Unspent PP: 0

Characters Name: Blink

Alternate Identity: Nadia Batalova

Height: 5'4"

Weight: 110lbs

Hair: Black

Eyes: Dark Brown

Description:

Nadia is an attractive young woman with the thin athletic build of a gymnast. She has dark shoulder length hair with large eyes that look far more innocent than they are. She looks slightly younger than her 23 years and despite all that has happened to her, she usually has a slight smile on her face. When she is not on a heist, she tends to dress in long sleeves, pants, and gloves covering as much skin as possible. Even when on a job, she still tends to wear mostly concealing clothes. She has a fluid grace about her that's nearly hard to believe unless it is seen.

History:

Nadia Batalova has had a long and unfortunate history of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Born near Chernobyl on the day of the meltdown, her DNA was altered in ways that would manifest themselves much later in her life. Pegged early on as a gymnast, her ability would have likely led to stability if the Soviet Union hadn’t collapsed. To compound matters her father, a soldier in the army, was killed serving in Afghanistan.

Her mother did what was necessary to survive, ultimately hooking up with Victor Drughov. Perhaps the best of many bad options, Victor took Nadia and her family to America in 1999. Perhaps this would have been the end of Nadia’s story, yet as she grew her powers began to manifest themselves. It was not long before her stepfather turned from protector to predator as the drug of her contact drove him to despicable acts.

For two years she lived in that nightmare, dreading home yet thankful that at least her sisters were spared her own torment. When her sisters finally moved out of the house, she too escaped the clutches of a man now hooked on his addiction to her. It didn’t take long before the authorities found her and returned her home and Victor repaid her ‘treachery’ with a brand of violence that still wakes her in cold sweats.

It took another six months before her powers manifested themselves again. It was a certain kind of joy when she blinked across the room, escaping the restraints placed upon her. Before they could find her, she made her way far away from home running to Freedom City. Unfortunately her glee in finding her freedom quickly was disrupted as there were few things a sixteen year old girl could do to support herself.

Half starved; she came upon the idea that with her new ability to teleport, there should be little reason to starve. She should be able to take what she wanted. A quick teleport into a convenience mart satisfied most of her immediate problems; except for the hero Foreshadow who was waiting for her outside the mart. He quickly subdued the fledgling thief and due to Daniel Durgan’s grandstanding, she received 18 months up the river.

Since all her powers other than her innate touch could be suppressed, she was placed in the general population as a low security risk. For a second time in her life, she found herself trapped and unable to flee the people who wished to possess her. After numerous humiliating encounters and more fights than she could count, she made the same choice as her mother, finding someone to bind herself too.

What she found was a hit man for mob who saw her value immediately. She traded herself for both his protection and promise to train her. She served her full term, never quite seeming to keep herself clear of the trouble that sought her out. Yet when she exited prison she had a place to go and people who saw the value of what she could do for them.

They trained her both in her powers and in several forms of martial arts until she was ready for the first of many high profile thefts they had planned. She is ready to take back all that the world has stolen from her, and if it means one heist at a time, so be it.

Personality & Motivation:

Nadia's primary motivation is to never be an object for anyone again. She has trained and worked to make this a reality. She relishes the thrill and challenge of a theft, and gets a feeling of empowerment that has been sorely lacking in her life. Yet, theft is about the greatest extent that she will stoop too. She seems to place value on all life, and will try to ensure that people are not killed when she is working. She is willing to ignore that her employers do not have the same compulsions and they don't mind as long as she accomplishes their goals. When cornered, she will fight ferociously, but prefers to use subtlety and stealth to get the job done.

Powers & Tactics:

When confronted with normal humans, Blink will attempt to win the day with guile. If she can get close enough to touch them, then she will and trust that her biology will subdue them long enough for her to finish what she needs. Often she will cut and run when possible to avoid a fight. Yet, if needed, she will port into contact and attempt to use her grappling skills to hold the opponent long enough for her to find bare skin. She hesitates to use her kiss, hating both the memories it brings back as well as the drones that it creates. Most times she will tell them to stay put, unless the success of the job requires unwilling participation. If there are more than one opponent, she will blink from foe to foe, literally clinging to them, trying to keep their body between her and the rest of her adversaries.

