Darian and Erin

Sandman XI

"There's something there," Erin murmurs, her voice barely audible. She hugs her arms to her chest, still staring at the place where the portal was, now a blank white void. "Nothing should be there now. Something else came. After the people, after the zombies..." She trails off, goes quiet for a minute, then seems to shake herself back to reality.

"I'm sorry," she tells him. "I just... I couldn't do it." Rubbing her face hard with one hand, she looks away from him as she makes that painful admission. "Not even to save them. God, I'm such a coward! But it's dangerous to go back. I lived, but I don't know if anyone else could."

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darian considers their options. She obviously didn't want to go there, but he had her reading on file. It's only a simple task to pull up her file now. When she starts talking about something else being there, his curiousity perks. This could be bad or good. Nodding sympathetically at her plight, it's the only thing he knows to do. He speaks up, "I wish I could say I understand or even knew what to say in your time of grief. Just know you can come to me anytime you need help." Opening a portal back to where they were, "But first let us depart this place as it seems to cause you agony."

Erin purses her lips. What she's feeling isn't exactly grief, or at least not much more than usual. It's more along the lines of craven terror, but there doesn't seem to be any need to admit that. She's just got to figure out a way to overcome it. "Yeah," she says finally, her voice a little raw. "Let's get out of here. Maybe... maybe later we can go and actually try out those ideas." She steps through the portal, back to the peaceful, real world where her pile of books is still waiting.