June Song Vignette: Ace Danger

Ace was late to the trustee meeting, not in and of itself unusual but the delay in this case had been due to the full vaudevillian routine of 'Puttin' on the Ritz' he and most of Wading Way had been compelled to partake in on his way to the meeting.

Fortunately as he arrived the rest of the board was completing an acapella rendition of Pink Floyds 'Money' and the meeting was quickly voted to be postponed.

Ace made a couple calls as he headed to talk in person to the commissioner about what might be going on. It seemed this song and dance act was pretty widespread as he mounted the steps of city hall he felt words swell unbidden to his lips once more.

He moved to the music swelling within as he continued up the steps bounding back and forth and posing between stanzas as if in a music video and belting out the lyrics, a fast hard hitting sound that he personally didn't really care for even during its height of popularity.

((To the tune of 'The Kids Aren't Alright' by The Offspring))

"When it began the light was so bright

The Whole city was full fire

And everyone up and down the street

Was terrified my heart skipped a beat

The Omegadrone's cracked the sky

I said it was too late but he had to try

How can one foolish man

Stand against such might

Lances fire

I can't see

Searing pain

Agony

Try so Hard

Hard to be

A better man

Why not me

Rex took a chance, to save that kid

Drones flew down fast he did all he could

The Centurion took his final flight

And saved us all from eternal night

Had it been me I'd try to hide

Saw Rex vaporized

So many lost that day

Why couldn't it be me

Lances fire

I can't see

Searing pain

Agony

Try so Hard

Hard to be

A better man

Why not me"

He ended the song on his knees before the wide doors of city hall panting heavily. the assembled citizens glanced nervously at him and he quickly brushed himself off and with a grin and tip of his hat headed in to see if there was anything he could do to help with the situation.