M. Night Shyamalan is the director? thoughts? I don't know how I feel about that...

I loved the Avatar series. Great characters, great action scenes, well rehearsed choreography, hilarious comedic relief moments. All around great series. (And it lasted three whole seasons too!)

What do you guys think? Is live action or Shyamalan going to kill it?

From the trailer I would say its too early to tell if shamalamadingdong will kill it or not though I have not been impressed with anything he has put his name OVER the title of so far.

I think it couls be done very well live action actually, however I think in the end this flik will die a thousand tiny deaths at the hands of central casting. The casting is just a nightmare frankly and only a few choices have been released so far. They might pull it off if they really hit it out of the park with the rest of their choices but so far I fear it will be of teh suck.

Aapa is Aang's father.

From the quick trailer they showed, I think it is going to suck hard. The series was known for its beautiful atmosphere, and the fight scenes really flowed. You simply cannot match the animation with real actors. That and I have no faith in what's-his-face.

Series itself kicked all kinds of ass.