Complications:

Will not kill

Prison record (felony theft)

Moral Juxtaposition (hates what the mob does, but loves the protection and jobs they provide her)

Thrill seeker (loves a challenge, feels truly alive when on a job)

Will never willingly surrender (fear of capture and possession)

Stats: 36pp

Str: 12 (+1)

Dex: 30 (+10)

Con: 14 (+2)

Int: 12 (+1)

Wis: 10 (+0)

Cha: 18 (+4)

Combat: 18pp

Attack: +1 / +10 melee

Grapple: +20

Defense: +13 (+4 flat-footed) +8 base +5 dodge

Knockback: -2

Initiative: +10

Saves: 7pp

Toughness: +2/+5 (+2 Con, +3 Defensive Roll)

Fortitude: +6 (+4 Con, +2)

Reflex: +10 (+0 Dex, +0)

Will: +3 (+3 Wis, +0)

Skills: 24r = 6pp

Acrobatics 1 (+11)

Bluff 4 (+8)

Diplomacy 2 (+6)

Disguise 2 (+6)

Drive 1 (+10)

Knowledge, Security Systems 3 (+4)

Knowledge, Streetwise 3 (+4)

Notice 4 (+4)

Perform, dance 1 (+5)

Search 2 (+3)

Stealth 1 (+11)

Feats: 34pp

Acrobatic Bluff

Ambidexterity

Attack Focus, Melee 9

Attractive 1

Defensive Attack

Defensive Roll 3

Dodge Focus 5

Elusive Target

Evasion 2

Fascinate, Bluff

Grappling Finesse

Improved Defense 1

Improved Grab

Improved Pin

Improved Throw

Improved Trip

Prone Fighting

Sneak Attack 1

Uncanny Dodge, Spatial Sense

Powers: 49pp

Format: Power X (name/descriptor; Extras: whatever; Flaws: whatever; PFs: whatever) [cost]

example: Blast 12 (fiery bolt; PFs: 1 Alternate Power) [25]

AP: Blast 8 (fireball; Extra: Explosion)

Concentrated Pleasure Touch (Nauseate 8; Alternate Save - Will: No Saving Throw: Limited 1 - Skin to Skin Contact: Alternate Powers 2) [26]

AP: Ecstasy Kiss (Pheromones 8; Alternate Save - Will: Limited - Skin to Lips Contact [24])

AP: Sensory Overload (Stun 10; Alternate Save - Will: Limited - Skin to Skin Contact [20])

Pleasure Touch (Nauseate 1; Alternate Save - Will: Permanent: Innate) [4]

Spatial Sense (Super Senses 4; Detect - Empty Space Ranged, Radius: Danger Sense Spatial Sense) [4]

Blink (Teleport 10; Change Direction: Change Velocity: Easy: Progression Mass 1: Turnabout: Short Range)

Drawbacks: 0pp

DC Block:

ATTACKS: SAVE DC: DAMAGE TYPE:

(Name of Attack) (Save DC/Type) (Type of Damage: Bruise/Injury, or other)

Nauseate 8 --- 18/Will* --- Weakness --- Note: No Save Allowed

Stun 10 --- 20/Will --- Stun

Nauseate 1 --- 11/Will --- Weakness

Unarmed Attack --- 16/Toughness --- Bruise

Costs: Abilities (36) + Combat (18) + Saves (7) + Skills (6) + Feats (34) + Powers (49) - Drawbacks (00) = 100

We try to maintain a Silver/Bronze Age style game here. We're the lighter side of PG-13. Some reference reference materials are the DCAU cartoons or the Buffy/Angel series. If it wouldn't fly on there, it's not gonna fly here. That said, the backstory and powers could use some reworking.

