Trade-Offs: None

Unspent PP: None

Characters Name: Alexis 'Chicken Sticks' Cedar

Alternate Identity: Chicken Sticks

Height: 6'

Weight: 220lbs

Hair: Brown

Eyes: Brown

Description: Alexis is a big guy. He is reasonably built, and has an air of confidence around him. He prefers wearing torn jeans, 'wife-beater' undershirts, and more often than not he sports a bandanna as a headband to hold his incredibly unkempt hair away from his eyes (if only just barely).

History: Alexis had always wanted to be a professional drummer. When he was a kid, he would find all the sticks he could and run around the yard banging on things. Needless to say this irritated his parents quite a bit, especially when he began banging on the other children as well. A few drum lessons later, however, and Alexis was content. However, Alexis could not find a band that wanted him to play. They all said he was too much of a traditional drummer. Even after he tried changing up his drumming style, it became clear that nobody wanted him. After a few frustrated years of drum lessons and no band to show off in, Alexis was about to give up. One Christmas eve, he prayed to the poster of Ronnie James Dio in his bedroom to give him some sign that he should keep going. The next morning, before he went downstairs he found a new pair of drumsticks beneath that poster. They were inlaid with gold and silver stylized veins. They truly were a sight to behold. Over the next few days, for some reason, the phone began ringing off the hook by bands that were looking to hire him on as their drummer. Suddenly he went from no-class, out-of-work drummer, straight to stardom. He was convinced those drumsticks were a gift from the gods...

Personality & Motivation: Alexis is a very motivated and determined person. His experiences have shown him that the worst thing that you can do in any situation is give up. Because once you have given up, what else is left? That said, Alexis is the type of person that will stop at nothing to get what he wants. He prefers to do things the 'right way', but if there is something that he really wants badly enough, he is not above doing a little wrong just to get it.

Powers & Tactics: Alexis is an awesome drummer. His skill on the drums is further augmented by a mysterious pair of drumsticks sent to him by the 'Gods of Rock', as he says. Whenever he uses these sticks, he can drum better and for longer periods of time. But the drumsticks have other abilities as well, abilities which Alexis is just beginning to discover. Needless to say he carries these sticks everywhere with him. He would not even entrust them to a safety deposit box.

Complications:

Stats: 28pp

Str: 14 (+2)

Dex: 14 (+2)

Con: 12 (+1)

Int: 14 (+2)

Wis: 14 (+2)

Cha: 20 (+5)

Combat: 16pp

Attack: +3 (+7 w/ BLAST/STRIKE [3 BASE])

Grapple: +4

Defense: +7 (+2 flat-footed [5 Base])

Knockback: -0 (-3 w/ drumsticks)

Initiative: +10

Saves: 10pp

Toughness: +1 w/o drumsticks (+1 Con); +6 w/drumsticks (+1 Con, +5 Protection)

Fortitude: +5 w/o drumsticks (+1 Con, +4); +7 w/drumsticks (+1 Con, +3 Enhanced Fortitude, +4)

Reflex: +5 (+2 Dex, +3)

Will: +5 (+2 Wis, +3)

Skills: 44r = 11pp

Intimidate 6 (+11) (+20 w/ Drumsticks)

Knowledge (Pop Culture) 10 (+12)

Notice 10 (+12)

Perform (Drums) 8 (+13) (+20 w/ Drumsticks)

Sense Motive 10 (+12)

Feats: 7pp

Dodge Focus 2

Improved initiative 2

Luck

Skill Focus (Perform (Drums); Intimidate; Notice; Knowledge (Pop Culture))

Ultimate Effort (Perform [Drums])

Powers: 27pp

Easy to Lose Device 6 (Drumsticks of Fearsome Rock Power) PF: Restricted 2, Indestructible [21pp]

Blast 7 PF: Accurate 2, Three Alternate Powers (Metronome) [19pp]

AP: Strike 5 Extras: Autofire PF: Mighty, Accurate 2 (Drum Roll)

AP: Strike 5 Extras: Knockback PF: Mighty, Accurate 2 (Bass Blow)

AP: Sonic Control 7 (Drum Solo)

Enhanced Feats: [2pp]

- Power Attack

- All Out Attack

Enhanced Fortitude 3 [3pp]

Enhanced Skills [16r = 4pp]

- Intimidate 9

- Perform Drums 7

Protection 6 [6pp]

Enhanced Charisma 2 [2pp]

Drawbacks: 0pp

DC Block:

ATTACKS: SAVE DC: DAMAGE TYPE:

Metronome (Blast) DC 22/Toughness Bruise

Drum Roll (strike) DC 22/Toughness Bruise (Autofire)

Bass Blow (strike) DC 22/Toughness Bruise

Sonic Control DC 17/Fortitude Deafened

Unarmed DC 17/Toughness Bruise

Costs: Abilities (28) + Combat (16) + Saves (10) + Skills (11) + Feats (7) + Powers (21) - Drawbacks (00) = 96pp

Oh hey I'm a ref now, better help get some things approved. And no I'm not showing favoritism, this was the first one that didn't have anyone actively looking over it.

