Mike shifted uncomfortably in his seat. This whole thing seems like trouble waiting to happen. He tried not to be to obviously keeping an eye on the situation but wasn't exactly a master of subtlety.

He glanced to Erin, "He thinks he's got it under control we'll give him a bit before we crash the party."

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Candy' kept flirting with Chris as the evening went on, putting her hand on his and giving him a secret smile that seemed to promise all sorts of exciting things. It wasn't easy to get his hand out of hers, either, and not just because of her attractiveness. She had a grip like an octopus. She asked him all sorts of questions about himself, batting her eyes and gazing deeply into his, not seeming terribly convincing to his jaded Gecko-palate.

Over at the other table, Mark joined his colleagues in keeping a watchful eye on the Gecko situation, but it was hard for him to get too worried about it. Especially once it started getting dark and Madman Finale's opening act Tempest in a Teapot came on! As the room fell quiet, the lovely lady duo sung their favorite acappellas like "Opening Band" and "In Your Town."

Finally, to great applause, the ladies stepped off to make way for Madman Finale! As the band began their opening number "We Are All On Drugs," Mark carefully got up to walk over to the merchandise table. Winning the trivia contest there got him what he was after, and he came back with Madman Finale shirts and visors for everybody. "In case we need to do something fast," he commented quietly. "We don't want our faces getting on the news here. Look at all the cameraphones people have."

"Ohhh! Good Idea!" Eddie's eyes lit up at the prospect of yet another Band Shirt to stick in his wardrobe.

Eddie gladly accepted accepted the t-shirt and Visor from Mark. He pulled the T-shirt on over his own Weezer shirt, he momentarily pulled off his headphones and slipped the visor on his head. He cocked the visor slightly to the side and then replaced his headphones.

"Hey" He grabbed mark's arm as he was sitting back down after handing out the wardrobe change. "A few of us should go up and dance. Might give us a better angle on the situation." Eddie nodded in Chris' direction.

"I'm gonna go up there. See if you can send one or two of the others up too."

Eddie moved to the small area that had been cleared to be used as a dance floor. Soon enough, more people started joining him, attracted by his infectious dancing skills.

Alex wasn't enjoying her first concert over much. The music was good, but she was dutifully keeping mental tabs on the pair in the corner which was both embarassing and uncomfortable. Although emotionally well adjusted, Alex could have done without the window into the teen boy's psyche.

She was halfway tempted to go and dance with Eddie just to get away from the stirring of her water with oddly timed blushes. For someone who had spent such time shielding her thoughts, Alex was feeling a little exposed with them down.

She accepted the shirts and visor from Mark with a smile of thanks and pulled the shirt over her head.

Erin had one arm resting on the table by now, chin propped on her fist as she watched the music. She'd already eaten both her granola bars, mostly for something to do, and was now mostly waiting for the thing to be over. She considered that a success, actually. Feeling bored and restless in the middle of a crowd of strangers was a lot better than being so edgy she couldn't even sit still.

When Mark handed her the shirt, she turned it over and looked at it. "Thanks," she said, a little dubiously, but didn't put it on. She also didn't turn it down, though. An extra shirt was a substantial addition to her wardrobe, and not something to be sneezed at. "What do you expect to happen?" Chris and his "girlfriend" didn't seem ready to bust up the joint, at least not at the moment.

Mike settles mak into his seat and focuses mostly on the music as the main act opens up. His gaze wanders to Chris and the dangerous woman pawing at him upon ocasion with a look of consternation but his and Marks assuracnes that all is well seem reasonable enough.

As Mark hands over the shirt and visor Mike accepts them graciously, "Thanks Mark" and pulls the shirt on over the long sleeved one he was waring for option two of his three universal looks.

He sets the visor of the table in front of him and settles back into the concert shooting occasional questioning looks to Alex over her discomfort.

Mark didn't know what to make of Erin's reaction to the concert. He was savvy enough to tell that she wasn't thrilled about being here, but she didn't seem particularly discontent with her unhappiness. She was a mystery. Truthfully, he was more concerned about Alex and Chris; Alex for the obvious discomfort she was experiencing, Chris for the danger he'd put himself in. But there was only so much he could do in situations like this, so he settled for keeping a close eye on them, only half-paying attention to the concert. Truthfully, attention wasn't something which he usuall paid, and the deficit in his mental bank account wasn't something he really noticed.

At the end of the concert, when everyone but the superheroes was distracted by the rocking final performance of "Troublemaker," he did notice the lovely green-haired woman who walked over to join Chris and 'Candy,' a big smile on her face. Leaning over to his friends, he gave them a nudge, watching as the woman introduced herself.

"Oh hi, Candy," she said with a warm smile at her friend. "Is this the guy you texted me about?" She beamed at Chris. "I'm Dee-Dee," and at her words, she gave Chris a long, deep look that seemed to probe him to his very core.

