Introduction

Give a two or three word description of yourself. (Describe your character's concept.)

Legacy Luck Controller

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?

I'm going with Edge right now, even though I guess it doesn't say a lot about me. I was just a kid when I picked it out, but it's still pretty cool. I may change it later, I dunno. It's good, it's catchy; why worry about it?

What is your full birth name?

Mark Mason Lucas. I dunno where they come from, exactly. Grandpa Lucas told my dad he should give those names to his kids, when he had them, but Dad won't tell me why yet. I tend to like it pretty well. My first name is my dad's middle name, kinda, but he says that's not why I've got it.

Where do you live?

I live in Ashton with my folks part of the time, but I go to school at Claremont during the school year. My folks are on vacation in Brazil right now, though, so I'm bunking at school right now.

Why do you live there?

Uh, I live in Ashton 'cause my folks live there. My folks moved into the neighborhood when it was just opening up and they bought a couple of lots, so I grew up with a really big lawn for a suburban kid. I go to Claremont because that's where we go to learn how to use our powers.

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?

My powers, I guess. They're what'll help me make things better for everyone else, anyway.

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?

Eh, I try not to worry about stuff like that. My dad says I should learn how to plan things out better, but going improv has always gone OK for me.

Physical Traits

How old are you? (Chronological age as well as age category.)

I'm sixteen years old.

What is your sex?

Male

What is your race?

Caucasian.

How tall are you?

Pretty tall, I guess. I'm still growing.

How much do you weigh?

About average.

What is your general body type, frame, bone structure, and poise?

Pretty limber, I guess. Listen, uh, this isn't going to be used against me, is it?

What is your skin colour?

Fair to ruddy. Mom's Irish and Dad's Irish, so I've got a lot of that Celtic stuff in me.

What is your hair colour?

Brown

What is your hair style?

Cut short, just like the Centurion.

Do you have any facial hair?

Nah, I don't go in for that hippy stuff. Besides, if you are going to grow a beard, you should at least wait till you can really grow in some facial hair. That's what my dad told me, anyway.

What is your eye colour?

Blue.

How attractive are you?

Pretty attractive, I guess. I got lucky; that whole acne stuff seems to have passed me by entirely, and my voice changed like over the weekend when I was fifteen. My last real date was with Naomi Vasquez, but I don't think I was really her type. Probably for the best, after what happened when she got set up with Bolt! Heh. He had it coming, though.

What is your most distinguishing feature?

My mom says it's my smile.

Do you have any scars, tattoos, or birthmarks?

Well, I've got this weird kind of birthmark on my butt. It doesn't really look like anything; maybe Arabic. That's about it; I've never really had any accidents or anything. And I'm way too young for tattoos!

What is your handedness (left/right/ambidextrous)?

Left-handed.

Do you resemble some currently known person?

Not really, though my mom thinks I look like a younger, taller Tom Cruise. (She doesn't go on the Internet a lot, so she doesn't know why I blush whenever she says that. Tom Cruise is Tom Cruise Crazy!)

What kind of clothing do you wear?

Just, y'know, T-shirts and khakis and stuff. I don't look like a prep or anything, but you can tell my family isn't poor. I'll talk about my costume later; that's not really clothes.

Do you wear makeup?

Uh, no way!

What sort of vocal tone do you have?

Alto (what? I was in the church choir when I was a kid.)

History

Where is your homeland?

America! I'm pretty darn patriotic, I have to say.

Are you aware of its history?

You bet I am! My folks raised me right; I know all about America and its superheroes and stuff. The superheroes are when America got really interesting, 'cause we had the best ones!

Are you patriotic or a social outcast?

Well, I'm not like a crazy patriot or anything. I guess my biggest thing with not liking America is the Patriot himself. My dad told me how that guy sold out the Liberty League! Some hero!

What are your opinion of home?

Do what now? I like America pretty muchy, like I said.

Where is your home town?

Freedom City, born and raised.

