Breakdown (PL14) - QuoteMyName (Gold)

[floatr]BreakdownHF.png[/floatr]

Player Name: Quotemyname

Power Level: 14 (199/219PP)

Trade-Offs: None

Unspent PP: 20

Progress to Platinum: 69/120 (Gold Status earned with Colt)

Character Name: Eddie Ozan

Alternate Identity: Breakdown; Juke

Height: 5'8''

Weight: 125lbs.

Hair: Brown or Brown with Gold highlights

Eyes: Blue

DOB: 06/15/1992

Description:

headphones1

headphones2

From the top down, Eddie is a mess. His hair is more often frazzled, or messed up than it is straight. He ALWAYS has headphones on (which is probably why its so hard to comb his hair). Eddie likes the big bulky ones the best, but ear buds will do in a pinch. The next thing down is usually a t-shirt of some sort. It is more often than not a 'band shirt' (and never a band that Eddie does not support). His arms are usually unadorned, although sometimes he sports a watch on this left wrist. Eddie usually wears jeans, or cargo pants, or camouflage shorts. He wears a pair of ratty worn out Converse All Stars on his feet. The color of the shoes varies (red, black, gray, green, blue, etc...) Eddie Usually carries around a messenger bag full of odds and ends. In the bag he keeps a few CDs, His original CD players, at least two different MP3 players, and from time to time, one or two small instruments that he does not know how to play (harmonica, ocarina, etc.)

History:

Eddie is 17 and still lives with his parents.  They moved to freedom city shortly after Eddie discovered his powers… which is an interesting story to say the least.  When Eddie was younger, his parents had gotten him a CD player.  Man did he love that CD player (he still has it too!) He would listen to it constantly.  His parents actually began to think it might be bad for him.  They considered taking it away, but they decided since he listened to such a variety of music that it would probably okay.  They even gave him a few classical music CDs to broaden his horizons. (He liked them well enough, but they were not his favorites.) Eventually his parents decided to let him keep it.

Eddie was never the most obedient child in the world, but one day when he was 15 he stayed out way past his curfew and worried his parents half to death.  When he finally got home, they decided they would ground him.  (And what do you do when you ground your kid? You take away the most important thing in the world to them.) They took his CD player away, and that was the end of it.

Eddie was devastated.  (Two months with no music? You can't be serious! It'll kill me!) He sulked around the house for days (he wasn't allowed to leave either. His parents knew he would just walk to the arcade and spend quarters on the jukebox.) All he wanted was music.  There had to be SOME way to get it. Maybe if he just listened really hard…

There! What was that? A chord? There it was again! The more he listened, the more music he heard.  If he turned a different direction, he would get a different song! Then he discovered that tilting his head a certain way would change the song again! This was great! He didn’t need that CD player after all!  Suddenly the music stopped! A man's voice started speaking, "Thank you for listening to KWYY! All rock all the time! We'll be back after these messages."

That's when Eddie realized he was picking up radio stations in his head.  He ran to tell his parents immediately.  Needless to say, they didn't believe him at first.  "You sure we never had anything metal installed in his head?" His mother had asked to his father.  "Nope!" he responded, "Kid's probably just making it up 'cuz he wants that CD player back so bad."

"No! I'm serious! Turn on the radio! KWYY is playing "Sweet Child of Mine" and it's in the second verse!" After he started singing the lyrics, his mother switched on a nearby radio, and sure enough, Eddie had been right.  The part he had been singing even synched up perfectly with the song!

Now his dad was interested.  "Can you get any other stations on that thing?" he asked, knocking on Eddie's skull. "Are the Yankees playing?"

"Ummm, nope! Just music."

Eventually, by the time he was 16, Eddie managed to get a better handle on his power to hear radio signals (he could even pick up the Yankees now). But He still only listened to music.  He made a mental note of all the quirky features of his powers (apparently he had to stand on his head to get AM channels). And practiced picking up as many stations as possible.  Before long, he even managed to project whatever he was listening to. He could make his body act like an amp.

After he started to develop his powers more, he realized that he could perform a few cool tricks while listening to certain music.  Rock for instance always got him pumped up and ready for a fight.  And he discovered that it now made him faster and stronger as well.  Jazz had always made him feel as free as a bird, but now it let him fly like one too!

When he showed his parents this little trick, they all of a sudden decided they were moving to Freedom City ("He needs a better school if he's gonna be flying around all over the place," his dad had said.)