Eddie's idea of trying to get a better vantage point had obviously been a bad one. Either he could not see what was going on over by the table, or he was too busy dancing with a group of college girls to care.

Eddie had noticed that there were a few new arrivals at the table. He just didn't know what exactly was going on. He planned to stop by the table after he was done trying to cheer the band back on for an encore...

"She's trying to hypnotize him!," Alex said, her hands flattening on the table, and her pixie-features flattening into a scowl. It was the first time her classmates had seen Alex not just pissed but down-right angry. Having vast mental powers that she kept under control at all times, one of the few things that truely, truely upset Alex was someone abusing similar powers. Then, the gloves were off. A frown of mutinous determination settled on her lips. "That's it! I have had it. Let's see how she likes a taste of her own medicine."

'Chris, she's trying to hypnotize her. Don't look into her eyes!' Alex snapped accross the mental link she'd kept up all evening.

Then Aled fixed her attention on the green-haired girl, seeing of she could fill the manipulator with boredom with their current target.

"And that's just about enough criminal activity, right?" Erin snapped to Edge. In one fluid movement she was up, skirting the table to stand behind Chris. Unceremoniously, she plucked him from the chair with no apparent effort, holding him with one arm around his waist. "We're getting out of here." Still moving very quickly, she headed for the door and out into the back alley.

Crud, so this is why I wasn't emotion controlled! Erin was! Hmmm... She's too strong to force my way free, but I could try THIS! The silver-tongued teenager immediately started wriggling. "C'mon, squeeze me tighter... you know I love it." Oh god, I hope this works. I don't want to be a skeezball for no material gain.

"She started it!" Alex said in hot outrage that might have been amusing given Alex's usual temperment and general threat level. Unless, of course, one counted the psychic prowess she was clearly ready to use.

She lifted her chin at the other girl defiantly, her posture bristling with outrage as she narrowed her eyes and focused on wresting control of the girl's mind away from her.

Edge was on his feet quickly, pulling his cap down to cover his eyes. Can't give away my identity, can't give away my identity... But if they got into a fight in the middle of the bar, who knew what disasters might happen? Not here, not like this! He thought hard, trying desperately to think of a solution as some of the more watchful people started to react to Erin's drive-by Gecko-snatching, when suddenly the two supervillians bolted to their feet! "Cheezit!" yelled "Dee-Dee," keeping her brain isolated from Psyche's probing by sheer force of malignant will.

As the two lady supervillians bolted for the bar door, Edge pulled his Madman Finale hat down low over his eyes and yelled "Stay inside, folks! We'll handle this! Come on, team! We'll show them how we do it!" With that, he bolted out the door right after the two fleeing bad guys.

Mike was still trying to figure out what exactly had gone one to make everyone lose it when Mark bolted after the fleeing women. He stood and with a shrug followed Mark in case his delusions of competance got him in over his head with actual villians.

As he caught up with Mark he asked in as hushed a tone as he could manage, "What are you doing? I mean protecting Chris is one thing but I don't particularly want to be these chicks plaything either."

"We can handle this," Edge informed Mike confidently. "They're just bad guys." The two boys piled outside after the two supervillians amid the startled exclamations of the crowd, Edge's earlier boast fortunately enough to keep the concertgoers in their seats. Outside, Edge and Mike were just in time to run into the two girls in the alley just as Candy and Dee-Dee encountered Erin and Chris outside. There was a momentary pause as the various groups of young people stared at each other suspiciously, waiting to see who would make the next move.

"Oh boy, looks like there's a party outside!" Eddie perked up. "and i do love a good party..."

Eddie switched one of his iPods onto a cool jazz tune and quickly swooped out the door after the rest of the group.

"Woah woah woah, people! What's going on here? Let's all just try and cool down for a second!" Eddie placated them.

Dee-Dee wobbled a little bit, the alarm on her face settling down into controlled calm. Candy did the same, but being calm didn't stop either of the two women from trying to get away from the teenagers chasing them. Just because they weren't upset didn't mean they wanted to get caught and have to explain a lot of awkward details about who'd been planning to sell who as cheap household labor. It did mean they didn't attack as they broke apart and tried to move past Erin and Chris, one on each side.

Alex followed in the wake of her friends with grim determination and followed the boys out into the back alley as quickly as she could. She slammed the door open and glanced from one girl to the other. It might be easier to take the girl that wasn't a psychic under but that went still against Psyche's moral code. They had numbers on these two girls after all and, to Alex's mind, she was better equiped to take the psychic on. Chin firming in determination she struck out at the girl's thoughts again.

Crapcrapcrapcrapcrap... "Wander! Grab Candy!" called Edge, giving her a hopeful look. "Psyche, see if you can get both of them at once!" He kept an eye out on both the bad guys, hoping desperately that they could still pull this one off. They had an emotion-controller, a mentalist, and two powerhouses; how hard could it be?