When its time to party we will party hard (open)[ooc]

LF, what I will let you do is spend that last HP to acquire the Dedication feat, which will give you the effects (+2 on social rolls vs. the charms of 'mean girls') that you're looking for. If that's what you choose to do, go ahead and successfully resist. If that's what you opt to do, I trust that you will successfully roleplay Pompadour resisting the charms of an unspeakably gorgeous pretty face (via extra effort and multiple HP) as the heroic moment for the character that it is. ;)

If not, take your Fascination like a champ, and don't taunt the unspeakably gorgeous goddess a second time. :D

Make a DC 18 Will save, Ecal. I also need DC 20 Notice checks from, hmm, let's call it Geckoman and Pompadour.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was under the impression that his power has no visible effect -so even if he uses it, it can't be traced back to him, really... unless someone's using an analytical scent type power. If that's not the case, then perhaps not.

Do keep in mind that anyone (who breathes) that gets close to Pompadour needs to make a DC11 will save, or be affected by his pheremones, and I know that's a power without flashy stuff.

All right, consultation finished.

Pompadour's Emotion Control is insufficient to counter Daisy Gibbons' Bluff check of 45. While she rolled fairly well there, her Bluff modifier with her Boosted Charisma is so high that it is impossible for Pompadour's powers to overcome her social skills. (Hey, it turns out NPCs are affected by the social skills of the people around them.)

Lacking the Subtle power feat, Pompadour's powers are immediately obvious to everyone around him. (As was Daisy's Boost (Charisma), which is what got the attention of her instructors. Contrary to scurrilous rumors to the contrary, this is the only actual superpower her character has used in the course of the party.) Hopefully, the HP freshly acquired from his new complication will help him deal with this.

If I'm counting correctly, I'm now sitting at Fatigued, and 3 HP... I seem to be collecting more HP than phone numbers at this party, which is a wildly new and different thing for Pompadour.

I see the events as having unfolded thusly:

:arrow: Thunder went to the washroom to dry the champagne out of her dress.

:arrow: Grimalkin disappears.

:arrow: Pompadour stopped to sneer at Student Body (not so much at Battlecry and Geckoman, who he saw as victims).

:arrow: Geckoman has his freak-out, and runs towards the washroom, while Pompadour resists Student Body's fascinate and tears her a new one.

:arrow: Grimalkin gets in Geckoman's way, while Pompadour follows more slowly -seeing a Pixie, he stops entirely, wondering if the champagne was dosed with LSD (but doesn't seem confused himself, so rules that out).

:arrow: The Claremont Chaperones accost Pompadour.

:arrow: Geckoman and Grimalkin head inside the washroom, Thunder emerges from the Lady's in time to see them go in.

:arrow: Fletcher "narc" Beaumont announces that he can smell Pompadour's emotion controlling scents.

:arrow: Ace rescues Pompadour on his way to the washroom, Duncan Summers collects Pompadour, and Ace enters the washroom with Geckoman, Grimalkin and Thunder (not sure if Thunder went in)

I think this might be more accurate, Fell:

:arrow: Thunder went to the washroom to dry the champagne out of her dress.

:arrow: Grimalkin disappears.

:arrow: Pompadour stopped to sneer at Student Body (not so much at Battlecry and Geckoman, who he saw as victims).

:arrow: Geckoman has his freak-out, and runs into the washroom, while Pompadour resists Student Body's fascinate and tears her a new one.

:arrow:Pixie-sized Grimalkin appears by the Men's room and calls to Geckoman through the door, while Pompadour follows more slowly -seeing a Pixie, he stops entirely, wondering if the champagne was dosed with LSD (but doesn't seem confused himself, so rules that out).

:arrow: The Claremont Chaperones accost Pompadour.

:arrow: Geckoman exits the washroom and encounters Grimalkin, who returns to normal size, Thunder emerges from the Lady's room and apologizes to Grimalkin.

:arrow: Fletcher "narc" Beaumont announces that he can smell Pompadour's emotion controlling scents.

:arrow: Ace rescues Pompadour on his way to the washroom, Duncan Summers collects Pompadour, and speaks to Geckoman, who has just come out of the Men's

:arrow: Grimalkin leaves after saying goodbye to Ace