Assault on Precinct 13 (OOC)

Avalon

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Initiative! (1d20+13=29)

Seeing as how I tore up the initiative, I am just gonna make a post. If there is anything else happening I can always just edit.

EDIT: Rolled really well this turn. That last attack should not have been rolled for. Its just straight damage from him being in the grapple, so no critical. But it still hits so he takes the DC22 attack. If that is enough to bring down a mook, then I will edit my IC post.

Doesn't Dark Star have radio sense? you can hear the police radios right? Why don't we agree upon a roll to determine how long it takes you to pick up on the radio signals, and maybe a second roll to figure out how long it takes you to get there?

The cops are probably going pretty haywire, so there are probably not that hard to hear. Lets say it takes you 1d4+1 rounds to pick up on it, and since your flight speed is out the wazoo we can say it probably takes you 1d4 rounds to arrive (after hearing the calls). This can include any costume change time necessary.

Phantom has a crazy amount of ESP. So why don't we give you the same roll for picking up on the thoughts of the cops that are defending the precinct? 1d4+1 rounds to represent having to sort through everyone's thoughts within a 200 mile radius. And I just noticed your massive ability to teleport. So we can easily say that once you pinpoint the location of where you need to be you can arrive there almost instantly. Same as DS for 1d4 rounds of travel time.

If this is agreeable to everyone, you can roll those yourselves. Any judges want to comment?

I was just trying to be fair, letting you guys have fun before the arrival. I'll show whenever your ready, be it random or when you say "go". ;)

Yes, DS can hear radio waves. And it won't take 1d4 rnds either from when he 'hears" it. He'll get there in 1 round (or less) with his Flight speed.

Also: Init and status so far:

Captain Knievel - Init 29 - fine

Popo [8, 3, 9, 20, 19] - Init 19, 18, 17, 16, 15 respectively - fine

Dark Star - Init 14 - fine, [#] rounds until arrival

Popo [7] - Init 14 - fine

The Vestige - Init 13 - fine

Popo [11, 14, 10, 1, 13, 17, 2, 18, 4, 5, 6, 12] - Init 13, 12, 11, 10, 10, 10, 9, 8, 4, 4, 4, 4

Phantom - Init 2 - [#] rounds until arrival

Popo [15, 16] - Init 2, 2

Initiative for Popo is respective to the order in which they act. I did this in case anyone decides to delay or refocus etc.

Captain Knievel's initial attack will have targetted Popo #8. Might as well start at the top.

Yes, DS can hear radio waves. And it won't take 1d4 rnds either from when he 'hears" it. He'll get there in 1 round (or less) with his Flight speed.

I understand that. I was more using the die roll to represent any time spent getting into costume or making necessary preparations etc. And just to make things simple I should think that point A to point B travel time WOULD be a whole round. That way DS can just the standard action of the round (after the move action gets him there) to get his bearings on the situation, take stock, analyze, etc. and what have you.

If you plan on just reacting immediately to the radio waves, one round is fine. But unless DS constantly sits around scanning police frequencies and immediately jets off at the first sign of trouble, I am inclined to say that it would take more than just that 1 round to get there. If that is the case, then sure knock yourself out.

I was just trying to be fair, letting you guys have fun before the arrival. I'll show whenever your ready, be it random or when you say "go". ;)

I understand. I was just throwing out an idea for randomness. But it remains Av's thread. I am more inclined to go with his decision. If he wants you to "show up in three rounds" then by all means be my guest. I was just brainstorming.

Man! I just realized that both of you have ranks in Insubstantial! Meaning I am pretty sure that I can't actually damage either of you. Looks like I am going to be playing a ton of backup and support this battle. As luck would have it I am good at that sort of thing! :D Quick, Av, I'll distract them and you hit them :P

Just a clarification for my earlier post. I goofed when I made the explanation. Captain Knievel has improved grab. The rolls that I made are right, however. They are just backwards. The third roll is for the initial attack. Follow that with the first and second rolls for touch attack and grapple. he then gets to automatically damage the officer again. that is why there were two attacks.

First attack DC 27 toughness (critical hit)

Second attack after grapple DC 22 toughness