Apes A-Poppin!

It was a typical Tuesday morning at the First Bank of Kingston, a small regional bank with branches extending throughout the suburbs of Freedom City. There were students dropping off their paychecks, people coming in to make withdrawals at the start of business, children playing in the little puzzle and game corner where they kept themselves busy while their parents waited in the long, roped-off bank lines.

And then the flying gorilla in the hawk costume crashed through the front window in a shower of glass, sending people running and screaming in terror! Even the guards stood stock-still, frozen in shock as the bizarre monstrosity landed on the counter, flapping its mighty wings and sending a terrible glare down at the hairless mutants, aka Homo sapiens, all around it.

"I am Tyranny Eagle! Deliver me your valuables, or I shall smash this building to the ground!" By way of demonstrating his power, Tyranny Eagle punched right through the bulletproof glass surrounding the tellers, a look of fury on his simian face. "This will be the start of my new empire! Bwa-ha-ha-ha!"

The Golden Guardian had been doing his patrol when he glimpsed something flying threw the air and smashing into a small bank in downtown Kingston. Hurrying his flight he zoomed over to the entrance floating majestically in the smashed doorway golden energy around him.

“Hey you!†He shouted sticking his arm out, pointing towards Tyranny Eagle.

“No need to go bananas punk…" He said with a sly smirk on his face cracking his knuckles.

Initiative!!

Duskstalker had been wandering the streets of the commercial district of Kingston in human guise mostly window shopping. This was interrupted as he was heading past the First Bank of Kingston when a winged gorilla smashed through the glass at the front, and followed soon after by a golden person flying down and shouting something at the ape.

Duskstalker quickly ducked into a nearby alleyway and shed his human form and flew towards the bank and landed beside the Golden Guardian and asked, "Mind if I join you?"

Initiative

"Fools!" The great winged ape spat a ferocious curse at the two interlopers, a look of malevolent fury on his simian features. "When the age of the Ape begins, your kind shall be naught but zoo animals, lab specimens, and my delicious dinner!" He roared, exposing impressive fangs, and for a few startling moments the bizarre being actually did look really remarkably scary! A moment later he threw a massive fist Golden Guardian's way, his huge gorilla-sized hand plowing into the champion's chest.

The giant ape easily dodged Guardian's wild haymaker, but had considerably worse luck dealing with Dusk-Stalker's blow across his flank. "Arrr!" He staggered back and nearly fell before shaking off his injuries, though still clearly in pain from the blow he'd taken. Glaring at the two heroes, he shouted, "You cowardly fools can never take to the skies, where I am king!" With that he took off, flapping his mighty wings as he broke right through the glass roof, sending showers of glass down on the bystanders below.

Duskstalker seeing the glass falling on the patrons still inside moves to the closest wounded person kneels down and says to them, "Please try to keep still and I'll heal any injuries you have." Once he'd finished speaking he muttered "Irisv" and a soft glow surrounded his limbs which started to flow over the injured person's body healing any wounds they'd sustained.

Dusk-Stalker had made the modest choice to stay behind with the wounded, tending to their injuries and helping the fallen. He could see that no one was seriously hurt, but many were frightened and injured by the terrifying gorilla-eagle and the damage he'd done around the bank. "Thank you, sir!" said one of the guards, who'd gotten tossed to another side of the room. "Lord knows what that monster would have done to us if he'd gotten the chance! The cops are on the way; shouldn't you see if your friend needs any help?"

Up in the air, the Golden Guardian easily caught up with Tyranny Eagle, throwing a massive blow that just missed the surprisingly agile gorilla's body. "Fool! You shouldn't have left your friend!" laughed the Eagle, though the wild punch he threw Guardian's way somewhat weakened the impression of avian ape menace he was trying to project. With a malevolent leer he flapped his wings higher and higher, pulling both of them further up into the stratosphere as Guardian followed him. "See you if you dare follow where I go!"

With sirens arriving below and Dusk-Stalker flying up beneath him, Tyranny Eagle knew he had to work fast if he wanted to defeat these two heroes. Just avoiding the Golden Guardian's punch, he taunted, "You'll have to do better than that to defeat the Ape-King of the Skies!" He threw out a mighty fist and grabbed the Guardian by the shoulder, his giant ape fingers clenching hard against the Guardian's armored body.