Are your real reasons for becoming an adventurer different from what you tell others?

Not really. Usually when I tell people stuff, it's true. I've got powers that can make things really great for people, so I want to do that for them. Just like my grandpa and dad did when they were superheroes.

How far would you go to keep such secrets from being revealed? What would you do if the truth became known?

Hey, man, that sounds a little nastier than I like to be. I don't really hold grudges, even if people find out secrets about me. (And I do have some secrets. Well, secrets about me and a friend.)

What do you fear would occur if the truth became known?

About my secrets? Uh, I don't think anything bad would happen to me or anything, but it might hurt the reputation of my friend. Plus, she swore she'd stab me right in the face if I told anyone.

Do you have any particularly high or low ability scores?

Do what now? I'm pretty good-looking, like I said.

How have these scores affected your life so far?

...no comment, man. I guess I'm pretty popular, at least with everybody but the Next-Gen.

What about your race, growing up were you in the majority or a minority?

Eh, I'm pretty white. I come from Irish stock, but we're not _that_ Irish, y'know?

Did this impact your outlook in any way?

Hard to say. I don't really analyze myself that deeply.

How do you feel about other races?

Well, I'm not racist or anything! And aliens are totally wicked! I once had a Grue in my house, but he's a good guy now! I won't say who it was, though, Scout's honor.

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?

Not really! I've been pretty lucky that way.

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.

Defining moment in my childhood? OK, I can do that. Check this out: when I was a kid, my dad took me to see my grandfather's unveiling at the Super Museum! He had his own statue right there in the wing about the heroes of World War II, right next to Kilroy! My dad says they'll get around to moving him into the section about the Liberty League any year now. I hope they do it soon.

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?

I guess the stupidest thing I did that had lasting consequences wasn't that long ago. You know the joke about Captain Thunder, Pseudo, and Lady Liberty? Well I was telling that to my old room-mate Josh just when Bolt was running by! Of course it _has_ to be when Captain Thunder's kid was running by, and of course Mr. Prankster can't take one little joke about his dad and Lady Liberty. I guess I feel kind of bad, I found out later it was when a shapeshifter was impersonating his dad and acting weird at home. But he still shouldn't hold such a grudge about it.

Which toys from your childhood have you kept?

I've still got my kickass Centurion action figure, natch. It's got real fly-away _and_ super-punch action!

Why? What do they mean to you? If you didn't keep any, why not? What did you do to them all?

It's the Centurion, man! The limited edition Centurion commemorative figure, back when they were just making Centurion stuff again in '98 after the anniversary? I could sell it for like fifty bucks now, but I'm totally keeping it for me and my kids.

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?

Uh, no! I'm just a normal guy.

Are you who you claim to be?

Uh, yeah.

Do you have any sort of criminal record?

Man, what kind of a question is that?

How do you view the heroes/legends of your country?

Superheroes are the best, man. They've saved my family, my city, my country, and my world more times than I can even count; and I can think of a lot of times! Superheroes are great, and I'm frickin' happy to be one!

Family

Who were your parents?

My dad's name is Richard Marcus Lucas, my mom's name is Martha Lodge Lucas. They're pretty cool, even if my dad's kinda old. He's still in great shape, though, and he's got really awesome friends. My mom's cool too, she's an artist and a writer! Some day her friends are going to help me have my own comic book.

Were you raised by them?

Uh, yeah! My folks were around all the time when I was a kid. Still are!

What was their standing in the community?

Pretty sweet! My dad knew the whole Freedom League when he was younger, and now he's a writer of all these crazy action novels. Between his old friends coming over and my mom's writing buddies, we were pretty hot stuff in little Ashton. Our neighbor was a doctor or something, I dunno.

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?

Just one area. My mom's work is in Freedom City, and my dad traveled a lot before he settled back into Freedom. He always said this was the best place to raise kids, even if people in Freedom City were stupid. I think he still holds the grudge over the Moore thing.