And that's how Eddie got his start at Claremont.
Personality & Motivation: Eddie is a free spirit just like the jazz music he listens to. ("'Cuz I'm a free bird!") He is a laid back individual, but when it's time to get going, he can go faster than most, like how rock songs always heat up for the solo! ("Get up and go!") He's almost always in a good mood - the ska music does that to him ("'Cuz we find ourselves in the same old mess"). But he also has a funky, geeky side to him because he likes techno, but he is still himself ("Human After All.") Eddie does whatever he wants. He does not like hearing "No" and "Don't." It's not like anything he does is hurting anybody, he just wants to do his thing. That is why he often gets annoyed when people don't let him do what he wants; he doesn't see the point in NOT doing it. Eddie likes listening to music and having fun. Almost everything he does is in direct pursuit of those two goals. (Which is probably why he throws one hell of a party!) Powers & Tactics: Much of Breakdowns powers come from music. I have tried to be as true as possible to the way these following genres of music make me feel when I listen to them. I will do my best to explain how they relate to the given powers. Treat the feelings of Breakdown and myself as one and the same for this purpose. Breakdown's powers depend on the type of music he is listening to. Depending on the music, he can even project some of the feelings that songs inspire in him onto others. Listening to Rock & Roll gets him pumped up, and his powers shift towards fast paced and action packed. "Whenever I listen to Rock and Roll, it gets me pumped up. I feel like I can run faster and for longer periods of time than I could without it. I also feel like I am ready for anything. Sometimes it even puts me in the mood to fight. It always gives me that extra edge and makes me feel stronger than I am too." Listening to Ska makes him as energized and chaotic as the music itself. "Okay so this is really hard to describe, but I am going to try. The 'skank'. It's this dance right? Now it goes like this. The first thing you do is you tap your right heel on the ground. The next thing you do is you lift you left leg (bending it at the knee) and put it back down. While still tapping your foot. Good. Okay now keep doing those two things while you turn your head left and right. Okay so after you get that part down you start to swing your arms...no... just at the elbows... Right okay. Now you're skanking. Okay just keep doing that. Yes. For the whole song. That's right. Hard, right? I know. It's a very twitchy dance, and if you do it right, your entire body kind of vibrates. It doesn't? Well, mine does...Other than that, Ska is pretty simple. It is light, peppy, jumpy, upbringing. It just makes me want to jump all over the place, have a great time, and party!" Listening to Jazz has the opposite effect. "I have always felt that jazz music can regenerate the body and soul. It makes me feel calm and peaceful, and I try to pass those feelings on to others. It makes my body feel floaty and light as a feather. Which is the reason why I can float around while listening to it. I feel like I can go anywhere when I am listening to jazz music." Listening to Trance has a strange effect on him. "I don't know what it is about trance music. Whenever I listen to it, it gets me to focus incredibly well. Sometimes, I lose track of what I am actually doing in my head. My body just seems to take over. Every time I dance to trance music, for some reason I am the center of attention. It just seems to hypnotize people. It must be the way I sway back and forth during the dance." Listening to Dance music. "So you want to know one thing that bugs me? Everytime you are on the dance floor and you try to find someone, they never seem to be in the place you thought they were. It's like they just move around and you can never pin them down. Annoying, right? Yea, I learned how to do that. Oh and you know what else I can do now? I can totally understand all of those garbled lyrics that they have in Dance music. The other more boring thing that I have learned to do is to channel the thumping bass those songs usually feature. I am working on ways of projecting it outward to deafen people. I think I have it down too..." Audio Projection - Breakdown has the uncanny ability to project any music that he is listening to outwards, as if his body was a set of speakers Remote Control - Breakdown has the uncanny ability to control any electronic equipment that plays music from a distance. His control is limited to things like adjusting volume, switching tracks, etc. He cannot perform tasks that require external physical interaction. For instance, he cannot use this power to switch the records on a record player. However if the record player is one that automatically changes the record at the push of a button, etc. Breakdown may use this power to complete that task. Play List:
    Rock:

Animal I Have Become - Three Days Grace

You're Gonna Go Far Kid - The Offspring

Bulls on Parade - Rage Against the Machine

Reign of the Hammer - Hammerfall

Fatal Tragedy - Dream Theater

Breakdown - Plain White T's

Disciplined Breakdown - Collective Soul

Trashed and Scattered - Avenged Sevenfold

Out of Control - Hoobistank

The Distance - Cake

Revolver - Rage Against the Machine

Paralyzer - Finger Eleven

We're All to Blame - Sum 41

Separate Ways - Journey

Thank You For The Venom - My Chemical Romance

Burn Burn - Lost Prophets

Woman - Wolfmother

The Night - Disturbed

Prayer of the Refugee - Rise Against

Rooftops - Lost Prophets

Breakdown - Breaking Benjamin

Jazz:

Mario Takes a Walk - Jesse Cook (borders on Latin, but hey...)

