Truth Power?

AncientSpark

So, as one of my heroes, I'm trying to create a character that can use a Device as a diviner to distinguish truths from lies. I know I'm going to use Mind Control with the Conscious extra, but with the Limited flaw of only having the person be able to give information, not perform actions. But I want my character to actually tell whether the truth is being told or not. That means max Sense Motive, but I'm not sure if there's a Power that can do something like this.

Any ideas?

So, as one of my heroes, I'm trying to create a character that can use a Device as a diviner to distinguish truths from lies. I know I'm going to use Mind Control with the Conscious extra, but with the Limited flaw of only having the person be able to give information, not perform actions. But I want my character to actually tell whether the truth is being told or not. That means max Sense Motive, but I'm not sure if there's a Power that can do something like this.

Any ideas?

Any ideas?

Actually, "answer my questions truthfully" could be an example of the "One Command" flaw of Mind Control. You also know if your power succeeds or fails, which means you know whether someone is being compelled to tell the truth. Then you don't need Sense Motive to confirm that the truth is being told.

In the general case, you can buy anything as an Enhanced version of its normal self. As an example, your Device could have [Enhanced Skill: Sense Motive 12] for 4 pp within the Device.

Actually, "answer my questions truthfully" could be an example of the "One Command" flaw of Mind Control. You also know if your power succeeds or fails, which means you know whether someone is being compelled to tell the truth. Then you don't need Sense Motive to confirm that the truth is being told.

In the general case, you can buy anything as an Enhanced version of its normal self. As an example, your Device could have [Enhanced Skill: Sense Motive 12] for 4 pp within the Device.

Super-Senses [Detect Lie]

Advantages: No save from the liar.

Disadvantage: Requires a notice check, and you can only detect the presence of a lie, not what it is that's being said that is a lie. So if two people were having a conversation you could tell that a lie was present, but not what part of what was being said was a lie, or who it was that was a lying.

It's a tossup really. Super-Senses 2 [Detect Lie, Ranged] = 2 PPs. Mind Reading 10 [Extra] = 5 PPs. You get what you pay for. :D

Disadvantage: Requires a notice check, and you can only detect the presence of a lie, not what it is that's being said that is a lie. So if two people were having a conversation you could tell that a lie was present, but not what part of what was being said was a lie, or who it was that was a lying.

It's a tossup really. Super-Senses 2 [Detect Lie, Ranged] = 2 PPs. Mind Reading 10 [Extra] = 5 PPs. You get what you pay for. :D

Here's a thought - you could make the super-sense acute.

The way I see it, is it would... hm, hold on a second...

*cos makes sure that someone isn't around, when he's satisfied he turns back to you*

...anyways, like I was saying, the way I see it, is that the power basically works out to be the same cost:

Mind Reading 9 [Limited to truth detection (-2)] - 3 PPs. Detect (Lies) [Ranged, Accute] - 3 PPs

You just have to ask yourself wether you want a Will save or a Notice check, am I right?

*Barnum walks over*

Oh, hey Barnum! We were, uh, just shootin' the breeze. Nice day, huh?

*cos makes sure that someone isn't around, when he's satisfied he turns back to you*

...anyways, like I was saying, the way I see it, is that the power basically works out to be the same cost:

Mind Reading 9 [Limited to truth detection (-2)] - 3 PPs. Detect (Lies) [Ranged, Accute] - 3 PPs

You just have to ask yourself wether you want a Will save or a Notice check, am I right?

*Barnum walks over*

*Barnum walks over*