"You'll love these guys," said Mark confidently. "Whatever happens tonight, we'll have a great time." He smiled at Alex, then leaned over to Chris. "I think the redhead at the table across from Eddie likes you," he murmured. "Did you see the way she was looking at you when you came over here? She's got kind of a...thing, going on." Sure enough, the pretty redhead with the freckles did indeed shoot a look back at the handsome young men at the other table and then blush, looking away again.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike paused uncertainly as the group arrayed themselves around the table before taking his seat next to Erin. He smiled politely at the waitress and requested Ice water before tuning back into the conversation in time to be relived that there wasn't the kind of 'Wild Pit' that Chris had refered to.

As Chris headed off to strik up convorsation Mike slumpped back in his chair and agreed "Yea this should be a good show," and added with a glance to Erin "and not way to cramped either."

"So, you guys must have won tickets too." Eddie said, noting that they were sitting at the second table reserved for ticket winners. "Five bucks says I know which one of you got lucky." Eddie smiled at Mark.

Eddie turned back to the front of the room. "So once the concert gets going, we should try and get people dancing up there on that dance floor." he said, changing the subject. "Nothing too crazy though. It sounds like you guy's aren't too fond of mosh pits..."

"I'm okay," Erin murmured aloud to Alex, just loud enough to be heard under the buzz of voices and music. She raised her voice a little to talk to Mike on her other side. "I'm glad we got a reserved table. It looks like it's going to be pretty crowded in the back." With a shrug, she added, "If it gets too crowded, we can always take off. It's not so far to go back if you can run or fly fast." She took the bottle of ketchup on the table out of its holder, turning it around in her fingers idly as she looked around. Chris seemed to be the classmate doing the most interesting thing at the moment, so she kept an eye on him and the redhead.

"Yeah," said Mark, staring straight at Eddie, "it's funny how those two things both happened to us." Unable to keep the serious face on more than a couple of seconds, he grinned and scooped up a napkin, tossing it at Eddie. "You're not biting on me, are you, Eddie? Next thing I know you'll be moving in with Mike and trying to steal my grapple gun." He punched Eddie lightly in the arm in that way guys do when they're bonding with each other, and leaned back with a relaxed expression on his face. "It's all right, man. There's enough luck to go around." He studied Chris' approach to the table for a moment, then pulled out a nifty little pair of sunglasses he kept in his front pocket. Donning them, he pointed straight at Chris and fired his finger like a gun.

Nearby, the pretty redhead looked up at Chris with a smile on her face. "Uh, hi," she said, still blushing. "Sorry if you saw me staring..."

"Dancing?! Uhm, I didn't think there'd be dancing. It's cool, I can hold on to the table for you guys if you wanna go." Alex looked even more wide-eyed at the thought. She was used to being clutzy most of the time but dancing in the midst of the crowd sounded like a good way to make a spectacular fool of herself. She doubted Mark had enough luck in the world to make up for the fact that she had two left feet. It was really unfair since her mother was so darned co-ordinated but to each their own.

She hadn't appeared to notice Eddie's thoughts but that was because Alex was firmly sheilded. The last thing she wanted to do was accidentally pick up or, worse, project outward at the crowd.

"Hah! No way! Quit it!" Eddie laughed, shoving Mark's hand away. "'Sides, I don't need your grapple gun. I can fly, remember?" Eddie smiled. He was going to get along with Mark just fine.

He turned back to Alex. "Oh don't be such a party pooper. I'm a really good dancer. I can teach you." Eddie smiled at Alex. It was definitely a friendly smile, and Alex could tell he was being up front with her.

"Oh, I don't know," said Mark with a smile at Alex and Eddie, "I think there are lots of ways of appreciating music. There's getting up and thrashing and dancing around, and that's cool and all, and there's just sitting around with friends and having a good time. Nothing wrong with either of those." Though he hadn't thought to plan it out in advance, his seating arrangement had luckily put him right next to Alex. There was a brief interruption as their waitress brought their drinks and snacks, breaking up their little tete'a'tete for a moment.

-

At the nearby table, Chris (and Erin, watching nearby) noticed a couple of things about the pretty girl who was flirting with him. What they'd both mistaken for blushing was actually skin color, the girl he was talking to had noticeably red skin only half-concealed by an intensive makeup job. Her skin was oddly shiny, too, looking either artificial or the victim of an unfortunate skin condition. And while she was definitely flirting with Chris, the meek, shy persona she was projecting wasn't her real personality. She seemed more...intense than she was allowing herself to appear to be, harder and sharper-edged. Something else was going on.

Erin studied Chris and his conversation for a moment, her brow furrowing. She leaned over to Alex. "Hey, could you, ah tell Chris," she asked, waving her hand vaguely, "that there's something weird going on with the girl he's flirting with? She doesn't look like a normal person." At the same time, she half-stood up from her seat, just in case something was going to happen.

