The Trial of Captain Knievel! [OOC]

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Malice is up after Ace, correct?

If so, then it's time for him to arrive, guns blazing. Which of course it means that Arrowhawk's attack goes off first. So if you could do ahead and roll that so I know if/what I have to save against.

Malice's turn in a nut shell:

Move Action: Arrive on scene (again)

No Action: Get shot at by Arrowhawk

Standard Action: (hopefully) Open up on Scarab.

Ok then to clarify the active villians we're all aware of are:

Captain Knieval; Who just bashed down the security door to outside before being distracted.

And Malice; Who is moving to engage the Heroes out front but doesn't get there till his action.

Vestige is unconcious in an open but otherwise empty cell.

Ronin is unconcious in a pile of garbage or something somewhere.

Right?

Failed by 4, took a bruise.

Beat Scarab's defense by 1, so DC is bumped up to 33. However, there is a minor issue. ESP is supposed to be a little distracting because you're looking at places other than where you're at. But Scarab searched the area (very quickly I might add) and knew I was coming. So I'm not sure if she has her full defense bonus, which would change the DC.

The Scarab's ESP not only lacks the Distracting flaw, but includes the Simultaneous extra. So that shouldn't be an issue.

Toughness Save (DC33): 27. Failed by 6.

(I forgot to include the -1 for her previous Injury.)

The Scarab is Injured x2 and Stunned for 1 round. She has 0 HPs.

Losing her Dodge bonus drops her Defense to +2, and the -2 DEF penalty for being Stunned drops it down to +0 (DC10). Does Malice want to Surge for another shot?

DC33 Damage. 33-15=18.

Damage +18 - Knockback 5 = 13.

Rank 13 on the Progression table = 10,000 ft.

The attacker can always choose to inflict a lesser result. So unless Geez3r or the GM says otherwise, The Scarab is knocked back 2 miles and falls prone.

M&M2E, page 166: The character suffers damage equal to the knockback result or the Toughness of any obstacle (such as a wall), whichever is less. The obstacle suffers damage equal to the knockback result (which may damage or break it). If the character breaks through the obstacle, he keeps going the remainder of the knockback distance. If the obstacle is another character, treat the result as a slam attack (see page 158) doing damage equal to the knockback result to both parties. The character ends up prone and must get back up normally.

As requested by AA in chat:

Toughness Saves (DC23): 27, 24.

Toughness Save (DC20): 19. That's a Bruise.

So currently, The Scarab is prone, and has 1 Bruise, 2 Injuries, is Stunned for 1 round, and has 1 HP (per Chat).

Concentrate check to maintain Force Field as a Reaction (DC18): 31.

So currently, The Scarab is prone, and has 1 Bruise, 2 Injuries, is Stunned for 1 round, and has 1 HP (per Chat).31.

While I'm neither a ref nor actually involved in this thread I do feel a need to point out that lethal attacks also cause non-lethal damage conditions in addition to the lethal ones.

So Scarab should have at least as many Bruise conditions as Injuries.

Huh, I could have sworn he did, but it looks like you're right, durf. (The comic book physics of the minigun always take some getting used to.) When you're right, you're right. (Hmm, come to think of it, _I_ didn't specify that the exploding truck was for lethal either!) All's fair in love and war; Shaen, I believe that's three bruised and one injured. Take an HP for that last one, since I'm backwards Fiating on myself here. :)

Now, I mess anything else up this round? Or are we good to go with Warmonger's turn? :D

Ok not sure what my VP configuration was before. So will repool all points. 1pp on instant up.

Now will spend 2pps on Stealth. To get a +16 modifier ( I assume the Scarab isn't able to transmit my position since she can no longer see). 1pp on All-Out Attack

Will make a stealth check. Then will line up arrowhawk for a snipe.

Stealth Check.

1d20+16=29

Using Sniper Rifle All-Out attack and power Attack

1d20+10=15

hmm pretty sure that is a miss. Then again I'm not sure if he he has his full def since I surprise attack him. If it is a hit because of that the it is DC 27.