Stats: 24pp

Str: 14 (+2)

Dex: 14 (+2)

Con: 12 (+1)

Int: 14 (+2)

Wis: 14 (+2)

Cha: 16 (+3)

Looks good

Combat: 12pp

Attack: +2 (+2 w/ Drumsticks; +2 w/ BLAST/STRIKE [2 BASE])

Grapple: +4

Defense: +6 (+2 flat-footed)

Knockback: -0 (-3 w/ drumsticks)

Initiative: +6

Firstly, notation wise, it would help if the total attack bonus for everything was just spelled out. Secondly, the Attack Specialization for the Drumsticks themselves might not be too kosher. Attack specialization is meant for something simple like "Swords" or "unarmed" not necessarily the best thing for something that has an array structure attatched to it. In addition note what the Base Defnse is as well, it just makes my job easier, and gives me an excuse to boss you around.

Saves: 6pp

Toughness: +6 (+1 Con, +5 Drumsticks)

Fortitude: +3 (+1 Con, +2)

Reflex: +4 (+2 Dex, +2)

Will: +4 (+2 Wis, +2)

Numbers add up, but it would help if you tacked on a notation for both Fortidue and Toughness what his saves are like with/ without the drumsticks.

Skills: 24r = 6pp

Intimidate 4 (+7) (+12 w/ Drumsticks)

Knowledge (Pop Culture) 8 (+10)

Notice 4 (+6)

Perform (Drums) 4 (+7) (+14 w/ Drumsticks)

Sense Motive 4 (+6)

Looks good.

Feats: 7pp

Attack Specialization (Drumsticks)

Dodge Focus 2

Improved initiative

Luck

Skill Focus (Perform (Drums); Intimidate; Notice; Knowledge (Pop Culture))

Ultimate Effort (Perform (Drums))

Looks Good.

Powers: 35pp

Device 8 (Drumsticks of Fearsome Rock Power) PF: Restricted 2, Indestructible [35pp]

Drumsticks of Fearsome Rock Power - 40 points wrote:

Blast 6 PF: Accurate, Two Alternate Powers (Metronome) [15pp]

AP: Strike 4 Extras: Autofire PF: Mighty, Accurate (Drum Roll)

AP: Strike 4 Extras: Knockback PF: Mighty, Accurate (Bass Blow)

Enhanced Feats: [2pp]

- Power Attack

- All Out Attack

Enhanced Fortitude 3 [3pp]

Enhanced Skills [12r = 3pp]

- Intimidate 5

- Perform Drums 7

Protection 5 [5pp]

Sonic Control 6 [12pp]

Numberically everything adds up. But I am curious as to why the drumsticks are a hard to lose Device instead of an easy to lose device. Usually weapon like devices can be taken away from the user much like their mundane counterparts. Just wondering why the Drumsticks can't be take away. Secondly, why is Sonic contol outside of the Array?

Finally, in the DC Block please denote the DC for the Sonic Control and make a note that Drum roll is an Autofire effect.

Looks good

Nothing changed on stats.

Firstly, notation wise, it would help if the total attack bonus for everything was just spelled out. Secondly, the Attack Specialization for the Drumsticks themselves might not be too kosher. Attack specialization is meant for something simple like "Swords" or "unarmed" not necessarily the best thing for something that has an array structure attatched to it. In addition note what the Base Defnse is as well, it just makes my job easier, and gives me an excuse to boss you around.

Fixed, oh bossy one.

Note another rank of Improved Initiative was added. Total is adjusted accordingly.

Numbers add up, but it would help if you tacked on a notation for both Fortidue and Toughness what his saves are like with/ without the drumsticks.

Mission complete! I had some points free, so I put more into base saves.

Looks good.

Thanks, but I ended up increasing my skills.

Looks Good.

Dropped Drum Spec as requested. Moved that point to Imp Init.

Numberically everything adds up. But I am curious as to why the drumsticks are a hard to lose Device instead of an easy to lose device. Usually weapon like devices can be taken away from the user much like their mundane counterparts. Just wondering why the Drumsticks can't be take away. Secondly, why is Sonic contol outside of the Array?

Um... I don't know what I was thinking there. I may have just forgotten about it. I moved it into the array, and gave it a cool name. This ended up freeing a lot of points which ended up getting placed into skills, and saves. Also, I adjusted the Powers in the array to be Accurate 2. This should replace the bonus from Attack specialization.

The device is hard to lose because Alexis is very attached to his drumsticks. (He has slept with them every night since he received them.) Normally it WOULD be easy to knock such implements from a man's hands, but Alexis is far to attached to his drumsticks and holds them in the tightest of vice-grips. (The power of the gods of rock helps too!)

Finally, in the DC Block please denote the DC for the Sonic Control and make a note that Drum roll is an Autofire effect.

Done and Done.

even though the character credited for my second npc never actually got points because he was retired during the same month that the NPC was approved?

When you were asked for the pp for that character point, who did it go to? If it went to the retired character, I would think you're out of luck, but I'll ask the other refs about the point.

When you were asked for the pp for that character point, who did it go to? If it went to the retired character, I would think you're out of luck, but I'll ask the other refs about the point.

Don't think I was ever actually asked. That or I never actually specified. Or at least I don't remember doing so. Oh well. Discuss as you will :)

• 4 weeks later...