Blue Train - John Coletrane

It Don't Seem To Far - Frank Viele

Unwell - Matchbox Twenty

Standing Room in Heaven - That Handsome Devil

Searching - INXS

Sultans of Swing - Dire Straits

Aeroplane - Red Hot Chili Peppers

I Still Believe - Tim Capello

Temperature - Aerosmith

Ska:

Trendy - Reel Big Fish

Impression That I Get - Might Mighty Bosstones

Skanking Fool - The Uptones

Plastic Cup Politics - Less Than Jake

Magnetic North - Less Than Jake

Danny Says - Less Than Jake

Time Bomb - Rancid

Dancing Shoes - Arctic Monkeys

Flo - Reel Big Fish

Daly City Train - Rancid

Thimbledrome - Pain

Lying Awake - Authority Zero

Hey Sergio - Streetlight Manifesto

Trance:

The Gathering - Infected Mushroom

Around the World - Daft Punk

Sandstorm - Darude

Nemesis - VNV Nation

Masters of the Universe - Juno Reactor

Want You More - Duran Duran

The Farthest Star - VNV Nation

Faster Life - Funker Vogt

Electronaut - VNV Nation

Dance:

Apache - Fatboy Slim

Losing You - Eiffel 65

Us Against The World [Jason Nevins Remix]

Don't Trust Me - 3OH!3

Tubthumping - Chumbawamba

The Reflex (Dance Remix) - Duran Duran

Soft/Alt Rock:

Embers and Ashes - Mae

Ruled by Secrecy - Muse

Into the Ocean - Blue October

FLCL Opening - The Pillows

Follow Me - Eiffel 65

The Everglow - Mae

Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison

Metal:

Fuel - Metallica

The Game - Disturbed

Click Click Boom - Saliva

Rectifier - RA

Almost Easy - Avenged Sevenfold

Raggae:

I'll Do anything - Jason Mraz

Buffalo Soldier - Bob Marley

Complications:

Enemy: The Maestro.

Ex-Girlfriend: Zephyr.

Live It Down: Eddie has made some bad mistakes in his past. Though he is constantly working to better himself. There is always a constant reminder waiting on people's tongues and in their eyes. This subject is quite a sore spot for Eddie, as he wishes he could just move on with his life. Eddie gains an HP every time his questionable reputation interferes with performing heroic duties such as a civilian refusing to be saved from danger because they don't trust him.

Phobia: Foreign objects/creatures in his ears (excludes things purposefully and personally placed there [ex. earbuds]).

Public Identity

Responsibility: Hero's Code.

Abilities: 2 + 4 + 0 + 0 + 4 + 10 = 20PP

Strength: 12 (+1)

Dexterity: 14 (+2)

Constitution: 24/10 (+7/+0)

Intelligence: 10 (+0)

Wisdom: 14 (+2)

Charisma: 20 (+5)

Combat: 10 + 12 = 22PP

Initiative: +10

Attack: +5

Grapple: +6

Defense: +13 (+6 Base, +7 Dodge Focus), +3 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -6

Saving Throws: 0 + 4 + 4 = 8PP

Toughness: +13 (+7 Con, +6 Protection)

Fortitude: +7 (+7 Con, +0)

Reflex: +6 (+2 Dex, +4)

Will: +6 (+2 Wis, +4)

Skills: 116R = 29PP

Bluff 5 (+10)

Concentration 5 (+7)

Diplomacy 0 (+5)

Knowledge (Pop Culture) 19 (+19)

Notice 4 (+6)

Perform (Dance) 19 (+24)

Perform (Keyboard) 5 (+10)

Perform (Percussion Instruments) 5 (+10)

Perform (Singing) 19 (+24)

Perform (Stringed Instruments) 5 (+10)

Perform (Wind Instruments) 5 (+10)

Profession (DJ) 19 (+21)

Sense Motive 6 (+8)

Feats: 23PP

All-Out Attack

Benefit 2 (Fake ID [21 years old]; Use Perform [Dance] instead of Bluff to Feint)

Challenge: Fast Task (Dance Feint)

Distract (Perform [Dance])

Dodge Focus 7

Equipment 1 (5EP)

Fearless

Improved Initiative 2

Luck 2

Power Attack

Set-Up

Skill Mastery 3 (Bluff, Diplomacy, Knowledge [Pop Culture], Notice, Perform [Dance, Keyboard, Percussion Instruments, Singing, Stringed Instruments, Wind Instruments], Profession [DJ], Sense Motive)

General Equipment

Communicator [free w/ wealth]

Flashlight [free w/ wealth]

Cell Phone [free w/ wealth]

