Assault on Precinct 13 (OOC)

Avalon

From what I see he activated his Boost: superspeed(rapid attack) power before he enganged

So even though he has now switched to the Strike power the boost is still active as it lasts like 11 rounds or something. So with that he would be able to attack everyone within his Rapid attack radius with his melee attack strike power.

I'm not however certain how boosts like that behave when you switch to another AP by the way things are run here. Honestly its confusing enough that I suggest you guys bring in a ref to mediate. You're supposed to for any PvP thread anyway from what I recall.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boosts in an Array fade at their normal rate, even if the Array is switched to another slot. Which is why we keep a close eye on chars with Boosts in an Array during the Char Approval process.

As for which it was Vestige used... well, we'll just have to wait for Avalon to come back and tell us ;)

Sorry about the confusion. I had activated my Incantation of Lightning ability two rounds before Cyroa and Alderwitch arrived at the scene in preparation of taking out a bunch of mooks.

The next round, I took them out using the Obsidian Blade ability. I had also described it in my next post as a tool in attempting to intimidate Dark Star.

the issue was that we thought the DC bonus from autofire did not apply since instead of taking the DC bonus he had used Autofire to attack multiple targets within his reach.

We had neglected to consider that he had used his 'rapid attack' (which was still active from his fading boost power in the array) to attack multiple targets, thus applying the DC bonus from autofire to all of them.

Question about your IC post... Would those bolts of energy blow up the car that I am standing on?

I kinna wanna know so that way I can describe my action better

And in the interests of staying updated...

Captain Knievel - Init 29 - fine

Dark Star - Init 14 - Bruised x1 - Used 1VP

Popo [16] - Init 14 -fine

The Vestige - Init 13 - fine - Used 1VP

Phantom - Init 2 - fine

Villain point to use Inspire - Vestige, you get +5 to every roll you make during this coming round, so make it good! (possibly villain point for a second standard action and take a second attack?)

Captain Knievel - Init 29 - fine - Used 1VP

Dark Star - Init 14 - Bruised x1 - Used 1HP

Popo [16] - Init 14 -fine

The Vestige - Init 13 - fine - Used 1VP

Phantom - Init 2 - fine

I dove through the nearest wall. If you'd rather say floor, that works too. Basically, the reasoning is so he can't be attack and hopefully (yeah right ;) ) attack Vestige from an unexpected direction next round. I really doubt the last part will actually happen, but DS is an idealist ;)

well, for one DS has no idea what Vesitage can do so shouldn't plan for that. ;) and another, I figured if Vesitage got flung up and then teleported, that should be more than enough time for DS to take the 2 or 3 steps he'd need at most. But I'm flexible.

Bamf!

I'm going to say that Dark Star blasts Vestige through the ceiling, leaving a Wiley Coyote style hole, then sends him flying about fifty feet up and out of the building. Vestige needs to make a Toughness save vs. DC 25 from the hit and has to spend at least a move action getting back into the fight, and Dark Stark can have an HP for the scenery working against him like that.

Bamf!