Complications:

Will not kill

Moral Juxtaposition (hates what the mob does, but loves the protection and jobs they provide her)

"Will not kill" is not a complication in a game where it is assumed you are doing nonlethal damage unless you explicitly say so

Adds up.

Knockback: -2

Note your knockback when you are flat-footed.

Fortitude: +6 (+4 Con, +2)

Will: +3 (+3 Wis, +0)

I'm only counting 2 points to the Fort save, not 7. Also, note your Dex in your Ref save.

Acrobatics 1 (+11)

Bluff 4 (+8)

Diplomacy 2 (+6)

Disguise 2 (+6)

Drive 1 (+10)

Knowledge, Security Systems 3 (+4)

Notice 4 (+4)

Perform, dance 1 (+5)

Search 2 (+3)

Stealth 1 (+11)

Adds up. Though Security Systems is Technology. Skills are supposed to be broad. Also, note your Attractive bonus in the relevant skills.

Feats: 34pp

Acrobatic Bluff

Ambidexterity

Attack Focus, Melee 9

Attractive 1

Defensive Attack

Defensive Roll 3

Dodge Focus 5

Elusive Target

Evasion 2

Fascinate, Bluff

Grappling Finesse

Improved Defense 1

Improved Grab

Improved Pin

Improved Throw

Improved Trip

Prone Fighting

Sneak Attack 1

Adds up.

Format: Power X (name/descriptor; Extras: whatever; Flaws: whatever; PFs: whatever) [cost]

example: Blast 12 (fiery bolt; PFs: 1 Alternate Power) [25]

AP: Blast 8 (fireball; Extra: Explosion)

Concentrated Pleasure Touch (Nauseate 8; Alternate Save - Will: No Saving Throw: Limited 1 - Skin to Skin Contact: Alternate Powers 2) [26]

AP: Ecstasy Kiss (Pheromones 8; Alternate Save - Will: Limited - Skin to Lips Contact [24])

AP: Sensory Overload (Stun 10; Alternate Save - Will: Limited - Skin to Skin Contact [20])

Pleasure Touch (Nauseate 1; Alternate Save - Will: Permanent: Innate) [4]

Depite being a bit over the top for the setting here, let's discuss these powers first. What you're looking for is not the Limited flaw, it's Aura extra and a Power Loss drawback. Also, the No Saving Throw extra probably isn't gonna fly, i'll discuss it with the other refs though.

Spatial Sense (Super Senses 4; Detect - Empty Space Ranged, Radius: Danger Sense Spatial Sense) [4]

Looks good, but it could be cleaned up a bit: Super Senses 4 (Spatial Sense [Detect Empty Spaces (mental?), Radius, Ranged], Danger Sense [spatial sense])

Blink (Teleport 10; Change Direction: Change Velocity: Easy: Progression Mass 1: Turnabout Short Range)

Looks good

We try to maintain a Silver/Bronze Age style game here. We're the lighter side of PG-13. Some reference reference materials are the DCAU cartoons or the Buffy/Angel series. If it wouldn't fly on there, it's not gonna fly here. That said, the backstory and powers could use some reworking.

That's fine, I wasn't entirely sure and kept things as generic as possible. I'll see what I can think up and still try to keep her motivations intact. I've never read the DCAU, although I have seen Buffy, the movie. I'll aim for a little net research. If the concept is too much, I have no problem scrapping and trying to work the powers in a different manner. I'm sure I could come up with a similar base of powers to make things work. When I made the character, I wanted to write a villain; both in terms of writing practice and since there was a site where someone was saying you needed them. I don't think I could write the cold heartless type and needed to have some empathy with the character. She loves the thrill and feels a bit of entitlement, so there's no gray area about being a villain...

Complications:

Will not use any "lethal" weapons or objects (These include; guns, blades, blasting type devices, explosives, etc)

"Will not kill" is not a complication in a game where it is assumed you are doing nonlethal damage unless you explicitly say so

Ok I'll probably put it that she won't use weapons or other "lethal" devices (even if they do non-lethal damage). Complications don't really do anything in play other than flesh out your character, am I correct in assuming this?