Teleport Beacon to Caldwell Manor (Young Freedom HQ) [1ep]

Handcuffs [1ep]

Binoculars [1ep]

Contributing 2 equipment points towards Caldwell Manor:

Caldwell Manor: (HQ)

Size: Huge [3 ep], Toughness: 10 [1 ep], Features: Combat Simulator, Communications, Computer, Concealed, Defense System x 2, Garage, Gym, Hanger, Infirmary, Lab, Library, Living Space, Personnel, Pool, Power 2: Teleporter, Power System, Security System [19 ep] - Total EP: 23/25

Power 2: Teleport 10 (20,000 miles; Extras: Accurate, Affects Others; Flaws: Limited (To/From Manor); Drawbacks: Power Loss 2 (Teleport Beacon)

Powers: 4 + 14 + 2 + 80 + 6 + 2 =108PP

Communication 8 (Radio, 2,000 miles / "Same Continent," Flaws: Duration [Concentration]) [4PP]

Enhanced Constitution 14 [14PP]

Features 2 (Audio Projection, Remote Control) [2PP]

See "Powers & Tactics" above for details.

Music Mastery 8 (Variable Power, Any Trait, Multiple Traits At Once, Extras: Action 2 [Free], Duration [Continuous], Flaws: Limited [No Physiological Changes]) [80PP]

Basically, he's able to buy traits from any category, but he can't buy Powers that would radically alter his body. So combat bonuses, Abilities, Skills, Feats, these are fine. Speed, Super-Strength? Sure. But not, for example, Additional Limbs, Density, Growth, Insubstantial, Morph, Shrinking, etc.

Protection 6 [6PP]

Super Senses 2 (Radio, Extras: Analytical) [2PP]

Drawbacks: 0PP

[None]

DC Block:

ATTACKS:----------------------------SAVE DC:------------------------DAMAGE TYPE:

Unarmed ------------------ DC 16/Toughness -------------------- Damage (Staged)

SAMPLE FORMS

ROCK:

Enhanced Strength 18 (total 30) [18pp]

Strike 4 (PF: Mighty, Accurate 2) [7pp]

Speed 3 [3pp]

Enhanced Feats 5: Attack Focus: (Melee) 5 [5pp]

Impervious Toughness 7 [7pp]

TRANCE:

Enhanced Fortitude 7 [7pp]

Enhanced Will 8 [8pp]

Enhanced Feats: Attack Focus (Ranged) 5 [5pp]

Blast 10 (Sonic) [20pp]

JAZZ:

Flight 5 [10pp]

Emotion Control 14 (Flaw: Sense Dependant: Hearing) [14pp]

Immunity 5 (Entrapment) [5pp]

Enhanced Reflex 8 [8pp]

Enhanced Feats 3 Fascinate (Perform: Dance), Teamwork 2 [3pp]

Abilities (20) + Combat (22) + Saves (8) + Skills (29) + Feats (23) + Powers (108) - Drawbacks (0) = 209/219 Power Points

Can you explain why the forms give him the powers they do? Some seem rational enough, others not so much.

In Chat you'd been mentioning how his forms would be based on what music he's exposed to, but I see no mechanism for that here. Is he free to pick forms as needed, or did you want some sort of limitation?

He is free to pick whichever form he wants at the time. This is because he can tune into any radio station he can hear. Most radio's will usually play a certain type of music, so he has a good Idea of where he wants to go should he want say, rock over jazz. Failing that strategy, he always carries around (as mentioned) at least one music player and always wears headphones (as mentioned) so he can play what he wants that way.

I will edit more into the descriptions of the forms.

Still seeing some gaps in the explanations.

I get the Str boost from Rock, but not the Strike. That Strike as written is akin to a greataxe.

Similarly, I get that Rock can make you more aggressive/better in a fight Enhanced Attack), but why do the others make him better at ranged attacks? How does the soothing Jazz form make him a crack shot?

When in rock form, its all about his motivation. He is simply so fired up that he hits like a truck. (If that's not gonna fly I can take Lord_Fell's suggestion, and take Noticable Protection, then put more points into Strength and take some out of Strike to balance things out better.)

As far as the other forms making him better at ranged attacks:

Jazz would relax him enough that he can have a cool head and aim better in the midst of combat. Ska is all about coordination. The bands are ofttimes enormous and have a large number of pieces that need to work as one to get the job done. Also, dancing the Skank is hard. He would have to be coordinated in and of himself to do that. Therefore he simply gains some coordination as the music flows through him. This allows him to be more accurate. Trance puts him into a state of utter concentration. With all of that focus running through his body, it would be no wonder than he might be better in Trance form than he normally would at any task he puts his mind to, this includes aiming.

