The Trial of Captain Knievel! [OOC]

Also if its a reflex save wouldn't vestige be caught in it (if in the area) unless specifically excluded by the selective feat? (as would Ace unless DS has an accurate or would it just need to be accute? sense other than vision or hearing to use to select not to effect him)

*edit: So his gravtic sense should notice Ace and he can chooe not to effect him with selective right?

**edit 2.0: Answered in chat. YAY HP :)Reflex save to not go *squish* (1d20+8=18) ick use da HP WOO HOO Reroll reflex (1d20+8=21)

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(00:38:56) Dr_Archeville: okay, here's my $0.02 on the Reflex save thing: if Knievel wants to try and keep hold of the Mook, he suffes a -2 penalty to the Reflex save. If he's more interested in escape, there's no penalty, but the Mook has a chance to wriggle free, so you & him make opposed Grapple checks as if he were trying to escape.

(00:39:22) quotemyname: i opt for option 2

grapple: opposed grapple (1d20+23=42)

Yea hes boned

Also: I believe the following checks stand.

DC21 Reflex: Reflex (1d20+7=18)

Fail

Villain point! (3 remaining) VP Reroll Reflex (1d20.minroll(11)+7=21)

Boosh! Your gravity does not affect me sir! Time to give this man a bad case of the dead!

This puts me back at 4VP

To all: Just as a friendly (tho now-underlined reminder, as I believe I did mention it before both in chat and here in the thread): Don't go until I say it's OK. When the character before you acts, don't act until I come in, finalize the results of their action, and say it's your turn in the initiative. We don't need any more chaos than we've already got. ;)

Well, the guy didn't suddenly get better at grappling, so of course that's successful, quote. :)

Dark Star, have an HP for the setback, since the bad advice I gave you made your strategy not work. Dark Star has mentioned he's got one more trick up his sleeve. When he's gone, and I've policed his action, it'll be Avalon's turn, since he's been waiting patiently in the wings.

As you lose your dodge bonus when grappled and the hostage is a mook who hasn't dodged an attack yet, we'll say Dark Star hits him automatically. ;) OK, so the paramedic is now insubstantial and running away: the police bystanders have earlier grabbed the unconscious police officer Orion left behind and jetted out of there. Dark Star's action is over and he's now down two HP.

Avalon! Your long wait is over; it's the turn of the Vestige! When Avalon goes, I'll finalize his results, and we'll move on to the next person.

spending a HP to surge and another to stunt

Not to nitpick... but um...What WAS it? You just say you power stunt, but I see on description in the OOC and only a vague one in the IC. Just curious as to what exactly you are doing. As it may affect the actions of myself or Avalon.

Since you already used your gravity control this round doesn't that mean you cannot switch to any AP's of the power? and you can't stunt off of it? (im AFB so I can't actually look it up, but that's just what I remember from AP rules.) if not that, what power are you using to stunt?

Dark Star's action (turning the hostage Insubstantial) is over and was successful.

EDIT: Since that was off Dark Star's main array, he won't be pinning anyone with Gravity Control. Ace and Vestige still need to make the DC 21 Reflex save, though, to determine whether they start out prone or not.

It's now Avalon's turn.

Again I feel I must raise an arguement. Sorry, but in my position, I need every advantage I can get.

The total point value of Dynamic Alternate Powers in use still cannot exceed the Array’s available power points and the Array’s configuration can still only change once per round.

That said, if you still want to allow it, fine. I'll just chalk it up to GM fiat. But as it significantly cuts my options, might I have a VP for it?