Knockback: -2 (-1 flat-footed)

Note your knockback when you are flat-footed.

I'm kind of new to the system, I assume that's right...

Fortitude: +6 (+2 Con, +4)

Will: +3 (+0 Wis, +3)

I'm only counting 2 points to the Fort save, not 7. Also, note your Dex in your Ref save.

Sorry had a few numbers flipped, I edited the above, there was +4 for fort and +3 to will. She has a +0 wis bonus so needed the points to have any will save.

Acrobatics 1 (+11)

Bluff 4 (+8/+12 attractive)

Diplomacy 2 (+6/+10 attractive)

Disguise 2 (+6)

Drive 1 (+10)

Knowledge, Technology 3 (+4)

Notice 4 (+4)

Perform, dance 1 (+5)

Search 2 (+3)

Stealth 1 (+11)

Adds up. Though Security Systems is Technology. Skills are supposed to be broad. Also, note your Attractive bonus in the relevant skills.

Pleasure Touch (Nauseate 1; Alternate Save - Will: Aura: Duration 2 (sustained): Full Power: Power Loss (when touched skin to skin only): Innate) [4]

Depite being a bit over the top for the setting here, let's discuss these powers first. What you're looking for is not the Limited flaw, it's Aura extra and a Power Loss drawback. Also, the No Saving Throw extra probably isn't gonna fly, i'll discuss it with the other refs though.

Ok I think that works. I know that Full Power on a rank 1 power is probably not a disadvantage, but I couldn't think of any other way to put that she can't turn it off.

A couple of thoughts. First is my intention, I have no desire to write anything beyond PG with her. I kind of thought she'd have much of a personality like Catwoman on the outside, a little sultry, but with no desire to ever act on it. Mind you (and let's keep this between you and me) my comic knowledge is not that great :) So if the character doesn't work for the setting, I can easily redo another. Idea's are easy to come up with. I was just trying for a villain that I could write for that would be interesting and I could feel enough empathy to do justice.

While I can remove the no save, I figured that since it was limited to touch, and can be defeated by a shirt, pants, whatever, it wouldn't be that bad. Regardless, if it's a problem I'll rework the points and shift some things around. I'm not sure how the game mechanics would work on this. I kind of guessed one of the following would have to happen:

(1) Roll to hit with large modifiers for targeting an area of bare skin

(2) Roll to hit, initiate a successful grapple, roll to hit with a normal modifier for having the opponent pinned?

Again, I'm a little new to this system so I'm not entirely sure. The character creation is a lot more complicated than other games I have played.

Super Senses 4 (Spatial Sense [Detect Empty Spaces (passive sonar) Ranged, Radius] Danger Sense [spatial Sense])

Looks good, but it could be cleaned up a bit: Super Senses 4 (Spatial Sense [Detect Empty Spaces (mental?), Radius, Ranged], Danger Sense [spatial sense])

Cleaned up, and I was thinking it was more like a hyper sensitive passive sonar type deal.

So I guess before I do too much reworking on the backstory (frankly the hardest part of a character for me), let me know if the concept is too much or not. If it is, then I'll try to rework it while keeping a similar power framework. If it's a matter of changing names around and being careful with posts, then that's no problem. Just let me know what would be acceptable.

Ok I'll probably put it that she won't use weapons or other "lethal" devices (even if they do non-lethal damage). Complications don't really do anything in play other than flesh out your character, am I correct in assuming this?

Yes, but hear me out. Complications are supposed to be hinderances to your character. If used they can net you a hero point (or villain point in your case). "Will not use lethal weapons" isn't really a hinderance as much is it is your personality. Now Hatred of lethal force could be a complication. Else just put it in your personality section

Ok I think that works. I know that Full Power on a rank 1 power is probably not a disadvantage, but I couldn't think of any other way to put that she can't turn it off.

If you have Aura on a power, the duration is for the Aura. So making it Permanent doesn't make the person nauseated forever, just your aura forever. My critique goes for your array too. That said, it can't be an array if it's permanent. Also, why innate? Is there no way her mutation can be nullified?