Just let me know if you really want any of this changed, I can see about shuffling some points around here and there.

EDIT: Added a play list to aid in the visualization of the character.

When in rock form, its all about his motivation. He is simply so fired up that he hits like a truck. (If that's not gonna fly I can take Lord_Fell's suggestion, and take Noticable Protection, then put more points into Strength and take some out of Strike to balance things out better.)

Moar Str, less Strike, plz. (Chicks dig muscles ;) )

As far as the other forms making him better at ranged attacks:

Jazz would relax him enough that he can have a cool head and aim better in the midst of combat. Ska is all about coordination. The bands are ofttimes enormous and have a large number of pieces that need to work as one to get the job done. Also, dancing the Skank is hard. He would have to be coordinated in and of himself to do that. Therefore he simply gains some coordination as the music flows through him. This allows him to be more accurate. Trance puts him into a state of utter concentration. With all of that focus running through his body, it would be no wonder than he might be better in Trance form than he normally would at any task he puts his mind to, this includes aiming.

All of those seems, to me, to be reasons he'd have a better all-around Attack bonus, though (among other things -- Teamwork feat w/ Ska, Enhanced Concentration for Trance, for example).

Freeing up enough points in all of the forms to make those edits is going to be difficult. Would it be okay if I added the noticable flaw to the force field power in each of the forms? This way I can represent it as visible sound waves around his person, and that might give me enough of a budget to afford the edits.

EDIT:

Current edits:

-2 con

+1 pp to skills

+1 pp to feats

Eddited forms quite a bit.

Trying to clean up sheet. Otherwise everything should be in order.

Still throwing points around...I'll just post again when I am finished.

See my post, above :(

A suggestion: drop some of his combat feats (since I don't see much mention of combat training in his background), and maybe the Enhanced Saves in his forms (IMO no form should give bonuses to all three non-Toughness saves, it makes them too homogeneous otherwise).

• 1 month later...

Players Name: quotemyname

Power Level: 11 [164/171]

Trade-Offs: None

Unspent PP: 7

Rollover PP spent: (4/4)

Characters Name: Eddie Ozan

Alternate Identity: Breakdown; Juke

Height: 5'8''

Weight: 125lbs.

Hair: Brown or Brown w/ Gold Highlights

Eyes: Blue

DOB: 6/15/1992

Description:

headphones1

headphones2

From the top down, Eddie is a mess. His hair is more often frazzled, or messed up than it is straight. He ALWAYS has headphones on (which is probably why it’s so hard to comb his hair). Eddie likes the big bulky ones the best, but ear buds will do in a pinch. The next thing down is usually a t-shirt of some sort. It is more often than not a 'band shirt' (and never a band that Eddie does not support). His arms are usually unadorned, although sometimes he sports a watch on this left wrist. Eddie usually wears jeans, or cargo pants, or camouflage shorts. He wears a pair of ratty worn out Converse All Stars on his feet. The color of the shoes varies (red, black, gray, green, blue, etc...) Eddie Usually carries around a messenger bag full of odds and ends. In the bag he keeps a few CD’s, His original CD players, at least two different MP3 players, and from time to time, one or two small instruments that he does not know how to play (harmonica, ocarina, etc.)

History:

Eddie is 17 and still lives with his parents.  They moved to freedom city shortly after Eddie discovered his powers… which is an interesting story to say the least.  When Eddie was younger, his parents had gotten him a CD player.  Man did he love that CD player (he still has it too!) He would listen to it constantly.  His parents actually began to think it might be bad for him.  They considered taking it away, but they decided since he listened to such a variety of music that it would probably okay.  They even gave him a few classical music CD’s to broaden his horizons. (He liked them well enough, but they were not his favorites.) Eventually his parents decided to let him keep it.

Eddie was never the most obedient child in the world, but one day when he was 15 he stayed out way past his curfew and worried his parents half to death.  When he finally got home, they decided they would ground him.  (And what do you do when you ground your kid? You take away the most important thing in the world to them.) They took his CD player away, and that was the end of it.

