Freedom City PbP Ideas

Endless Flight

technically once we get this game up and running you don't even need to find another player who's playing a villain if you wanna play your character just play your character.

Which actually speaking on that topic I think the ref's might want a few city events that they control...like large scale doomsday device type things. The main villain would be an npc and he could recruit from the ranks of player villains in the game and of course it would be up to the player heroes to stop it and all.

that kind of thing from time to time I think might spice up the city, especially when we're just getting started and don't have many players...

Absolutely. If somebody has some grand idea for a game, they can go ahead and run a scenario if they chose. It's just not required. :)

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

technically once we get this game up and running you don't even need to find another player who's playing a villain if you wanna play your character just play your character.

Which actually speaking on that topic I think the ref's might want a few city events that they control...like large scale doomsday device type things. The main villain would be an npc and he could recruit from the ranks of player villains in the game and of course it would be up to the player heroes to stop it and all.

that kind of thing from time to time I think might spice up the city, especially when we're just getting started and don't have many players...

Absolutely. If somebody has some grand idea for a game, they can go ahead and run a scenario if they chose. It's just not required. :)

That sounds like a real good idea. I can imagine how much fun it could be to have a "Justice league" vs. "the legion of doom" in the game. I think that aspect alone could draw players in. Also when you say "anything goes" for hero creation, there is no real preset concept of what EF and the ref's are looking for as what the players can do right? The city is just one big melting pot of supers?

Nested Arrays arrays within arrays. For example having a Alternate Form array one is a Flame elemental, one is a being of psionic energy etc etc. Each for has thier own arrays like Fire Control, Telekinetic array etc. This ends up being incredibly point efficient.

Multiple Metamorph this can be a variation on the above, but I have had a couple players submit concepts where the are essentially 6 different characters in one using the Metamorph option on Morph. Sometimes this is a great concept. Often though these player characters end up able to handle almost any situation in game and you have to check, approve and keep track of many character sheets. Add alt powers to the mix and it is a nightmare.

Those can be powerful and PP efficient, but I don't think those would be any more powerful than any other game. Plus if anything goes for heros, there are heros like that out there. The villian players will just have to team up to defeat them. :twisted:

That sounds like a real good idea. I can imagine how much fun it could be to have a "Justice league" vs. "the legion of doom" in the game. I think that aspect alone could draw players in. Also when you say "anything goes" for hero creation, there is no real preset concept of what EF and the ref's are looking for as what the players can do right? The city is just one big melting pot of supers?

Nested Arrays arrays within arrays. For example having a Alternate Form array one is a Flame elemental, one is a being of psionic energy etc etc. Each for has thier own arrays like Fire Control, Telekinetic array etc. This ends up being incredibly point efficient.

Multiple Metamorph this can be a variation on the above, but I have had a couple players submit concepts where the are essentially 6 different characters in one using the Metamorph option on Morph. Sometimes this is a great concept. Often though these player characters end up able to handle almost any situation in game and you have to check, approve and keep track of many character sheets. Add alt powers to the mix and it is a nightmare.

Those can be powerful and PP efficient, but I don't think those would be any more powerful than any other game. Plus if anything goes for heros, there are heros like that out there. The villian players will just have to team up to defeat them. :twisted:

Trust me there are some builds that you should "just say no" to even if they do not "technically" break the rules as written.

As I said I am just suggesting these be flagged as potential gamebreakers not banned outright.

Trust me there are some builds that you should "just say no" to even if they do not "technically" break the rules as written.

As I said I am just suggesting these be flagged as potential gamebreakers not banned outright.