Vaster than Empires and More Slow (OOC)

This is the OOC thread for the Knights of Freedom (Avenger, Grimalkin, Knight, Scarab; with possible surprise guest appearances from Dark Star and Dr. Archeville) and Phantom to deal with the menace posed by the forces of Lord Arachnos. Who's that, you ask? Well. ;)

I'll let you guys describe how you get down there, and Scarab can give her usual "reveal your secrets or your brain is mine" speech to the new fish.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll let you guys describe how you get down there, and Scarab can give her usual "reveal your secrets or your brain is mine" speech to the new fish.

Ok, still trying to figure out how Grim fits into the KoF timeline.

On April 7th, Grim meets Avenger (Other Powers)

The next night (April 8th), Grim meets Wesley and then later Avenger shows up. Grim prepares to move out of her squat and into Scarab's Tomb for some undermined amount of time, with help from Wes. (Some Enchanted Evening)

On Memorial Day (May 25th), Grim encounters 'Columbia' in the Veterans' Cemetery. She later calls Avenger, who says he needs her help and she should come to Wading Way. (Hail Columbia)

Later that same day, she joins the rest of the Knights (has she met all of them?) at Scarab's Tomb (Vaster than Empires and More Slow)

(Undetermined day in late May) Grim and Ember Paw meet out of costume in a bookshop and agree to help each other (Once Upon a Time)

June 9th. Grim attends the party at Danger Mansion. (When its time to party we will party hard)

Before I post here, I need to figure out how long/often Grim's been to the Tomb, how well she knows the other Knights, and how well known her secrets are; any suggestions? From early April to the end of May is all wide open.

I frankly don't see Grim staying in the Tomb for very long; she has plans for finding a roommate in Riverside, and the halls of the Tomb are not her style. Perhaps she gets a place and moves in on June 1st?

Don't think DS has met Grim yet (unless they do at the party) since he's not in those threads. And can't even say he stays in the Tomb. He's pretty much never there unless called.

I do believe that's part of the reason why Avenger said "possible surprise guest appearances from Dark Star and Dr. Archeville" ;)

Also because Doctor Archeville and Dark Star are, as of thread time, elsewhere. All right, Grim, do you have your timeline down? And Scarab? Seems rude to start without the lady who actually owns the joint.

Well that's the thing - at this point I can think of three options:

1. We assume Grim and Scarab met offscreen aomw time between April 8th and may 25th.

2. We create a special thread, possibly very short, to show them meeting onscreen somewhere in that same span of time.

3. We assume that Grim stayed at the Tomb for only a very short time, more of less as Wesley's guest, and he blindfolded her each time she came in and out, and Scarab was busy, away or something. This way she will actually meet Grim for the first time in this thread.

I guess there could be a fourth option that I haven't thought of.

Sorry to be such a pain, but heroes meeting each other, much less sharing living quarters, is kind of a big deal :)

I vote that Grim earned Avenger and Wesley's trust, and they've been bringing her down to The Lair sans blindfolds, and this is the first time Grim and Scarab have actually crossed paths. I'm relaxing a bit on the whole "security" issue, and this will still be amusing. Kinda like when Alfred let Vicki Vale into the Batcave (*head/desk*).

"It usually takes a bit of deduction work to figure out what dimension any individual comes from. My knowledge of the possibilities is expansive, but there are near limitless numbers of dimensions. If I were working alone, I'd start by questioning one of the prisoners."

Ooh! Ooh! Doc knows!

:P

This is the OOC thread for the Knights of Freedom (Avenger, Grimalkin, Knight, Scarab; with possible surprise guest appearances from Dark Star and Dr. Archeville) and Phantom to deal with the menace posed by the forces of Lord Arachnos. Who's that, you ask? Well. ;)

Wesley and Hawky object to this! :P