Eddie was devastated.  (“Two months with no music? You can’t be serious! It’ll kill me!â€Â) He sulked around the house for days (he wasn’t allowed to leave either. His parents knew he would just walk to the arcade and spend quarters on the jukebox.) All he wanted was music.  There had to be SOME way to get it… Maybe if he just listened really hard…

There! What was that? A chord? There it was again! The more he listened, the more music he heard.  If he turned a different direction, he would get a different song! Then he discovered that tilting his head a certain way would change the song again! This was great! He didn’t need that CD player after all!  Suddenly the music stopped… A man’s voice started speaking, “Thank you for listening to KWYY! All rock all the time! We’ll be back after these messages.â€Â

That’s when Eddie realized he was picking up radio stations in his head.  He ran to tell his parents immediately.  Needless to say, they didn’t believe him at first.  “You sure we never had anything metal installed in his head?†His mother had asked to his father.  “Nope!†he responded, “Kid’s probably just making it up ‘cuz he wants that CD player back so bad.â€Â

“No! I’m serious! Turn on the radio! KWYY is playing ‘Sweet Child O’ Mine’ and it’s in the second verse…!†After he started singing the lyrics, his mother switched on a nearby radio, and sure enough, Eddie had been right.  The part he had been singing even synched up perfectly with the song!

Now his dad was interested.  “Can you get any other stations on that thing,†he asked, knocking on Eddie’s skull, “Are the Yankees playing?â€Â

“Ummm, nope… just music…â€Â

Eventually, by the time he was 16, Eddie managed to get a better handle on his power to hear radio signals (he could even pick up the Yankees now). But He still only listened to music.  He made a mental note of all the quirky features of his powers (apparently he had to stand on his head to get AM channels). And practiced picking up as many stations as possible.  Before long, he even managed to project whatever he was listening to. He could make his body act like an amp.

After he started to develop his powers more, he realized that he could perform a few cool tricks while listening to certain music.  Rock for instance always got him pumped up and ready for a fight.  And he discovered that it now made him faster and stronger as well.  Jazz had always made him feel as free as a bird, but now it let him fly like one too!

When he showed his parents this little trick, they all of a sudden decided they were moving to Freedom City (“He needs a better school if he’s gonna be flying around all over the place,†his dad had said.)

And that’s how Eddie got his start at Claremont.
Personality & Motivation: Eddie is a free spirit just like the jazz music he listens to. (“’Cuz I’m a free bird!â€Â) He is a laid back individual, but when it’s time to get going, he can “go†faster than most like how rock songs always heat up for the solo! (“Get up and go!â€Â) He’s almost always in a good mood the ska music does that to him (“Cuz we find ourselves in the same old mess…â€Â) But he also has a funky, geeky side to him because he likes techno, but he is still himself (“Human After All.â€Â) Eddie does whatever he wants. He does not like hearing “No†and “Don’t.†It’s not like anything he does is hurting anybody, he just wants to do his thing. That is why he often gets annoyed when people don’t let him do what he wants, he doesn’t see the point in NOT doing it. Eddie likes listening to music and having fun. Almost everything he does is in direct pursuit of those two goals. (Which is probably why he throws one hell of a party!) Powers & Tactics: Much of Breakdowns powers come from music. I have tried to be as true as possible to the way these following genres of music make me feel when I listen to them. I will do my best to explain how they relate to the given powers. Treat the feelings of Breakdown and myself as one and the same for this purpose. Breakdown’s powers depend on the type of music he is listening to. Depending on the music, he can even project some of the feelings that songs inspire in him onto others. Listening to Rock And Roll gets him pumped up, and his powers shift towards fast paced and action packed. "Whenever I listen to Rock and Roll, it gets me pumped up. I feel like I can run faster and for longer periods of time than I could without it. I also feel like I am ready for anything. Sometimes it even puts me in the mood to fight. It always gives me that extra edge and makes me feel stronger than I am too." Listening to Ska music makes him as energized and chaotic as the music itself. "Okay so this is really hard to describe, but I am going to try. The 'skank'. It's this dance right? Now it goes like this. The first thing you do is you tap your right heel on the ground. The next thing you do is you lift you left leg (bending it at the knee) and put it back down. While still tapping your foot. Good. Okay now keep doing those two things while you turn your head left and right. Okay so after you get that part down you start to swing your arms...no... just at the elbows... Right okay. Now you're skanking. Okay just keep doing that. Yes. For the whole song. That's right. Hard, right? I know. It's a very twitchy dance, and if you do it right, your entire body kind of vibrates. It doesn't? Well, mine does...Other than that, Ska is pretty simple. It is light, peppy, jumpy, upbringing. It just makes me want to jump all over the place, have a great time, and party!" Listening to Jazz has the opposite effect. "I have always felt that jazz music can regenerate the body and soul. It makes me feel calm and peaceful, and I try to pass those feelings on to others. It makes my body feel floaty and light as a feather. Which is the reason why I can float around while listening to it. I feel like I can go anywhere when I am listening to jazz music." Listening to Trance music has a strange effect on him. "I don't know what it is about trance music. Whenever I listen to it, it gets me to focus incredibly well. Sometimes, I lose track of what I am actually doing in my head. My body just seems to take over. Every time I dance to trance music, for some reason I am the center of attention. It just seems to hypnotize people. It must be the way I sway back and forth during the dance." Listening to Dance music. "So you want to know one thing that bugs me? Everytime you are on the dance floor and you try to find someone, they never seem to be in the place you thought they were. It's like they just move around and you can never pin them down. Annoying, right? Yea, I learned how to do that. Oh and you know what else I can do now? I can totally understand all of those garbled lyrics that they have in Dance music. The other more boring thing that I have learned to do is to channel the thumping bass those songs usually feature. I am working on ways of projecting it outward to deafen people. I think I have it down too..." Audio Projection - Breakdown has the uncanny ability to project any music that he is listening to outwards, as if his body was a set of speakers Remote Control - Breakdown has the uncanny ability to control any electronic equipment that plays music from a distance. His control is limited to things like adjusting volume, switching tracks, etc. He cannot perform tasks that require external physical interaction. For instance, he cannot use this power to switch the records on a record player. However if the record player is one that automatically changes the record at the push of a button, etc. Breakdown may use this power to complete that task. Play List:
    Rock:

