Mimcing a Mimic

I'm planning to make a new villain reusing the same character name: Ronin. Much of his fluff stays the same but I am planning to change his power structure and I wanted to see if these ideas would work. I wanted to mimic Taskmaster's power but I don't like the reflex memory power. My problem with it is that Taskmaster's has all the skills he has ever learned memorized so he can switch fighting styles at will. With reflex memory I have to see them done first, and I forget them from adventure to adventure. What I wanted was a pool of points that I could use to give myself whatever non power-related physical feats, and physical skills I wanted, when I wanted. So in light of that I looked at a few options.

Power Reserve 10 (Flaw: Physical Feats, and Physical Skills only)

Shapeshift 4(Flaw: Limited to Physical Feats, and Physical Skills only)

So which one is legal, and if they both are which one is a better option?

Also I should save some space and ask another question at the same time. I wanted to mimic having an armory of weapons that this guy is walking around with. The Fluff is that he just has this harness loaded with weapons and he just pulls out what he needs but the crunch is

Device 5 (Weapon Summoning 10)

Some questions are should I limit the DC of the damage since I am simulating weapons that aren't as powerful as PC ones, so say like no higher than PL8 weapons. Another thing I wanted to know was how would I simulate some thing like, smoke grenade or C-4, something with an ongoing effect? Would I take the independent feat. Should I buy another Device with the same power so I can do that? Can buy another device with the same power? Should I buy three devices and limit them to a certain weapon, like one device just for melee, ranged, thrown etc. Maybe even limit the number of times I can summon cause maybe it would seem ridiculous to say that he is just that loaded.

Yeah so any input would be appreciated.

Heh. I was hoping this would be a question about what happens when you use the Mimic power on a character with the Mimic power, because then my head would have exploded.

We'll debate the use of Variable Powers, but you might want to look at WoF's Exemplar for a better idea of the kind of power it sounds like you want. It's a lot less expensive, but still fairly meaty.

Power Reserve 10 (Flaw: Physical Feats, and Physical Skills only)

Shapeshift 4(Flaw: Limited to Physical Feats, and Physical Skills only)

So which one is legal, and if they both are which one is a better option?

I'd say the first is not legal, so of the two the second's your only option.

Also I should save some space and ask another question at the same time. I wanted to mimic having an armory of weapons that this guy is walking around with. The Fluff is that he just has this harness loaded with weapons and he just pulls out what he needs but the crunch is

Device 5 (Weapon Summoning 10)

That'd be do-able, but I don't like seeing char with more than one VP, so if you're going to take the "Reflex Memory" thing, take a Utility Belt-like Array.

Another thing I wanted to know was how would I simulate some thing like, smoke grenade or C-4, something with an ongoing effect? Would I take the independent feat. Should I buy another Device with the same power so I can do that?

How is C-4 an ongoing thing? It just explodes, once you hit the trigger, right?

Smoke Grenades are Independent Obscure effects.

Your other questions are oddly worded and confuse and infuriate me.

If the character has already used their power before the game starts, you might just want to take some high base Attack/Defense scores and a bunch of combat feats, to represent fighting styles he's already copied, and possibly styles he'll copy in the future.

If you want to get more granular and specific about it, and use a variable structure, you're better off just starting with the basic 8PP/rank Variable Power structure in Ultimate Power. Shapeshift is just Variable Power (Extras: Action [Move], Flaws: Limited [Physical Traits]).

Here is an idea Avenger pitched to me I'm not sure what all the implications are though.

Variable Power 1 (physical and mental polymath; 5 points, skills and feats, multiple at once; Continuous, Free Action to Change Allocation; Innate)

Another idea is Alternate Form. Except it jsut has differnt pacakges of skills and feats as APs. Such as "Ninja", "Sharpshooter", "Swordsman", etc?

Here is an idea Avenger pitched to me I'm not sure what all the implications are though.

Variable Power 1 (physical and mental polymath; 5 points, skills and feats, multiple at once; Continuous, Free Action to Change Allocation; Innate)

That would need to be noodled over by Refs.

Another idea is Alternate Form. Except it jsut has differnt pacakges of skills and feats as APs. Such as "Ninja", "Sharpshooter", "Swordsman", etc?

That would require no noodling, and would be fine.