A couple of thoughts. First is my intention, I have no desire to write anything beyond PG with her. I kind of thought she'd have much of a personality like Catwoman on the outside, a little sultry, but with no desire to ever act on it. Mind you (and let's keep this between you and me) my comic knowledge is not that great :) So if the character doesn't work for the setting, I can easily redo another. Idea's are easy to come up with. I was just trying for a villain that I could write for that would be interesting and I could feel enough empathy to do justice.
this is fine.

While I can remove the no save, I figured that since it was limited to touch, and can be defeated by a shirt, pants, whatever, it wouldn't be that bad. Regardless, if it's a problem I'll rework the points and shift some things around. I'm not sure how the game mechanics would work on this. I kind of guessed one of the following would have to happen:

(2) Roll to hit, initiate a successful grapple, roll to hit with a normal modifier for having the opponent pinned?

Again, I'm a little new to this system so I'm not entirely sure. The character creation is a lot more complicated than other games I have played.

Again, Permanent Aura with a Power Loss drawback is what you're looking for here.

Cleaned up, and I was thinking it was more like a hyper sensitive passive sonar type deal.

The senses are Auditory (hearing), Visual (sight), Olfactory (includes smell and taste), and Mental. These are what you base your Super-Senses on. If you ever lose that sense, you lose your super sense. Your spatial sense has to be based on one of these, the Danger sense based on the spatial sense is A-OK though

So I guess before I do too much reworking on the backstory (frankly the hardest part of a character for me), let me know if the concept is too much or not. If it is, then I'll try to rework it while keeping a similar power framework. If it's a matter of changing names around and being careful with posts, then that's no problem. Just let me know what would be acceptable.
The refs are discussing this

Complications:

Yes, but hear me out. Complications are supposed to be hinderances to your character. If used they can net you a hero point (or villain point in your case). "Will not use lethal weapons" isn't really a hinderance as much is it is your personality. Now Hatred of lethal force could be a complication. Else just put it in your personality section

Ah, I didn't know that. Ok that makes sense. Dropped and will put it in personality section. Should I drop the morality section as well as it really borders more on personality than an in game conundrum?

Pleasure Touch (Nauseate 1; Alternate Save - Will: Additional Save - Will: Aura - Permanent: Duration 2 (sustained): Full Power: Power Loss (when touched, skin to skin only): Innate) [4]

If you have Aura on a power, the duration is for the Aura. So making it Permanent doesn't make the person nauseated forever, just your aura forever. My critique goes for your array too. That said, it can't be an array if it's permanent. Also, why innate? Is there no way her mutation can be nullified?

I am confused, trust me this happens a lot...

There are two separate powers that we're talking about.

(1) The array, which contains the attack versions of the biochemical aspects. She learned to concentrate them to make them far more effective than their normal state (which is the second Nauseate bought as a separate power). So the array has Nauseate 8, Pheromones 8, Stun 10 and is all aspects of her being able to concentrate her biochemistry into a form that's effective as an attack. They are neither permanent or innate as they require concentration and effort to pull off. No to recap, they are not always on which is why I bought them separate.

(2) The second Nauseate is bought separately since having always on powers in an array was listed as a no no. I made the changes you suggested and I think I even understand them. The effect is not permanent on the victim, but she has no ability to turn off the power either. It is a part of her just as much as saliva. That's why I chose innate with that power. All being said, a simple piece of clothing, rubber gloves, and what not is enough to "nullify" it. I really wanted this as a disadvantage for her, she can't control this, turn it off, and it's part of what drove her to where she is now. If she can turn it off, then much of the backstory (which admittedly needs to be redone in part or whole) is kind of invalid. However, if the concept remains mostly intact, I'd really like to keep this... sort of the same problems that Rogue had in XMen, can't touch people without repercussions.

Edit: I think I figured out how to convey it. Using Aura, Permanent along with an additional save should make it more of a disadvantage and hopefully not unbalancing.

