Freedom City PbP Ideas

Endless Flight

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it's going to take me a while longer to get a cohesive character together. The guy I have now is pretty good - for an NPC. I have no idea how I'd play him in a sustained fashion as a PC. He's just too outlandish and frankly, psychotic, to fit into any realistic play style. If a referee wants to take a lok at him to use as an NPC, I'd be happy to oblige. With heroes and villains on different boards, at least for the most part, it means I'll likely never encounter him anyway.

Anyway, I hope to have something else soon.

Yeah, it's going to take me a while longer to get a cohesive character together. The guy I have now is pretty good - for an NPC. I have no idea how I'd play him in a sustained fashion as a PC. He's just too outlandish and frankly, psychotic, to fit into any realistic play style. If a referee wants to take a lok at him to use as an NPC, I'd be happy to oblige. With heroes and villains on different boards, at least for the most part, it means I'll likely never encounter him anyway.

Two more things:

-If you guys are going to use Invisible Castle, then each player needs to select a unique user name (which is not easy considering how many users IC has) and use that same name for *every roll they make.* Otherwise there is no way to audit the roll process. Referees should keep a roster of each player's "dice name," so they can pull all of that players rolls from IC if any accusation of funny business should arise.

-Also, another power set to avoid: anything that requires the player to run more than one character on the battlefield: sidekick, minion, duplication powers, summoning, etc. They certainly aren't game breaking, but they sure can slow the thread way down when in the hands of the wrong player.

Two more things:

-If you guys are going to use Invisible Castle, then each player needs to select a unique user name (which is not easy considering how many users IC has) and use that same name for *every roll they make.* Otherwise there is no way to audit the roll process. Referees should keep a roster of each player's "dice name," so they can pull all of that players rolls from IC if any accusation of funny business should arise.

-Also, another power set to avoid: anything that requires the player to run more than one character on the battlefield: sidekick, minion, duplication powers, summoning, etc. They certainly aren't game breaking, but they sure can slow the thread way down when in the hands of the wrong player.

Two more things:

Two more things:

Two more things:

Hey EF, a few things that came to me.

1) In the FC sourcebook, the location of Freedom City is left open. You should probably set what where it is and post that somewhere clear to all the refs and such are uniform.

2) Perhaps there should be a thread where Refs that run adventures can put in a small post providing a summary of what happened in the adventure, with things that might have made the local news being highlighted. This could be a way for other players to keep tabs on what other heroes (and villains) have done.

1) In the FC sourcebook, the location of Freedom City is left open. You should probably set what where it is and post that somewhere clear to all the refs and such are uniform.

2) Perhaps there should be a thread where Refs that run adventures can put in a small post providing a summary of what happened in the adventure, with things that might have made the local news being highlighted. This could be a way for other players to keep tabs on what other heroes (and villains) have done.

That's a great idea! We have done it with an "encyclopedia" add-on for phpBB (to track the stories of each hero and villain), but a Wiki would also work, as would just a forum for update posts.

That's a great idea! We have done it with an "encyclopedia" add-on for phpBB (to track the stories of each hero and villain), but a Wiki would also work, as would just a forum for update posts.

This is somethign which has been brought up between refs SO I would say it will be done... Both for dropping "Hints" of Scenario starting up & for "News" of resolved Scenarios