How did you get along with their parents?

Aight, I guess. I'm closer to my dad, I guess, 'cause he used to be a hero and I'm one too now. I've been trying to spend more time with my mom, just so she doesn't feel bad.

How would your parents describe you? Answer this in the voice of your mother, then in your father's.

Hey, man, I don't go in for that role-playing stuff!

Do you have any siblings?

Nope!

What was your birth position in the family?

What?

List all current knowledge of family locations, spouses, children, birth dates, schooling, and any important incidents that only you and they might remember.

This isn't really applicable to me.

Do you stay in touch with them or have you become estranged?

I still live in my parents' house, if that's what you mean. They call every weekend from Brazil now; they say it's their second honeymoon.

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?

Like I said, I get along better with my dad, but I still love my mom just fine. I'm pretty stable.

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?

Heh, guess I should have read this question before I answered the last one!

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)?

Nope, we're all pretty good. No one in my mom's family were superheroes or anything, but it's not like they were robbing banks or anything. My mom's grandpa was a moonshiner back in the 20s, though, which is kinda "black sheep" I guess. He had a still in the State Forest!

If so, who are they and how did they "gain" the position?

Yeah, I just said that.

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor?

Two really famous ones!

If so, what did this person do to become famous or infamous?

My Grandpa Lucas was James Lucas, the Centurion's Friend. He was in a lot of comic books back in the 40s. You might remember him as Jimmy and his Genie! I never knew him, though, Grandpa Lucas died before I was born. And my dad was in the Freedom League! Rick Lucas was right there when everything got started, and he had all kinds of crazy adventures with them. I do not have space here to say how awesome my grandpa and dad were, but let me just say they were AWESOME. And still are awesome.

Do you try to live up to the reputation of your ancestor, try to live it down, or ignore it?

I'm going to be a superhero, just like my grandpa and dad were! That's right, they were heroes, dang it!

Do you ever want to have a family of your own someday?

I guess. I'm _way_ too young for that, though. My folks are both a little older than a lot of parents, my dad once got mistaken for my grandpa. So I guess I don't mind waiting till I'm like thirty to have kids.

Would anything change your mind on this issue and if so, what?

If I had some weird disease or something. But that's not very likely!

What type of person would be your ideal mate?

Heh. I don't really know.

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, who and what are they like?

A lot of my friends graduated, which sucks. I get along pretty good with Marcus Agrippa, I guess, since he's always up for some adventures and stuff. I'm going to try and meet some new people this term. I've always been a pretty good team player.

What is the history of their relationship(s) with you?

Eh, I dunno. We sort of fell in together and had some adventures. Nothing too serious.

Do you currently have a best friend whom you would protect with your reputation or your life?

Not really. I've got a lot of friends, but not really any super-best-friends, y'know?

If so, who are they and what caused you to feel so close to them? What would have to happen for you to end this relationship?

Not really an issue.

Do you have any bitter enemies?

Yeah, I guess. Not really bitter.

If so, who are they, what are they like, and what is the history of their feud with you?

I don't think Bolt really counts, so probably just Sloth.

Have you defeated them before?

Dropped a ceiling on his head! Ooh, that got me some extra training for a long time...

How might these enemies seek to discomfit you in the future?

Pick a fight. He's a pretty good fighter, but I'm even better at kicking him in the head.

Which person(s) or group(s) are you most loyal to?

Claremont Academy, I guess. Besides the usual stuff like family.

Who is your most trusted ally?

Heh. My dad, I guess.

Who do you trust, in general?

Superheroes, natch. And people who used to be superheroes. I know Mr. Summers was one once, but I can't figure out who. I was sure he was the Scarab till that new one popped up.

Who do you despise and why?

Bullies. Definitely, bullies. And people who don't appreciate what they have.

Name seven things you hate in others.

Seven Deadly Sins, I guess. They're a classic!

Is your image consistent?

Yeah.

Do you deliberately present yourself differently in different situations, and how?