If I'm being obtuse or pushing something I shouldn't let me know. However, I think I'm just confusing you... which isn't surprising as I think I have contagious confusion as a personal ability.

Again, Permanent Aura with a Power Loss drawback is what you're looking for here.

Are we talking about the aura or the array now? In the above, that was the procedure I was assuming for the array powers. Should i have used "requires grapple" to simulate the difficulty in finding a way to get skin to skin contact for those attacks to work? The Aura I mostly get. It's on, it happens no matter what else she's doing. I don't want her to make the attacks too easy, they're meant to take some effort to make them happen. When I was working out the above, I was talking through what I assumed would happen for the array attack powers, which are not always on, and require conscious effort to happen.

Super Senses 4 (Spatial Sense [Detect Empty Spaces (hearing) Ranged, Radius] Danger Sense [spatial Sense])

The senses are Auditory (hearing), Visual (sight), Olfactory (includes smell and taste), and Mental. These are what you base your Super-Senses on. If you ever lose that sense, you lose your super sense. Your spatial sense has to be based on one of these, the Danger sense based on the spatial sense is A-OK though.

Ok then hearing it is, that makes the most sense for a sonar like ability that's radius based. I can't see smell really doing it.

The refs are discussing this
Ok I just wanted to let you know why I hadn't made any changes too it. Rewording and avoiding parts is one type of edit. Reworking the whole idea is another all together and I'd hate to go that route unless I had too :)

Quick reply to update the aura power. Thanks to Doc, Shaen, Sand and everyone who talked me through this:

Nauseate (pleasure touch; Extras: Aura, Duration 3/Continuous; Alternate Save - Will; Flaw: Permanent; Drawback: Power Loss [when cannot make direct skin-to-skin contact]; Additional Save - Will) [4]

Players Name: Blink

Power Level: 10

Trade-Offs: +3 Defense for -3 Toughness

Unspent PP: 0

Characters Name: Blink

Alternate Identity: Nadia Batalova

Height: 5'4"

Weight: 110lbs

Hair: Dark Brown

Eyes: Dark Brown

Blink_alt_color3.jpg

Description:

Nadia is an attractive young woman with the thin athletic build of a gymnast. She has dark shoulder length hair with large eyes that look far more innocent than they are. She looks slightly younger than her 23 years and despite all that has happened to her, she usually has a slight smile on her face. When she is not on a heist, she tends to dress in long sleeves, pants, and gloves covering as much skin as possible. Even when on a job, she still tends to wear mostly concealing clothes. She has a fluid grace about her that's nearly hard to believe unless it is seen.

History:

Excerpts for Parole Board: South River State Penetentairy

Presiding Psychiatrist: Anna Williamson

Case Note 1145898-01: Regarding her family

Dr. Williamson: So Nadia, what do you think your family thinks about…

Batalova: I don’t care what they think, if I never see them again it will be too soon.

Dr. Williamson: I see, so you have some real issues with them?

Batalova: No.

Dr. Williamson: It says that your mother brought you over here from the Soviet Union, is that right? That must have been some sacrifice. I know it’s hard, but you really should consider what she went through.

Batalova: My mother… she’s wonderful, she just had the stupidity to hook up with a junkie.

Dr. Williamson: Oh, then your father?

Batalova: Stepfather, he touched me, a lot.

Dr. Williamson: Really? There’s nothing in the file about this. You mean, assaulted you? Did you file a police report?

Batalova: No, he just touched me… all the time. On the head, or shoulder, holding hands, whatever.

Dr. Williamson: Well he was your father; I would expect him to have contact with you. Is this some kind of phobia that we need to talk about?

Batalova: Did you even read my file?

Dr. Williamson: Yes, I make sure to go over all the relevant information.

Batalova: Think about it then Ms. Williamson. He wasn’t touching me to pat me on the shoulder, or to rub my hair because I did well. He was touching me to get a fix. I was a drug to him, plain and simple. It wouldn’t have mattered if I went to Harvard, or sat on the couch forever; as long as he could get the next hit. You ever look into the eyes of a junkie Ms. Williamson?

