, 30, 17 vs. Defense 18).

Doc does... poorly. A 14 and a 5 on the Toughness saves mean he's Staggered, Stunned, and Unconscious.

Doc and Gossamer both gain an HP as the Corps surges to get enough actions to scoop up and carry Doc away.

Well, I had meant to find some way to have Doc be preoccupied so he didn't take them all out with some techno-gadgetry and leave you doing nothing, but now it looks like Gossamer will really get to shine!

Share this post


Link to post

Roll to Snare and retrieve Doc: 1d20+10=25

Am I doing it right? The plan is to shoot out a tentacle and drag the unconcious Doc back from his assailants.

Share this post


Link to post

No.

Her Hair-Snare has the Engulf extra, so she has to be in melee range to use it. And when using that Snare, she 'loses' her Prehensile Hair power (since they're APs of one another), so she loses the 100 foot range of her Prehensile Hair.

However, you could just reach out and grapple him.

Share this post


Link to post

However, you could just reach out and grapple him.

So can I use that roll for a grapple check?

Share this post


Link to post

Sure!

EDIT: Now that I've thought on it more, I think a Disarm check, not grapple, might be more appropriate. But I'll give you the bonus that your elasticity/prehensile hair gives on grapple checks to the disarm check.

So the 15 you rolled, +10 (Gossamer's melee attack) = 25, enough to hit.

So now it's opposed Str checks (remember that her Super-Str does add to this check).

Power Corps member has a 18

Share this post


Link to post
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...