Nope.

What would you die for?

Man, that's a pretty dark question. I guess I'd die saving the world or something, but I'd prefer not to.

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?

Someone ran over my dog when I was five! That really sucked a lot! But then the guy's car flipped over and blew up, so I guess there was some justice there. I'm pretty sure it was just a crazy coincidence, though.

What is your general reaction to an attractive member of the opposite sex who lets you know they are available?

I'm not like a horndog or anything, but if a hot chick's available, I usually get available too, y'know?

How do you get along with others of the same adventuring class?

I get along pretty good with other superheroes. I think so, anyway.

Have you lost any loves?

Heh. Uh, I don't think my situation counts with my friend. All my relatives are still alive, at least all the ones who were alive when I was born.

How did you handle the situation (short & long term)?

Like I said, it hasn't ever come up, and I don't worry about it happening any time soon.

Who would miss you should you go missing?

Oh jeez, a lot of people! My parents, my friends at school, my teachers, the people in the clubs I'm in, the people I'm tutoring...it's good to have friends.

How close are you to your adventuring companions?

Pretty close, I guess.

What do they not know about you?

Nothing really important.

Are you a member of any house, guild, organization, or church? What is your level of involvement?

Nothing, really. I don't sing in choir anymore; my voice changed in a funny way for that. I'm usually not allowed to play sports here at school.

Personality & Beliefs

Do you, or did you, have any role models?

Yeah!

Do you have any heroes or idols, either contemporary or from legend?

Yeah! (Only my dad, and grandpa, and the Centurion! And all my dad's friends, and my mom...)

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?

Can't say that's ever happened.

When did you decide to become an adventurer?

I can't think of a time when I didn't plan to be a superhero.

Why have you chosen to risk your life as a career?

I've never really felt it's that perilous. If I do have to risk my life, it's because I want to do the right thing, to pay back all the good luck I've had growing up.

What do you expect to get out of being an adventurer? What, if anything, would make you stop adventuring?

I don't think a hero should really aspire to get anything out of what they do. I'd like to make an income from it, I guess. I'd only stop if I couldn't physically do it anymore, but I'm not very worried about that.

Do you have any dreams or ambitions? If not, why?

I'd like to be part of a real super-team some day. Maybe even the leader!

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?

I'd like to be on a super-team and looking for a good college! Preferably FCU, so I can stay close to the action.

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?

Twenty years from now, I'd like to be a happily married superhero. My wife would have powers too, so our kids could grow up and not have to feel bad about not having them.

If these goals seem at odds with each other, or with your dreams, how do you reconcile the differences?

Nah, they're pretty simpatico.

Do you have any great rational or irrational fears or phobias? If so, what are the origins of, or reasons behind them?

Just the usual primal stuff, like getting buried alive.

How do you react when this fear manifests itself?

Hasn't yet! I've been lucky that way.

What are your attitudes regarding material wealth?

I'd like to have money, and I'm glad I grew up with parents who had a good amount of money.

Are you miserly with your share of the wealth, or do you spend it freely?

I spend pretty freely. I'm way too young to worry about saving yet!

Do you see wealth as a mark of success, or just as a means to an end?

It is what it is. Wealth is only a mark of success if you do successful things with it.

How do you generally treat others?

I'm a good friend.

Do you trust easily (perhaps too easily) or not?

I'd say I'm pretty healthy here. No one's ever really betrayed me.

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)?

I'm pretty extroverted.

Are you a humble soul or blusteringly proud?

Very humble. Why wouldn't I be?

What habits do you find most annoying in friends?

Not being able to take a joke.

What are your most annoying habits?

Nothing I ever worry about.

Is there any race, creed, alignment, religion, class, profession, political viewpoint, or the like against which you are strongly prejudiced, and why?

That's not very heroic!

What is your favourite food?

Burger and fries, pretty basic stuff. I like it with thousand island dressing.

What is your favourite drink?