Animal I Have Become - Three Days Grace

You're Gonna Go Far Kid - The Offspring

Bulls on Parade - Rage Against the Machine

Reign of the Hammer - Hammerfall

Fatal Tragedy - Dream Theater

Breakdown - Plain White T's

Disciplined Breakdown - Collective Soul

Trashed and Scattered - Avenged Sevenfold

Out of Control - Hoobistank

The Distance - Cake

Revolver - Rage Against the Machine

We're All to Blame - Sum 41

Separate Ways - Journey

Thank You For The Venom - My Chemical Romance

Burn Burn - Lost Prophets

Woman - Wolfmother

The Night - Disturbed

Prayer of the Refugee - Rise Against

Rooftops - Lost Prophets

Breakdown - Breaking Benjamin

Jazz:

Mario Takes a Walk - Jesse Cook (borders on Latin, but hey...)

Blue Train - John Coletrane

It Don't Seem To Far - Frank Viele

Unwell - Matchbox Twenty

Standing Room in Heaven - That Handsome Devil

Searching - INXS

Sultans of Swing - Dire Straits

Aeroplane - Red Hot Chili Peppers

I Still Believe - Tim Capello

Temperature - Aerosmith

Ska:

Trendy - Reel Big Fish

Impression That I Get - Might Mighty Bosstones

Skanking Fool - The Uptones

Plastic Cup Politics - Less Than Jake

Magnetic North - Less Than Jake

Danny Says - Less Than Jake

Time Bomb - Rancid

Dancing Shoes - Arctic Monkeys

Flo - Reel Big Fish

Daly City Train - Rancid

Thimbledrome - Pain

Lying Awake - Authority Zero

Hey Sergio – Streetlight Manifesto

Trance:

The Gathering - Infected Mushroom

Around the World - Daft Punk

Sandstorm - Darude

Nemesis - VNV Nation

Masters of the Universe - Juno Reactor

Want You More - Duran Duran

The Farthest Star - VNV Nation

Faster Life - Funker Vogt

Electronaut - VNV Nation

Dance:

Apache - Fatboy Slim

Losing You - Eiffel 65

Us Against The World [Jason Nevins Remix]

Don't Trust Me - 3OH!3

Tubthumping - Chumbawamba

The Reflex (Dance Remix) - Duran Duran

Soft/Alt Rock:

Embers and Ashes - Mae

Ruled by Secrecy - Muse

Into the Ocean - Blue October

FLCL Opening - The Pillows

Follow Me - Eiffel 65

The Everglow - Mae

Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison

Metal:

Fuel - Metallica

The Game - Disturbed

Click Click Boom - Saliva

Rectifier - RA

Almost Easy - Avenged Sevenfold

Raggae:

I'll Do anything - Jason Mraz

Buffalo Soldier - Bob Marley

Complications:

Addiction: Listens to music CONSTANTLY

Dead Zone: When Breakdown is without headphones or access to music in any way, he gains a Hero Point for being unable to access his Alternate Forms power.

Guilt Trip: Will always help a friend when they need it.

Hatred: Country Music (“I just can’t stand that ‘twang’ in the singer’s voice!â€Â)

Obsession: Copies of music that he does not have (still chasing down a copy of Led Zeppelin II on vinyl)

Phobia: Foreign objects/creatures in his ears (Excludes things purposefully and personally placed there [ex. earbuds])

Secret: Identity

Teenager: Just finished with puberty, HOORAY!

Responsibility: (Team: Young Freedom; Friends; Hero’s Code)

Girlfriend: Adores Zoe. Eddie will go out of his way to protect her.