Ok, odd appearance, and concealing her mannerisms. Hah. At the risk of sounding arrogant, you can't play the best player in town. Wait... Am I apologising to my inner monologue? After flirting for a bit and exchanging pleasantries, Chris decided to coax out who she really was. "So, what is it you do? I like your make-up, by the way."

Alex looked up from the grateful smile she'd aimed at Mark to give a startled look to Erin before she opened up her senses to the room, and directed her gaze to the girl in question.

'Hi, Chris, its Alex, her mental tone projected at Chris, tinged with appology, Erin says there's something weird - wrong - with your friend. Want me to guage her mood?'

She's tried disguising a red skin tone with make-up heavily applied make-up. Also, she's not as shy as she acts, she's possibly a bit harsher and more severe behind the act. Nobody can play a player. But, yeah, give her a quick scan, there's only so much I can work out of her without giving the game up.

Erin gave Eddie one annoyed glance before ignoring him, then sat back down in her chair, still alert. "I'm fine," she told Mike, softly enough that it wouldn't carry far. "Something's rubbing me wrong about that girl Chris is talking to. She's got a weird vibe to her. I'm trying to keep an eye on them." She took a sip of her water, keeping an eye on the situation a few tables over.

Mike blinked a couple times then processed what she had said. Did Erin have a thing for Chris I mean he was kinda wacky but I guess in a fun way, 'This could get awkward' he thought to himself then leaned in to ask Erin "Should we warn him or something? I can go over if you don't want to, uhm cause trouble."

The redhead didn't look particularly happy with the comment about her makeup, but she smiled anyway. It didn't look like she was letting a bad moment get in the way of her flirtation. "I'm Candy," she lied with a sultry smile. "The makeup's not really my thing," she said truthfully, "it was my friend Deidre's idea. We were gonna meet here, but she blew me off to hit up another party." Her smiles, at least, were real, and she gave Chris another one. "It looks your table's pretty full. There might be more room over here." She pulled over a seat for Chris, her muscles flexing underneath her clothes.

Nearby, Mark was peering over at the girl now that his friends had prompted him. "Huh, she does look a little funky," he murmured, rubbing his jaw. "Do you think he can handle it?"

Alex had gone quiet although her expressions had fluctuated wildly. At first she'd looked guilty, and focused. For Mike, it was easy to guess she was reading the girl's brain. Alex always looked guilty when she was reading minds. Then she'd paused before blushing as red as her hair.

Her mental voice projected out to the kids, including Chris, 'Uhm, she wants to do some stuff to Chris that I'd rather not go into if its okay? She's flirting. Sorta. She's also considering giving him to her friend who controls emotions and then they wanna kick him out naked and laugh at him. Or maybe break him and keep him as a lap dog? She's not sure. And scary. And gross.'

Alex's face screwed up in embarssment and disgust as she rapidly disengaged from the girls thoughts.

Chris pulled his seat over. "That sucks. You shouldn't blow off your friends. Besides, what party'd be better than these guys? They rock."

Have I mentioned the don't play a player thing? I may appear a little stupid, but if someone's trying to fool me, well... I've probably pulled the same trick a few times already. Keep in telepathic contact, I want to handle this situation with... care. Also, I would like to find out how the nudity occurs. It intrigues me and I would like to learn more.

"What is he doing?" Erin demanded of Alex, watching as Chris blithely ignored the warning. Her voice was a little louder than the hum of the crowd, but not to the point of yelling, yet. "Didn't he get the message?" She pushed her water glass away and shoved out her chair, looking more than ready to go and drag her classmate bodily out of danger, no matter how much he might like to be there.

"Erin, wait," said Mark urgently as he looked up at her. "You know what Chris does in his spare time; he's not just a helpless kid." He swallowed. "And the last time Claremont kids went out in public like this, the cops almost got called. We've got to handle this quietly so we don't get put on restriction too." He seemed really worried about the idea. "Besides," he added across the psychic link, they haven't actually committed a crime yet. If we wait till they've actually done something bad, we can actually bring them in and keep them from hurting any kids who can't fight back. He thought for a minute then added, That said, I think this is the last time I play matchmaker for a while.

"God I love the Bachman-Turner Overdrive..." Eddie mused. He propped his head up on his hand and let some music waft gently over the dull roar that was their surroundings.

"You can see the morning

But I can see the light!

Try, try, try to let it ride..."

"Just leave him be for now. Wouldn't want to get in the way of him having fun."

"I think Chris is planning on making out with her for further recon," Alex wrinkled her nose, her expression unhappy with the plan of action. 'Chris, I'll keep an ear on you but an emotion controller might be able to detect my presence. Just a warning.'

Alex reached out to lightly touch Mark's wrist to get his attention as she leaned in to explain quietly, "I dunno how good her emotion controller friend is but there's a chance that I may not be able to tell if she's messing with him. They're usually a subtle lot, especially the ones with no morals."