Coke.

What is your favourite treat (desert)?

Chocolate cake. Hey, I'm pretty easy to please.

Do you favour a particular cuisine?

Exotic stuff? Chinese, I guess.

Do you savor the tastes when eating or "wolf down" your food?

Depends on how hungry I am.

Do you like food mild or heavily spiced?

Depends on how hungry I am.

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?

I once saw this bacon chocolate cake and was all "Lolwhut?" and I didn't touch that stuff. That's about it. My mom says I'm a good eater.

What are your favourite colour(s)?

Blue and gold.

Is there any colour that you dislike?

Not really, unless you mean one of those nasty puke colors.

Do you have a favourite (or hated) song, type of music, or instrument?

Nah, I don't really listen to music either way.

If you have a favourite scent, what is it?

...uh, I don't really have one.

What is your favourite type of animal?

Dinosaurs. Hey, they count! This one time, my dad once rode on the back of a T-Rex!

Are you allergic to any kinds of animals?

Nope! I have no allergies at all.

Is there anything that enrages you?

Not really. I'm fairly easy-going.

Is there anything which embarrasses you?

Nah, like I said, I try not to worry about stuff.

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?

You know, camping's not nearly as difficult as people say it is! I've done some outdoorsy stuff and it's not that much of a problem.

Do you have a patron deity?

Meh. I go to church on holidays, same as a lot of people.

Are you devout or impious?

Meh.

Do you actively worship and proselytize or do you simply pay lip service?

That's quite a question!

What lengths would you go to defend your faith?

Well, I'd probably stop someone if they were kicking over a Nativity scene. But that's mostly because I don't like jerks.

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?

Not really. I have to say, though, growing up with my dad's stories about knowing a god did change things a little.

Do you belong to a dominant church, or an independent church, cult, or sect (and is the group accepted, frowned upon, or considered heretics)?

Methodist, I guess.

Will you kill?

Heroes don't kill.

When did you decide (or learn) that you would?

I never have, and I sure hope I never do! Superheroes don't kill.

When do you consider it okay to kill (under what circumstances)?

Well, if you're a soldier in a war, I guess, or if it's to save someone's life. But that's just if you don't have powers.

When do you consider it wrong to kill (under what circumstances)?

If you've got powers, or a costume. You should hold yourself to a higher standard.

What would you do if someone else attempted to (or successfully did) kill under your "wrong" circumstances, what would be your reaction?

I'd be pretty upset about it.

What if it were your enemy?

I'd bring them to justice.

What if it were your friend?

I'd...look into it more closely. There might be extenuating circumstances.

What if the opponent were not in control of their own actions (under duress, charmed, dominated, possessed)?

Well, then it's different. I'd have to look it up.

What would you do if something were stolen from you?

Get pretty mad and try and track down who did it. It's never actually happened to me.

What would you do if you were badly insulted publicly?

Eh, that doesn't happen very much. I usually just shrug it off.

What would you do if a good friend or relative were killed by means other than natural death?

I'd track down who did it and bring them to justice.

What is the one task you would absolutely refuse to do?

I can't think of any, at least, any that aren't obviously evil. No one's ever asked me to do anything really bad.

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?

Murdering a baby, I guess.

How do you feel about government (rulers) in general? Why do you feel that way?

I don't really have strong feelings either way. I think rulers tend to reflect the nature of their people in one way or another.

Do you support the current government of your homeland?

I support Mayor O'Connor OK and all. But you know, I do have one theory about him. You ever notice how people didn't really embrace heroes even after Moore was gone until AFTER Terminus? I think it's what my dad calls cultural cringe.

If so, how far are you willing to go to defend the government? If not, do you actively oppose it?

Well, I can't vote. But if he runs again, I'll vote for Mayor O'Connor, even if he has been Mayor for a really long time!

What form of government do you believe is the best (democracy, monarchy, anarchy, aristocratic rule, oligarchy, matriarchy) and why?

