The Trial of Captain Knievel! [OOC]

The OOC thread for Captain Knievel's trial!

Alright, first we need to do some pre-trial stuff. Well, Quote does, mostly.

A) Knievel's secret ID is gone; when the cops were processing him, at least one recognized him as "rich superstar bodybuilder Taylor Rogers," and when his masked & unmasked faces were shown on tv broadcasts some folks who knew Taylor called in to see what was going on. He now has the Public ID complication, and the Criminal Record complication.

B) Will Rogers hire his own Defense Attorney, or use one provided by the courts? (You'll be posting for the DA, though I may PM you some pointers.)

C) How will he plead? If pleading innocent, how will his defense be set up? If pleading guilty, any plea bargaining?

The answers to these can be posted in the IC thread.

Same goes for everyone else -- post IC how your character reacted to the news, any pre-trial actions they take and so on. My next post will be for when the trial actually starts.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, a confession on my part: I've never watched any court show like Law & Order or Boston Legal -- most 'crime' shows I watch ares one like CSI or NCIS, which focuses on getting the evidence for a trial, but not the trial itself -- so I'm a bit of a fish out of water here. If anyone has advice/comments/criticisms, I'm all ears.

And, yes, Wealth 2 is easily enough to get a top-notch DA.

Before we go any further, DA is usually an abbreviation for "District Attorney" on the prosecution side. Not "Defense Attorney". Just trying to avoid confusion :)

I've watched more than my fair share of law and order too ;)

Also, who all are we waiting for here, so I know when to post again?

Cyroa, Avalon, Geez3r, Dr. Archeville, Ecal, myself, any others?

Yes... I don't really think their is a good shorthand for the Defendant's lawyer... Public Defendant for a court appointed attorney, but PD is also police department.

Public Defender. The "defendant" is the accused.

Huh... I always thought arrow hawk might wear something similar to the Green Arrow. I guess you do mention that he is like Batman except with arrows, I suppose I should have guessed that this pertained to his clothing, but honestly I just thought it was his skill set you were talking about all the time

How is Vestige "appearing unseen" in the courtroom? I don't see Concealment on his char sheet, nor a particularly high Stealth skill modifier. (You're free to power stunt something, but I do need to know if that's what you're doing.)

Also, if using Master Plan, go ahead and make the roll now.

Forgot to spell out the power stunt. Sorry Doc. :oops:

The Vestige will be powerstunting the following off of his Magic Array:

"Hunter and Commander"

-Concealment 10 (All Senses, Passive [-1], Close Range)

-Enhanced Feats 3 (Benefit [Tactician], Master Plan, Sneak Attack)

-Enhanced Skills 16 (Knowledge - Tactics +12 [8r], Stealth +13 [8r])

-Strike 2 ("Hunter's Blade"; Improved Critical 2, Mighty)

-Teleport 1 (Affects Others [+1])

*Benefit (Tactician) is basically Benefit (Use Knowledge - Tactics for Master Plan checks)

Concealment does include silencing my flight right?

Master Plan roll =20. So that's a +2.

uh...not to put a damper on this but question: does DS see Vestige (this back and forth with timeline, Oy vey!)? His senses currently counter concealment...

This the power he has on since he too is concealed:

- Communication 1 (Radio; PF: Dynamic) [2] + Concealment 10 (all visual, auditory, olfactory, and radio; PFs: Close Range, Dynamic, Selective) [23] + Super-Senses 14 (adds to Gravitic Field Sense (Acute [1], Analytical [1], Counters Concealment [2], Counters Obscure [5], Distance Sense [2] and Penetrates Concealment [4]) PF: Dynamic) [15]

Forgot to spell out the power stunt. Sorry Doc. :oops:

The Vestige will be powerstunting the following off of his Magic Array:

"Hunter and Commander"

-Concealment 10 (All Senses, Passive [-1], Close Range)

-Enhanced Feats 3 (Benefit [Tactician], Master Plan, Sneak Attack)

-Enhanced Skills 16 (Knowledge - Tactics +12 [8r], Stealth +13 [8r])

-Strike 2 ("Hunter's Blade"; Improved Critical 2, Mighty)

-Teleport 1 (Affects Others [+1])

*Benefit (Tactician) is basically Benefit (Use Knowledge - Tactics for Master Plan checks)

Concealment does include silencing my flight right?

Master Plan roll =20. So that's a +2.

That's a bit of a hodge-podge; I see the "Hunter," but where's the "Commander"? I'm gonna need some descriptors/flavor text for all of that.

Yes, the Concealment would effectively give his Flight Subtle 1.

Has Captain Knievel managed to see the courtroom at all? Would I be able try and formulate a master plan of my own?

I will say yes, that he was able to get a quick but good enough look at it during his pre-trial. Gimme a roll.

uh...not to put a damper on this but question: does DS see Vestige (this back and forth with timeline, Oy vey!)? His senses currently counter concealment...

This the power he has on since he too is concealed:

- Communication 1 (Radio; PF: Dynamic) [2] + Concealment 10 (all visual, auditory, olfactory, and radio; PFs: Close Range, Dynamic, Selective) [23] + Super-Senses 14 (adds to Gravitic Field Sense (Acute [1], Analytical [1], Counters Concealment [2], Counters Obscure [5], Distance Sense [2] and Penetrates Concealment [4]) PF: Dynamic) [15]

I've been thinking about that, actually: descriptors should play some part, I would think. Which Avalon should be giving us soon....

I will use my skill mastery over Knowledge (Tactics) to obtain a result of 22. That would be a +2 Master Plan bonus when I seek to activate it. I would love to give you some sort of conditions or circumstances to describe said plan, but I feel that would be better served after having a more detailed description of the courtroom (if there is one posted somewhere, I am sorry to have missed it, and can you direct me to it?)