Dr. Williamson: Yes, many times.

Batalova: Now look at your fathers eyes and realize that all he sees you as is his escape. He wasn’t all that fond of me leaving the house much either.

Dr. Williamson: I see…

Case Note 1145898-04: Conduct in Prison

Dr. Williamson: Right, I’ll make note of that. Now let’s move on to your conduct in this facility. I have in front of me twelve different official incident reports and the guards I spoke with said that could be double or triple.

Batalova: They’re likely right.

Dr. Williamson: You do know that parole is offered for good behavior?

Batalova: They weren’t fights I started Ms. Williamson.

Dr. Williamson: Nadia, I am a doctor and would appreciate it if you would acknowledge it as such. I have also noticed that it takes two to fight. You aren’t very keen on avoiding these confrontations.

Batalova: This bracelet seems to prevent me avoiding them.

Dr. Williamson: Well without it you would just ‘blink out of here’ as you put it.

Batalova: Sure, but they could have had the decency to block everything.

Dr. Williamson: I was told that it stopped up to 99% of your functioning powers. That seems pretty effective to me.

Batalova: Take my hand.

Dr. Williamson: I don’t see the point of this.

Batalova: Take my hand, if you really want to know why I’ve been in confrontations.

Dr. Williamson: Fine, but if you try something, I assure you that you will serve significantly more… oh my… that’s very… nice.

Batalova: It’s the 1% that’s the kicker. It might not have made them addicts, but it didn’t mean that they didn’t find the fights enjoyable. There’s not much for entertainment here. I guess I was easy enough to get a rise out of me plus a little bonus for the ride. I guess I'm not smart enough to become someone's property, not many tried twice.

Dr. Williamson: Yes. Ahem. I’ll take that into consideration. However, violence is not really a reasoned response. You could have enrolled in any of the several conflict management courses.

Case Note 1145898-09: The Crime and associations

Dr. Williamson: Nadia, we’ve covered a lot of topics. I want to focus on what you were convicted of, that is the robbery of Go-Mart. I believe you stole not only cash, but a substantial quantity of food. How do you feel about this?

Batalova: Bad?

Dr. Williamson: Because you did it, or because you got caught. I’ll take that to mean you feel bad you got caught. Why did you do it?

Batalova: There aren’t a whole lot of career options for someone my age and education. I needed food and money. It wasn’t much of a choice really.

Dr. Williamson: How do you feel about it? Be honest, you aren’t likely to get parole anyway, so you might as well get something out of this session.

Batalova: Fine. You want me to say I liked it? Well you’re right. For the first time, I was in charge. No one was telling me what to do; no one was using me for their own purposes. I was in and out before the clerk even knew what was going on. If Foreshadow hadn’t been there, no one would have known.

Dr. Williamson: Yes, that’s what you said at trial and it’s something you should think on in your time remaining here. I suppose it’s a shame to realize that our efforts of rehabilitation haven’t been successful. However, that’s hardly surprising. It seems that your only friends here are lifetime members of various criminal organizations.

Batalova: Well there aren’t a lot of other people to associate with.

Dr. Williamson: It’s about choices Nadia, you have made poor ones, and this is just another example.

Case Note: 114898-14: Recommendation

While I feel sorry for Miss Batalova, that is not what I am here to provide. The question before me is whether or not Miss Batalova should be eligible for parole. I can only say that Miss Batalova is neither reformed nor regretful for the actions she committed. I would strongly recommend that she remain incarcerated for the full term of her sentence.

Personality & Motivation:

Nadia's primary motivation is to never be an object for anyone again. She has trained and worked to make this a reality. She relishes the thrill and challenge of a theft, and gets a feeling of empowerment that has been sorely lacking in her life. Yet, theft is about the greatest extent that she will stoop too. She seems to place value on all life, and will try to ensure that people are not killed when she is working. She is willing to ignore that her employers do not have the same compulsions and they don't mind as long as she accomplishes their goals. When cornered, she will fight ferociously, but prefers to use subtlety and stealth to get the job done.