Democracy.

Do you have any unusual habits or dominant personality traits that are evident to others?

Nah, I'm pretty normal.

If so, describe them and how you acquired them, as well as when they might be more noticeable and what causes them.

Not applicable.

Do you have any unusual or nervous mannerisms, such as when talking, thinking, afraid, under stress, or when embarrassed?

I guess I talk a lot. But not too much, only when I'm stressed out.

What is your most treasured possession?

My Bobo. Shut up, he's a bear. He lives at home.

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what 5 things would you do in those remaining hours?

I...can't say I've ever even remotely contemplated this question.

Career & Training

Where and how were you educated?

I'm going to school at the Claremont Academy right now. It's where I'm learning school stuff and hero stuff. My folks taught me a lot too, especially about superheroes and history.

Who trained you in your adventuring class(es)?

My dad some, others my teachers.

What was your relationship with your teacher(s)/mentor(s)?

Pretty good! My teachers usually like me a lot, they say the class always does better when I'm around.

Is this person or institution still in existence?

Well, yeah! They're all around.

Were you a prize student or did you just barely pass?

I'm doing great, thanks, but especially good in history. I usually test pretty darn well.

Look at your skills. How did you acquire them (especially the unusual ones)?

Eh, I've got my mom's gift of gab. I learned history from my family, especially my dad. The other stuff I picked up at school.

Have you ever done anything else for a living?

I'm just sixteen, gimmie a break!

How do you function in combat (maneuvers, weaknesses)?

Well, in training, I usually swing right into the middle of the action and usually blow a hole in the mooks. If something really bad is happening, I get in there and help out my friends. I'm really good at that.

Have you ever received any awards or honours?

I can't be part of a lot of games, which stinks. But I did get a spelling bee award when I was eight. B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Is there anything that you don't currently know how to do that you wish you could?

I'd like to be able to pilot planes and stuff.

Are you envious of others who can do such things in a good-natured way or are you sullen and morose about it?

I don't know why people feel envy. It's not really healthy.

Lifestyle & Hobbies

When not adventuring, what is your normal daily routine?

I sleep, I eat, what do you want? In summer I'm pretty busy with my volunteering around campus.

How do you feel and react when this routine is interrupted for some reason?

Eh. I try and go with the flow.

What are your hobbies when you are not adventuring or training?

I hang out, I play the Wii. (I won that from McDonalds last year, it was frickin' sweet!)

What do you do for relaxation? What things do you do for enjoyment? What interests do you have?

Like I said, I hang out, I play the Wii, I mess around with my friends. I like to read and watch historical stuff.

How do you normally dress when not in your adventuring gear?

Khakis and stuff.

What do you normally wear in bed at home?

I usually sleep in my clothes. My mom says I'll grow out of that.

What do you normally wear in bed while adventuring?

...my costume, I guess.

Do you wear any identifiable jewelry?

Nah.

Where do you normally put your weapons, magic items, or other valuables when you are sleeping?

Well, if I'm not wearing my costume, I keep it in a box under my bed. It's pretty handy; it's got these kickass goggles and blasters built right into the gloves. Also, a cape!

What morning or evening routines do you normally have?

I don't really have routines. I usually just go with the flow, and do whatever.

Do these change when you are adventuring?

Not really, though I'll be awake if I'm on watch or something.

Travel: how do you get around locally?

On the bus? When I'm adventuring, I usually just use a grapple gun. It's totally wicked!

Do you have a Last Will and Testament?

No, I'm just sixteen.

What does it say?

What?

Miscellaneous

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?

Being the best hero I can be.

What kind of threat do you present to the public?

Uh, slim to none? At least now that I know how to use my powers without ripping up the place all the time...well, sometimes. I do some property damage if I'm not paying attention. So I guess a little threat.

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?

I can't say I've ever worried about that.

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...

Keep in mind that there are bad things in the world that your powers won't protect you from. No one lives on luck forever, not even you.