Stats: [20pp = 2+4+0+0+4+10]

Str: 12 (+1)

Dex: 14 (+2)

Con: 10 (+0)

Int: 10 (+0)

Wis: 14 (+2)

Cha: 20 (+5)

Combat: [8+8=16pp]

Attack: +4

Grapple: +5

Defense: +4; +11(Dodge Focus); (+2 flat-footed)

Knockback: -5

Initiative: +10

Saves: [4+4+4=12pp]

Toughness: +11 (+0 Con, +11 Protection)

Fortitude: +4 (+0 Con, +4)

Reflex: +6 (+2 Dex, +4)

Will: +6 (+2 Wis, +4)

Skills: [84r = 21pp]

Bluff 5 (+10)

Concentration 5 (+7)

Knowledge (Pop Culture): 16 (+17)

Notice 4 (+6)

Perform (Dance) 16 (+21)

Perform (Vocals) 16 (+21)

Profession (DJ) 16 (+21)

Sense Motive 6 (+8)

Feats: 19pp

All Out Attack

Benefit 2 (Fake ID {21 years old}; Use Perform [Dance] in place of bluff for Combat Feints) [2pp]

Dodge Focus 7 [7pp]

Equipment 1 {5ep} [1pp]

Improved Initiative 2

Luck 2

Power Attack

Set-Up

Skill Mastery 2 (Perform [Dance], Perform [sing], Profession [DJ], Knowledge [Pop Culture], Concentration, Bluff, Notice, Sense Motive)

General Equipment

Communicator [free w/ wealth]

Flashlight [free w/ wealth]

Cell Phone [free w/ wealth]

Teleport Beacon to Caldwell Manor (Young Freedom HQ) [1ep]

Handcuffs [1ep]

Binoculars [1ep]

Contributing 2 equipment points towards Caldwell Manor:

Caldwell Manor: (HQ)

Size: Huge [3 ep], Toughness: 10 [1 ep], Features: Combat Simulator, Communications, Computer, Concealed, Defense System x 2, Garage, Gym, Hanger, Infirmary, Lab, Library, Living Space, Personnel, Pool, Power 2: Teleporter, Power System, Security System [19 ep] - Total EP: 23/25

Power 2: Teleport 10 (20,000 miles; Extras: Accurate, Affects Others; Flaws: Limited (To/From Manor); Drawbacks: Power Loss 2 (Teleport Beacon)

Powers: 76pp

Features 2 (Audio Projection; Remote Control) [2pp]

Super Senses 1 (Radio Sense; PF: Acute, Analytical) [3pp]

Communication 8 (Radio; 2500ft; Flaws: Duration[-1]) [4pp]

Protection 11[11pp]

Variable Power 7 (Music Mastery; 35 assignable power points 8pp/rank VP; Extras: Action/Move; Flaws: No physiological changes*)[56pp]

*Basically, he's able to buy traits from any category, but he can't buy Powers that would radically alter his body. So combat bonuses, Abilities, skills, feats, these are fine. Speed, Super-Strength? Sure. But not, for example, Density, Growth, Shrinking, Insubstantial, Morph, Additional Limbs, etc.

Drawbacks: 0pp

None

DC Block:

ATTACKS:----------------------------SAVE DC:------------------------DAMAGE TYPE:

Unarmed, Normal ------------------ DC 16/TOU -------------------- Damage (Staged)

Emotion Control -------------------- DC 21/WILL ------------------- Varies (Staged)

Emotion Control (Hope) ------------- DC 20/WILL ------------------- Varies (Staged)

Hypnosis ---------------------------- DC 21/WILL -------------------- Enthralled

Sound Wave ------------------------ DC 21 REF / DC 26 TOU ------ Damage (Staged)

Strike ------------------------------- DC 26/TOU --------------------- Damage (Staged)

Vibration Control ------------------ DC 26/TOU --------------------- Damage (Staged)

Costs: Abilities (20) + Combat (16) + Saves (12) + Skills (21) + Feats (19) + Powers (76) - Drawbacks (00) = Total Cost (164/171)

:arrow: Extrapolating the rate at which I am earning PPs with Captain Knievel, I will reach Gold Status for the beginning of October

:arrow: Instead of creating a new PL10 character I would like to upgrade Breakdown from PL6 to PL10

:arrow: Seeing as all of the judges can't stand this character sheet, I discussed it with Sandman XI and he specifically asked that I submit this character for approval now rather than waiting until October, or even September.

:arrow: There are some differences between this Character Sheet and the PL6 version. But the differences are minimal.

:arrow: Sorry to put you through this, but I am having tons of fun playing Breakdown, and I would like to continue to do so at an advanced level.

• 3 weeks later...