Powers & Tactics:

Most of Nadia’s troubles in life have been when forced into contact with people. She learned at an early age that avoiding a conflict is much better than winning one. She has learned to fight using her powers to enhance this motto. When confronted with force, Nadia will usually choose to cut and run; as long as there is no real down side to things. She dislikes hurting people, so this is usually the preferred option. Yet when needed, she will blink into the fray, appearing directly on someone if necessary. There she uses her blend of Jujitsu and Sambo to either disable, disorient, or incapacitate her foe. Her body chemistry can be a huge ally in this department.

When there is too much heat to handle, she will attempt to even the odds by porting foes away to divide and conquer. In all cases, she looks to her own safety first before worrying about removing a foe.

Complications:

Despises addicts

Attack Bonus: +1 / +10 Melee

Defense Bonus: +13 / +4 flat footed

Knockback Resist: -2 / -1 flat footed

Saves: 11pp

Fortitude: +7 (+2 Con, +5)

Reflex: +11 (+10 Dex, +1)

Will: +5 (+0 Wis, +5)

Skills: 32 = 8pp

Acrobatics 1 (+11)

Bluff 5 (+9/+13 attractive)

Diplomacy 2 (+6/+10 attractive)

Disguise 2 (+6)

Drive 1 (+11)

Disable Device 5 (+6)

Notice 6 (+6)

Perform, dance 1 (+5)

Search 6 (+7)

Feats: 33pp

Ambidexterity

Attack Focus, Melee 9

Attractive 1

Defensive Attack

Defensive Roll 3

Dodge Focus 5

Elusive Target

Evasion 2

Fascinate, Bluff

Grappling Finesse

Improved Defense 1

Improved Grab

Improved Grapple

Improved Pin

Improved Throw

Improved Trip

Sneak Attack 1

Powers: 44pp

Stun 8 (Pleasure Touch; Feats: Sedation; Extras: Alternate Save [Will]; Drawback: Power Loss 1 [skin to Skin Contact Only]) [18]

AP: Emotion Control 10 (Ecstatic Kiss; Flaw: Limited to Emotion [Love]; Extras: Alternate Save [Will], Poison; Flaw: Range 2 [touch]; Drawbacks: Power Loss 1 [Lips to Skin])

AP: Strike 9 (Sensation Overload; Extra: Secondary Effect; Drawback: Power Loss 1 [skin to Skin Contact])

Super Senses 6 (Spatial Sense; Detect [Empty Space Ranged], Radius, Accurate: Danger Sense [spatial Sense]) [6]

Teleport 9 (Blink; Feats: Change Direction, Change Velocity, Easy, Progression Mass 1 [250 lbs], Turnabout; Flaws: Short Range [900 ft]) [16]

Strike 6 (Submission Strikes; Feat: Mighty; Flaw: Requires Grapple) [3]

Mind Control 1 (Addictive Touch; Flaws: One Command [Touch me]; Extras: Action 3, Duration 2; Flaws: Range 2, Uncontrolled) [3]

Drawbacks: 0pp

ATTACKS: SAVE DC: DAMAGE TYPE:

(Name of Attack) (Save DC/Type) (Type of Damage: Bruise/Injury, or other)

Addictive Touch --- 11/Will --- Other

Pleasure Touch --- 18/Will Staged -- Other

Ecstatic Kiss --- 20/Will --- Other

Submission Strike --- 22/Tough --- Bruise

Sensation Overload --- 24/Tough --- Bruise

Unarmed --- 16/Tough --- Bruise

Costs: Abilities (36) + Combat (18) + Saves (11) + Skills (8) + Feats (33) + Powers (44) - Drawbacks (00) = 100

Note: Reworked a lot of things in the character after an afternoon of talking to the brain trust on chat. Thank you to everyone who had suggestions and ideas to make my concept work. If I should update the original post, let me know.

Note2: Fixed attacks section, flipped a couple of points